Sunday, September 4, 2011

Oatmeal Day

Mood::iconchibiamericaplz:


Which ends tomorrow. I love oatmeal.:iconheroamericaplz:In almost any form. By itself, in cookies, soups, etc. Used to have it every morning, but now I'm more hooked on cream of rice.:iconchibicanadaplz:It's also National Macadamia Day. I'm not entirely fond of the nut, but it can be good when mixed with things. Hey, I guess to celebrate, people can have an oatmeal and macadamia cookie. That sounds good.:iconfrancisplz:


We're finally getting our burst of summer this weekend!:dummy:Yesterday, it was in the high 70's. Today, low 80's. Yay! I even got a little sunburn yesterday. Although, that's easy to do with my skin... I burn so easily.:iconkikuplz:I never really tan. I'm either pale/yellowy or burnt. Go me. :iconlietplz:
Watched the first special of Nodame Cantabile. The whole special's apparently cut into 2 parts, and I finished the first. It was hilarious and emotional.Happy cry (Tears of joy)Might have even been greater than the series, if that were possible. They actually went on location to Paris and Vienna. The French people were actually dubbed at certain points, because they thought the audience would tire out from reading the subtitles. Very interesting.:iconchibinitalyplz:They still let out plenty of French. I understood a lot of it. The orchestra was actually a real orchestra from the area. This part was centered on Chiaki, and him winning a conducting competition. I like how Nodame tried to learn French. She met a guy named Frank at the dorm that both her and Chiaki are staying at. He's an otaku and was watching a French dubbed anime. It just so happened to be her favorite anime. She knew it by heart in Japanese, so she just went over and over the French dub. He had a ton of anime paraphernalia in his room. Odd thing is, I know most of the animes they were from.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Her mom gave her a weird French study book. When Nodame and Chiaki were at a restaurant she read, "Help! Call the police! He beats me at night!" in French. It was one of the funniest moments.:rofl:The waiter gave a terrified look at him. And people stared. Also, when she greets people she keeps saying she's Chiaki's wife. I love her character!:iconus-xdplz:Bizarre, funny, and somehow reminds me of some of my friends. Next part will center on her.


Went to a Bar Mitzvah yesterday. We knew the family pretty well, so it was nice to go to. They apparently didn't remember that we were coming, and had to rearrange the seating for lunch. It wasn't a big deal, but it was odd.:iconnataliaplz:The Bar Mitzvah kid did great. I think the only thing he stumbled on was some of the English. Which is kind of funny. Shows you how nervous he was. There were a lot of people. A lot of them we knew. Some we haven't seen in a long time. Mom wasn't doing too well, but she managed. 


Lunch was outside. There was nothing over the tables, so we had the sun beating down on us. Which is probably why I got burned. I tried to juggle 2 plates of food, so Mom didn't need to get up. It was difficult carrying it back to her.:iconwtfukplz:There were burgers, potato salad, Dorito's, and something else that's not coming to mind. The condiments for the burgers were a bit difficult to maneuver with. They used spatulas instead of spoons or something. Hard to get anything. Anyways, it was an alright lunch. Nice to talk to people at the table, too.:iconhappychinaplz:Eventually Mom left to sit under a covered table. Dessert was Candyland themed. A big cake with yellow and white frosting, starbursts, lollipops, chocolate coins, etc. All shaped like a game board. And for some reason, there was 2 chocolate milk bottles in the design. It was an ok cake, not the best, but ok. Got like a sugar high after that.:iconmochiplz:


Everyone was worried about Mom.:iconraivisplz:Her cancer marker has skyrocketed.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:Her doctor is taking her off of the current chemo, and once she recuperates, he'll start her on a new one. Yay.:iconromanotwitchplz:


Worked a lot on organizing my dessert recipes. I think it's the biggest section now. It all sounds like it'd be fun though.:la:At least to try. There's lots of cakes, pies, cookies, puddings, pastries, etc. It sounded good just looking through it. It'll be an adventure. My brownies came out awesome!:iconchibispainplz: It was a mix, but I could have over baked or under baked it. Easy to do with brownies. But, they came out nice and chewy. Almost like fudge. It feels good when I create something like that. And, the fact people actually like it, is even better.:iconthailandplz:


Almost forgot! I blew the shofar this morning. First time this year. Took a while to get a note out. It was very high pitch, and managed to hold it for a long time. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it tomorrow, too. 


Also, finished Zettai Kareshi. It was so sad! There's a special, though. Night essentially died, so I'm not sure what they can do with a special. Although, now she's with Soshi in Paris. So maybe it's their trip there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment