Friday, March 29, 2013

4th Day of Passover!

Mood::iconchibiswedenplz:

Wow! It's halfway over! It only gets more difficult to follow the 'diet' of Passover as it gets closer to the end.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Feels like it's been going forever already. Still feel a bit tired from the cooking and preparing for mainly our seder.

Tried to make something nice yesterday for dinner, but it didn't turn out too well.:iconpolandplz:It was a matzah meat pie that people from Rhodes, Greece, and Turkey eat traditionally during Passover. Sounds great, because that area of the world has some of the best food. I think it was just a bad recipe. The top part became extremely hard, the meat mixture seemed dry and didn't keep its 'form', and the seasonings weren't the best. I was looking forward to making it.:iconprussiaplz:Came from the same book that I looked at for help on roasting an egg. The egg never seemed to really look 'roasted'. It had little brown spots, so I know it was. I guess the book isn't very good...Maybe just good for reference stuff? Maybe sometime in the future, I'll find a better recipe for it. (Dad made me feel even weirder after her reaction to it. I know she was probably just tired, but it still felt weird.) So, anyways, its kind of set the tone for today as well. 

I felt a little better after having some of my Passover noodles for lunch. I put some ketchup, parmesan, sweet basil, dried onions, garlic, and 7-spice (or shichimi togarashi) in. It was really good.:iconchibispainplz:Might have put a little too much 7-spice in, but it made it zesty too. I've always been the only one who could stomach these noodles, let alone love them. But, this brand was one of the best I've had. The noodles tend to turn into glue, if you cook them a minute too long. And if they're cooked right, they still have a little hardness to them inside. A lot of people don't like the texture.:icontinoplz:The only thing I don't like about them is they sit in your stomach like lead for hours after.:iconwtfukplz:

I finished writing the story part of Alliance yesterday! Huge thing for me!:iconlachoirplz:Been working on it for a while. I'll have to really celebrate after the holiday. Edited a lot of the last chapter today. Next time, I'll print out that chapter, and edit it again through the paper version. Sometimes I can see mistakes easier this way. After I get this chapter edited enough, I'll have to edit the entire thing. At least a couple of times. I might make a dedication page, figure out the author's info section, and the cover art after that. Then, I have to figure out if I want to self-publish. (It's looking more and more likely that I will.)

Played a little of my clarinet yesterday. I felt so rusty.:iconswissplz:Did some Mozart tunes. I'll get back to the way I was before, soon. Edited more of the drawing meme I'm working on. 

In Asuko March, Nao's mother visited. She wants to take Nao to Singapore with her to get a better education abroad. After a lot of going back and forth, and her mom collapsing from fatigue; her mom realizes that Asuko's the best place for her. Both Aruto and Tamaki are fighting over Nao. Momo's starting to soften a bit on Nao. Since Nao saved her from a group of guys. Sad that there's only one more episode left. 

In Hetalia, they featured more of Belgium and the Netherlands. I really like both characters. Belgium feels like she has to become stronger, because she's surrounded by men. Netherlands is very into trade, and his finances. He's kind of sneaky the way he does things sometimes. Like buying a bunch of fish from one country, pickling them, and selling them off to another country at a higher price. I liked Belgium's facial expression when she tried a waffle that countries from around the world call a 'Belgium' waffle. She was very disgusted, and said people should try the real thing at her 'home'. 

Gintama was awesome! Even if it was a touching story, they always seem to make it awesome and hilarious. Sadaharu was angry at Gintoki, Kagura, and Shinpachi for not feeding him. (Gintoki was a little ticked, saying it's tough trying to take care of everyone.) So, Sadaharu ran away. While he was wandering the streets he met a little puppy. He was about to eat it, then remembered how he arrived at the Yorozuya's door step, and took pity on it. It was very frail, and soon became sick. But, Sadaharu tried to look after it. Finding fish in the river, trying to ask residents to take them in, protecting it at night, etc. Eventually, it seemed that the puppy had passed away. Sadaharu didn't look too great by then, either. Gintoki found them, and took them to the vet. Apparently, Gintoki just wanted to be a little tough on him, to show him what it's like to care for someone. The puppy survived, too. Its previous owner had died, but his grandchildren were notified by Gintoki, and they took the puppy in. Gintoki's a genius! He's always been, but its really come out with the last couple of episodes. Although, he tries to act idiotic, he's far from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment