Thursday, August 25, 2011

Coming Home

Mood::iconchibicanadaplz:


By Sjonni's Friends. This was Iceland's entry for the Eurovision 2011 contest. They placed 20th. I think they deserved to be a bit higher than that.:iconohboyamericaplz:Not the best song in the competition, but pretty good. The story behind this song is interesting too. Sjonni sadly passed away on January 17th of this year. His wife and friends got together, and decided that Sjonni would have wanted his song to remain in the competition. So, they agreed to carry on and perform the song in his memory. Interesting group of friends. Somehow, knowing the story behind it, makes the song even more meaningful, and maybe a bit eerie.:iconsleepygreeceplz:Still fun, too.

It's been pretty nice weather wise the last couple of days. Hope it keeps up.:iconchibinitalyplz:Looks like it might from the forecast. 


Parents got back from their trip to Victoria pretty late on Tuesday. They sounded like they had a lot of fun. Even got me a present! Yay!:dummy:It's a pair of pewter earrings. They're cats facing each other. Really cute. I like them a lot.:iconchibihungaryplz:They also bought the tea they had at tea time at Butchart Gardens. It smells and sounds great. Might have some later. I love tea! Would have been cool to be there at 'tea time' with them. They had a variety of small savory things and sweets. A traditional English tea time. Never been to one before.:iconfrancisplz:Maybe someday...:iconswissplz:They also got some jewelry from themselves, some cool lifelike butterfly magnets, a mug, notepad, and various other things. Mom said the trip getting there wasn't so great. But, the hotels were amazing. The last hotel they stayed at, their room looked like an apartment. It was huge. Had a kitchen, a living room, 2 huge bathrooms, etc. Crazy!:iconchibipolandplz:Mom said the food was great too. Kind of nice that they won the trip through a raffle.:iconhappychinaplz:


Was going to make something Monday night, but I lost track of time. So, instead I had some chili from a can. Not as good as it would have been, but not bad. Hearty too.:iconchibiamericaplz:Tuesday night, I actually did make something. Had some fish pieces, pasta with some margarine, dill, and a little parmesan cheese, and a nice salad. Salad had some of those nice and sweet baby cherry tomatoes, some lettuce, carrots, and a little bleu cheese dressing. All really good tasting food!:iconchibispainplz:


Yesterday, I went to my pre-hearing meeting with my lawyer in Seattle. I don't really know why, but I broke down at one point.:iconlietplz:So, I waited in the lobby while she talked with my parents. Apparently, Mom's going to testify for me. I won't have to show up during the hearing, unless the judge has a couple of questions. Makes me feel better. I think one reason why I broke down was because of how hot her office was. I felt like maybe we shouldn't go through with the whole thing.:iconraivisplz:But, Mom said it doesn't hurt to try. And, it's true, we don't have to pay the lawyer until we win the case. The lawyer's a little less confident than before, but thinks we might have a chance. I'm just nervous about the whole ordeal.:iconchibichinaplz:Also, said some things not as accurately as I could have. Not necessarily lies, but more like not being able to articulate the whole thing. The way I said a lot of things, wasn't quite right. I tend to get flustered, and not know how to talk as clearly as I should.:iconromanotwitchplz:When I'm nervous, if it's about legal stuff, some medical things, and other more 'serious' situations. Kind of like a deer in the headlights situation.:iconkikuplz:Mom says she basically reworded things for me, and the lawyer understood it better.


I was a bit shaken up by it all. So, I decided I wanted to go to some sort of music store. Remembering that I felt my selection's getting a bit stale, and Ted Brown really didn't have much of a selection.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:That jazz book we got from there is nice, but it only has a few songs and there's not much variety to it. I've been playing my other books for several years now. So, you can tell how 'stale' those are getting.:iconpolandplz:


Anyways, we found a pretty cool place called Kennelly Keys Music. Had a bit more of a selection than Ted Brown's. Got a blank music writing book. That will help me with transposing those pieces, and putting them to paper, so to speak.;)Also got an awesome huge book of clarinet solos.:iconus-xdplz:Really diverse types of music. Easy to hard pieces, as well. There's classical, folk songs, jigs and reels, a polka, American themed, some Christmas songs (probably will never want to play...:iconnataliaplz:) and many more types of pieces. Getting these 2 things made me feel a lot better.:iconheroamericaplz:


Then, we went to Red Robin. I got the Whiskey River BBQ burger. It was really good.:iconitalyplz:Had it before, but it seemed better. Also, got their honey mustard dressing for the fries. I was surprised by how good it was. We ate outside, so every once in a while bees would show up. Kind of freaky.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:But, they weren't swarming, or staying longer than a couple of seconds. So, it wasn't bad. After eating it, I felt even better.:iconberwaldplz:


Funny though, while I was sleeping, I was kind of harping on what I had said with the lawyer. And, had a hard time. Felt a bit weird this morning because of it.:iconseychelles-plz:
Started En Passant or In Passing on Tuesday, since Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei hasn't been updated. And, it'll probably be a very long time until the next chapter of SZS comes out.:iconprussiaplz:They've been slow with that series, and I finally caught up to it. Anyways, En Passant looks very promising. The protagonist, as it says in the pic, is extremely negative, and is called the king of pessimists. He really reminds me of Gintoki from Gintama and Nozomu (or sensei) from SZS put together. Gintoki with his blase attitude, and Nozomu's ideals. Good combo for me. He has no attachments to anything or anyone, and feels no hesitation to dying. He's unwillingly dragged into a fight for the most powerful position in the world, the leader of Verde. It's a secret organization that controls the world. Somehow chess is going to play a role. The title comes from a chess move. It's been hilarious so far.


Decided on what my next drawing project will be.:iconlachoirplz:(In addition to the character faces I'm still doing, of course.) I'm going to do the Hetalia themed heritage meme. I've seen a lot of people use it, and thought it would be interesting. Not sure how well I can draw the characters, but I'll try.:iconchibiitaliaplz:The rules were pretty simple. Draw the characters/countries that your family comes from. If your family came from many different countries, than you can draw chibi heads of them. Also, somehow add yourself. If there isn't an official character design for a country you came from, than make your own design. They also have to be marked by their flags or names. Kind of cool. Since my family comes from so many, I'll definitely have to make them as chibi heads. Might be easier on me anyways.:icondenmarkplz: Funny, I think I'll have to have a couple of oc's for a couple of the countries. It'll be interesting to make a chibi version of myself.:iconeestiplz:They said it'd be interesting if the countries are interacting with each other. I've seen some pretty funny ones that did this. It sounds really fun.:excited:And, you can do a lot of things with it. 


Also, might do a writing meme. Where someone's interviewing your vampire oc. I think I can have a lot of fun with that too.:icondanmarkplz:Vince seems a bit 'different', compared to the other oc's 'interviews' that I read. The questions are funny and creative. He probably won't want to respond to a few of them, but I'll 'make' him!:evillaugh:Just knowing his personality. So, fun stuff coming up! It'll get my mind off things. 


I've been posting a few more pics of Israel. I don't think I'll post them here, because it's too many. But, I might post tomorrow's. 


Watched Naruto Shippuden. Didn't particularly like this episode. They're still out at sea on the way to Lightening Island. They were ambushed by some pirates who had taken over a place called Battleship Island. It's shaped like a battleship. It was basically the age old thing with ninjas vs pirates. Also, seemed like they were trying to make fun of another extremely popular series called One Piece. Obviously, they didn't have characters from it, but it seemed kind of like a joke. Yay! Poke fun at a rival.:iconwtfukplz:I really don't like One Piece, so it was ok with me, kind of low, but ok. I think you're either a fan of Naruto Shippuden or One Piece, usually not both. Just what I've gathered. Anyways, this episode seemed a bit weak. Not much happened, and it seems like the story formula for it has gotten tiring. I liked the ghost ship one, because it seemed different than all the other recent 'filler' episodes. I don't think they reach the island next week either. The preview shows them on an island that the outside world forgot. Interesting.


deviantART faves: Slab-O-Meat Lesson 1. 1.a. Orchid Lesson 2.1.a. Plum Blossom I did not make these! First, a mouthwatering pic of BBQ'd ribs. Really tasty looking. Second and third are both lessons from my friend's Chinese brush painting class. Cool looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment