Sunday, August 7, 2011

New Tomorrow

Mood::iconthailandplz:


By A Friend in London. This was Denmark's entry for the Eurovision 2011 contest. It placed 5th. Kind of a nice motivating song. It's in English, so it's kind of easy to understand what it's about. The band formed in 2005, and all 4 guys were in boarding school together. They're big in Canada, too. 

The last couple of days have been cooler than they predicted.:iconswissplz:We were expected to be in the high 70s. We ended up being low 70s/high 60s. Wahoo! Hope it warms up again.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:


I was going to make brownies, that were from a mix, for Friday night. But, we ended up going to the market so late, I didn't have time. So sad.:iconpolandplz:But, we got some chocolate donuts, so it's not too bad.:iconheroamericaplz:Also, had a pre-made roasted chicken, some bok choy Mom cooked up in a sauce, and a really good pre-made Asian sesame noodle salad. Good stuff.:iconchibispainplz:


Mom didn't feel well enough to go to services yesterday. But, we did go to the congregation's annual picnic. The only problem I really had was how noisy it was. Made it very difficult to talk to people.:iconromanoplz:Most of the noise was from the kids. 


There wasn't really any main dishes. Just salads and a huge table of desserts. We had brought Mom's coleslaw. It was a huge hit. Practically gone by the time we were putting things together to leave.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:There was a lot of strange food. Most of the kids went for the dessert table for their 'dinner'. So, most of it was gone by the time the adults got to it.:iconlietplz:There was an interesting no sugar added apple pie, a strange looking angel food cake with goopy stuff on it, chocolate chip cookies (tasted really odd), 2 or 3 types of brownies, a weird looking blueberry and lemon curd torte, and some other things. Nice to see people, though.:iconchibicanadaplz: Oh, and we got to celebrate Havdalah with everyone, too.


Played some more of the Sims 2 yesterday as well. My sim, based on Russia from Hetalia, has reached almost all of his fitness points. Just one more left. He looks incredibly buff. To the point it's hilarious.:iconseychelles-plz:I wonder what he'll need after he gets promoted again? More logic points maybe? Already working on that, though. When he finally is making it big, I'll allow him to marry someone and mess with his house more. I can take as much time as I want with that, as long as I have the fountain of youth. I did mess with a few things. Gave him a better refrigerator, stove, toilet, a chess board, and a couple of other things. 


Finished Majo Saiban or Witch Trial. It was pretty intense right up until the last minute. I had a suspicion that it was her who set everything up. Wasn't exactly sure, what with all the twists. Very good mystery drama.:iconfrancisplz:I'm still curious as to what 'Ms. White' was going to do after she found out her husband was the one who bribed/threatened the jury. And, what he was going to do. He looked pissed when he knew she found out. Also, did they do anything to Kaori while she was at the hospital at the end? They kept telling Toru that they would if he talked. A lot of loose ends. Not the best ending.:icontinoplz:So, next Saturday I'll start another drama. Looked at the new ones for the season on dramacrazy, and a lot of them look pretty good.


Went through some of the recommended manga threads on mangafox. On my own, I wasn't finding much. I'm pretty new to manga still.:iconsleepygreeceplz:It's just what I've been reading, so far, has been really long on-going mangas. And, when you catch up to a manga's updates, and they only do it once every month or 2, you want something in between.:iconchibinitalyplz:So, now I have a good possible manga list. Some I've watched the anime version, but didn't know there was a manga version. Some I've heard about only through a drama, but didn't know it was also a manga. And, the rest I've never heard before, but they sound like they'd be really good. And very original. So, I can't wait to try these!:iconchibihungaryplz:


deviantART faves: Dark Scythe Cafe Cupcakes Lesson 1.1.b. Iris I did not make these! First, a really cool drawing of an oc. Second, cupcakes made to look like cafe tables. Really creative. Third, this is from one of my friends. He's learning Chinese art, and this was one of the assignments. It looks pretty cool. We're also good friends on jpopasia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment