Monday, September 10, 2012

National Grandparents Day!

Mood::iconhappychinaplz:

Happy belated Grandparents Day! It was yesterday. They definitely deserve a day, if not more, honoring them.

Took Rosie to the vet on Friday. She was remarkably calm once they were looking at her. Almost like she was playing dead.:iconwtfukplz:On the way to it, she kept crying like crazy. They gave her a few annual shots, weighed her, and shaved/brushed out her matted hair. Weight was pretty good. They said she probably is having problems cleaning the area that clumped up. Mainly because either the weight is keeping her from it, or most likely, she might have arthritis, and it's just too painful.:iconraivisplz:We just might have to brush it more often for her. Tasha's appointment is this coming weekend. We'll see how that goes. 

On Saturday, we picked up my bike from the shop. It looked pretty good. Also, got a new helmet. I wasn't even going to check my old one that's been sitting in the garage for about 10 years.:iconlietplz:Dad also got a new bike rack for her car. To make transporting them easier. Biked a bit today. Found out the seat might be a bit too high for me. I could barely get my leg over, and couldn't put my feet down when I stopped.:iconchibijapanplz:It was still nice to see what it was like again. I'll have to put something over the handlebars, too. The bugs in the garage started to chew through it. So there's bite marks. They say there's spray on insulation foam I can use for it. If that doesn't work, then duct tape. 

Yesterday, we went to the Puyallup Fair. Haven't been to this one in a very long time, as well. Liked it more than the county fair. Has a bigger fair 'feel'. Saw some of the animals. Haven't been on too many rides before, so I tried a few. 

Went on the Sky Ride, which I haven't been on since I was really little. It's like a small cable car that goes over the fair grounds. It's quite an impressive looking fair from above. There was another ride, might have been the Scrambler, where we spun very fast. There was another spinning structure next to us, and I thought we'd hit it. It was fun though. We went on the Ferris Wheel. The part where they were slowly loading people to the rest of the wheel, wasn't very fun. But, once that got going, it was kind of fun too. Dad went a couple of times on the Tilt-A-Whirl. 

Towards the end, we decided to try the Starship. I didn't realize how crazy it would be.:icongermanyplz:The outside has a lot of fancy lights decorating what looks like a 'ufo'. You can't see anything from the outside, other than it spins really fast. There's no seat belts. You just press your back to the wall where there's a foam panel that moves up and down. There's a railing for things like purses. We were spinning so fast, our purses were floating. I felt like something, like a blood vessel, was going to pop.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:It was so much force that I couldn't left my head too much. Oddly, I liked it. It was unusual, but fun. 

While I was there, had a gyro and garlic fries for dinner. Pretty tasty stuff!:iconitalyplz:Later, had a strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was really good! Had a scone on the bottom. The scones were being sold everywhere! It seemed every few food stalls was a scone one. Doesn't particularly seem like fair food, to me. But, I love scones, too!:iconchibihungaryplz:Looked at a place that housed some of the venders' products. One lady stamped our nails with cool designs. I got a scorpion, since I'm a Scorpio. Dad got 2 butterflies, since she loves them so much. We might go back to the fair soon, to try more of the rides. The fair itself goes until the 23rd. 

In Baka to Test, the school's summoning system went haywire, because someone disconnected the main cable in the control room. Since Akihisa's wrist band isn't affected by the system, he's the only one that can fix it by sending his summoning beast in. (He's also the only one that feels pain through whatever's happening with his 'beast'.) The air vent is too small for humans to pass through, and some of the summoned beasts went rogue. He managed to fix it, but barely had any points left by the time his 'beast' made it back. 

Read some of Kekkaishi. Nothing very exciting. Played my clarinet. Did some klezmer and Mozart pieces. Finally decided on a name for my zoo! Now I have to figure out the animals. Ones that aren't the norm. In other words, some that I make up. Have to figure out their names, and what they look like. 

Went over another kanji, practiced some, and looked over some compounds. Went over another Japanese lesson in my book. Almost done with a section of an article from You Maga, that I've been translating for a bit. Read an article in Japanese about Universal Studios Japan having a Halloween event. Sounded fun.

In the process of figuring out a better design for my main character from Alliance. He's looking much better already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment