Monday, February 4, 2013

National Homemade Soup Day!

Mood::iconthailandplz:

Homemade soup is the best!:iconchibispainplz:It's also USO Day, and World Cancer Day. Sunday was National Carrot Cake Day. I used to hate carrot cake, but for some reason it tastes great now. 
This is my wallpaper for the month. It's the female and male version of Belarus from Hetalia. The male version is only introduced briefly on the mangaka's blog as a doodle, I think. (He's coming up with several opposite gender character designs for the countries, calling them Nyo! or Nyotalia. He introduced this idea very briefly in part of the manga. Didn't show the male version of Belarus then, though.) But, ever since then, the fandom has gone crazy with it. Same with what happened with Romania...:iconseychelles-plz:Anyways, I kind of like both of them. 

My spice calendar features oregano this time. It lists a lot more things you can do with it, than with garlic. Kind of weird, because garlic can be in a lot of things.:iconswissplz:

My Jewish calendar has an Esther scroll, or as we call it, a megillah as the main pic. Maker is unknown, it's parchment, from Germany or Italy, from 1710. (Kind of weird that they don't know if it came from Germany or Italy...:iconchibiswedenplz:) There's another megillah made out of parchment, maker unknown, place unknown, from 1700-1800. (Wow. They really don't know much about this one.) There's a 3rd megillah, maker is unknown, made out of silver, from Jerusalem, from 1900-1985. Each scroll looks quite different. Very interesting, though. I like to see the really old stuff they feature. All of them this month are Purim related. Purim starts on the night of the 23rd. It's a crazy and fun holiday.  

The month-long holidays are: American Heart Month, Avocado and Banana Month, National African American History Month, National Cherry Month, Berry Fresh Month, Canned Food Month. Some are important causes, some are to make you appreciate things you may take for granted, and some are just for fun. I love bananas, cherries, berries, and some canned foods. The other 2 are important. Good to take care of your heart, and people need to know more about African American history. 

On Saturday, we did a lot of shopping. We were out of a lot of things. So, we went to Costco, Trader Joe's, and our local market. Costco's good for our big staples. Like, fabric softener, paper towels, huge bags of clementines, etc. With Trader Joe's, some of their stuff is much cheaper than what they are at our market. Plus, there's new things we're trying out there. (I didn't go to the bar mitzvah, because I was really tired and wanted to sleep instead.
:iconhongkongplz:)

Went to Hakata after shopping all day. I got their yakinikudon, or yakiniku (lit. grilled meat, but it's strips of beef marinated in an amazing sauce, then grilled) rice bowl. It was really good, but had way too many onions.:iconwtfromanoplz:I should have remembered, and told them to leave those off. Oh well. It was the first time I couldn't finish it. Barely got through half of the bowl, before I felt full. (Just meant an awesome lunch the next day!:la:) But, it also comes with miso soup, and pickled bean sprouts. Like most of their entrees do. Also, had 3 small sushi rolls. I apparently still had room for dessert, and got my fave, tempura ice cream. It's ice cream encased in cake, then deep fried in a tempura batter. Tastes awesome!:iconitalyplz:

Yesterday, I looked around for some more music. Lastfm comes up with some interesting suggestions. Some bands sounded awesome, but were too depressing. Some were just ho-hum. Some I've fallen in love with. I found one interesting song, though. I'd like more upbeat, peppy, happy, and/or empowering songs. I've got enough 'drama' in my life. And, I certainly don't need more depressing stuff.:iconromanoplz:I also want more Irish/Scottish tunes. Maybe some klezmer, too. 

Also, tried out Pinterest. I created an account a while back, but the images knocked out my internet connection or something. It does that if there's too many images on a page. Kind of like it's overload for it.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Anyways, it seems to be handling images better now, so I tried to go back to Pinterest. I got rid of all the people I was 'following', because I had said yes to following people that my friends on FB were following. Then, I searched for things. There's interesting stuff there. Made a board featuring misc. Japanese stuff, one for tea, and one for nail art. It's a start, but nothing like how many boards some people have.:iconkikuplz:

Started watching Great Teacher Onizuka yesterday. Started Ouran High School Host Club. The drama follows really closely to the anime. (Almost too close.) Also, started Asuko March. It's interesting. I'll talk more about all these later. 

I just put some nail polish on. It's one of those ones that doesn't have a label for the color, and looks quite different on your nails than in the bottle. It's kind of a silvery light pink color. I like it a lot.:iconchibihungaryplz:It's a good confidence boost too. 

Also, started my 50 sit-ups twice a day for the week, today. I don't know if I can do it for the whole week.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:But, I'll see. I didn't think I could do the 35 ones for that whole week, but I did. And, now they don't seem that bad. Maybe that'll happen with this week's. I'm still doing my 2-mile walks. I thought I walked about that much at Costco, Trader Joe's, and the market on Saturday. So, I skipped my regular walk around the neighborhood that day. Had a nice walk with Dad yesterday, though.:iconchibicanadaplz:

dA faves: Hijikata- Mayora 13 Frustration I did not make these! First, a cool drawing of Hijikata from Gintama. Second, an amazing close-up pic of a pencil being stabbed into a piece of paper out of frustration. Very interesting, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment