Monday, April 29, 2013

National Blueberry Pie Day!

Mood::iconthailandplz:

This was actually yesterday. One of my favorite pies!:iconchibispainplz:When done right, it's amazing! It probably comes in around 2nd place for my fave pie flavors. Cherry being first, of course. Pecan pie's close, too. 

Well, I've got really good news!:la:On Friday, I managed to publish my novel, Alliance, on Smashwords! I immediately saw people downloading the sample after it was published. I'm really surprised and happy.:iconseychelles-plz:Last time I checked, the sample has been downloaded 10 times. Not bad for something that's been up for such a short time. 

Once it's published on Smashwords, they review it again manually to see if it can be approved to be in their 'premium' catalog. If it's approved, it can be sold at other online retailers. (Like, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Sony, etc.) They said it would most likely take a couple of weeks in order to be approved. I was just approved today for it! Another piece of happy news!:iconlachoirplz:It was barely up for 3 days. I wasn't expecting a response so soon. And, I wasn't even sure if it was 'worthy' enough to be in that catalog.:iconswissplz:But, I think I'm the only one that thinks that lowly of it. So far, some of the people online said it sounded amazing. And, that it should become extremely popular. I don't know about that...But, it would be awesome if it was such a success! I might celebrate a bit this weekend, since it's gotten off to a great start.:iconchibihungaryplz: 

I also did quite a lot of promoting of my book on other sites. Its had a very interesting and positive response. Makes me even happier! Most are congratulating me, but a lot of others are thinking of buying it, too. Some have told me that they'll buy it when their paycheck comes in. It isn't that expensive, but I won't judge them. At least they're interested. Some said they have to ask their parents if they can buy it. I hope not too many little kids will be interested, because it might disturb them a bit. I know the ones who said they have to ask their parents are actually in high school. So, it's all good. I've had a couple of people say that it's weird and awesome at the same time. (It's interesting that they worded it the same, and they're from different sites.) That's cool! I don't want it to be boring, or I guess, conventional.:iconhongkongplz:There's a reason why I did it in the style I did, too. Kind of my own one. The characters make the story, and one or two people said it looks kind of like a script and regular book at the same time. 
Today, I started watching the new Jdrama Sennyu Tantei Tokage, or Undercover Agent Tokage. I really like the main actor, and have seen him in other shows. But, that wasn't my main draw. I always look at what the show is about, before basing my opinion on it. Having a fave actor in it is a nice bonus, though.:iconchibinitalyplz:It kind of reminds me a bit of NCIS. What with the missions they do. And, having to change identities so often. It's a pretty good show so far.

Tokage is a former detective at the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department. He kept to himself, and didn't work well with others. He solved many difficult cases due to his photographic memory and physical abilities. He made a mistake that led to his partner's death. He felt guilty, and quit the police force. Then, he was hired by a private detective bureau, and helps the police with secret undercover investigations. Tokage means lizard. He's kind of like a chameleon the way he can change his identity so easily. Hence, the nickname. But, they also say it means he'll turn his back on his partner, if he feels threatened. Like a lizard will drop off its own tail in order to survive. (That's the example they used in the show...) He gets a new partner to aid in the undercover missions. He's reluctant about it. She apparently has a really good nose, and is good with computers. 

Kaichou wa Maid-sama was interesting this time. Dealt with a transgender person named Aoi. A person who was born male, who's the 'nephew' of the maid cafe's owner, came in dressed as a girl with cute clothes, hair, and accessories. Apparently, she likes taking pictures of herself in those outfits. And, she's become a 'net idol'. (Someone extremely popular online.) None of her fanboys know that she was born male. She tells the owner that she's been disowned by her parents, and needs to stay with her. People were surprised when after some misunderstandings, she took her wig off and they found out that she was genetically male. She said she loves dressing up, having long cute hair, being girly, and cute things in general. She was teased in school because of it. She gets really pissed off at Misa for being born female, and not being into feminine clothes. Misa responds with telling her that she's sorry for wearing 'manly' clothes, but that's just who she is. She said that Aoi should be able to be herself, too. Thought it was a pretty good episode.

In Mix Vegetable, they visit Hana's family-owned bakery. Hayato starts oohing and ahhing at the display cases. Her father becomes very protective of her. Once Hayato finds out Hana has a little brother, he says he has to meet him. Thinking that he'll be a rival for taking over the bakery. But, he learns through playing baseball with the kid that he's extremely talented at the sport. He has no interest in the bakery, too. 

Played my clarinet. Haven't done that in a long time! Felt good, even though I made some mistakes.:iconfrancisplz:Did some Mozart tunes. Also edited more of the last panel of that long drawing meme in Photoshop. Soon that'll be done. Then, I'd just have to slap the panels in place, and post. I think I'll do a colored in version after that. Sounds like it'll be interesting and fun.
日本語
Worked on a few more compounds for . (Also, haven't done my kanji stuff in so long!) 誠実 or せいじつ (seijitsu): sincere, honest, faithful. 実名 or じつめい (jitsumei): real name. 実現 or じつげん (jitsugen): implementation (e.g. of a system), materialization, realization. 実効 or じっこう (jikkou): practical effect, efficacy, efficiency. 実行 or じっこう (jikkou): practice, performance, execution (e.g. program), realization. 実際 or じっさい (jissai): practicality, practical; reality, actuality, actual conditions. 実子 or じっし (jisshi): biological child, one's own child. 実質的 or じっしつてき (jisshitsuteki): substantial. 実習 or じっしゅう (jisshuu): practice, practicing, training, drill.

No comments:

Post a Comment