Monday, January 30, 2012

National Croissant Day!

Mood::iconchibiamericaplz:


Croissants are so good!:iconcuteamericaplz:Yay for having a day for them. The croissant originated in Austria, but was modified a bit by the French soon after. I thought it started out in France, so that's interesting.:iconchibicanadaplz:


I finished watching Jikou Keisatsu or Time Limit Detective. It was a bizarre and hilarious show. Reminded me a lot of Monty Python. Humor was a bit dark too. Interesting stories, and interesting ways the cases were solved. Characters really stood out on their own, and had many 'quirks'. Really enjoyed it. Supposedly, there's a 2nd season. Might see if it's up, and start watching that.:iconhappychinaplz: 


Finished watching LADY~Saigo no Hanzai Profile (The Last Criminal Profile)~. Thought the title was weird until the last episode. Makes sense now.:iconfrancisplz:The last case was about a murderer dubbed 'Lady Killer'. It was a really good series, too. It was pretty much like a Japanese Criminal Minds. I like that they acted through everything the killer did trying to get the 'mind set'. There's a good possibility, I think, for a 2nd season. But, this season just ended like a few months ago (it was that new), so I don't really know.:icontinoplz:
I managed to make everything I planned to last week! Yay!:dummy:First's a Chinese dish that's fish with hoisin sauce and carrots. Surprisingly good. Thought it might turn out too plain, but it had a nice light flavor to it. Second's a Middle Eastern dish of sauteed chicken with curry spices. (With Israeli couscous [from a box] and green beans as sides.) Good, but could have used a little less cayenne and black pepper. 


The 3rd one was another Chinese dish with chicken and bell peppers. It was really good, but needed a bit more sauce for the amount of chicken I used. Somehow, after cutting up most of the vegetables, I managed to dislocate my shoulder.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:The side I wasn't using to cut with.:iconkikuplz:Mom helped out a lot after that. Managed to pop it back in twice just before it was served. Wahoo! For some reason, I felt sick after that, and still do. Wonder if it's from shock or just the enormity of the pain.:iconchibijapanplz:


I felt good enough after eating the chicken and peppers thing to make the last dish up there. (It needed to be refrigerated overnight to set.) Which is a Hershey pie. More like a s'mores pie, though. This was awesome!:iconchibispainplz:I think I've only made one other pie, and that was a long time ago. (It was a chess pie.) It has Hershey bars, marshmallows, milk, and whipped cream in the filling. Also, has a graham cracker pie crust, and since the filling didn't fill it up all the way we put more whipped cream on top.:iconseychelles-plz:


Started another drawing, this time using my new pen set. (The pencil has been great!:la:) It's going to be a Chinese dragon, or my take on it, anyways. I want to take my time with this one. Shaping, experimenting, and molding it to how I want it. So far, his head's looking kind of cool. Also, worked a little on the outline of his body. 


Didn't do my own Shabbat services this time. Wasn't feeling well. But, I still read the portion. It was the last of the plagues, the Israelites leaving Egypt, plus some laws on Pesach (Passover). Quite a jam-packed one.:iconchibinitalyplz:
Started Daily Lives of High School Boys on Saturday. Thought it would be stupid and lame. But, it was really hilarious!:rofl:(First few minutes were a bit dry, but the rest was really funny!) The type of humor's very similar to Gintama. It's directed by the same guy and has a lot of the same voice actors. Seems a bit unique in the way that there aren't many slice-of-life anime shows centered on guys. Most of the time it's cute girls doing cute things. The guys in this aren't doing 'cute' things, but that might be one of its charms. Better than I thought it would be. Hopefully, it keeps it up!:iconthailandplz:


Finished Earth by Jon Stewart. It was really long and wordy, but I was so hooked on it I couldn't stop reading.:reading:It was really hilarious! 


Dropped Himitsu no Arashi Chan for now, since I can't watch anymore episodes. (Even with looking at those LiveJournal groups.) Oh well. Leaves room for something new.:iconberwaldplz: 


Went out and ate at Hale's Ales on Saturday. They screwed up all 3 of our orders. So, the manager comped our meals, and we only had to pay for our drinks. Nice.:iconchibihungaryplz:


Finished watching Yamada Taro Monogatari (The Story of Yamada Taro). Really, a very sweet show. Had a pretty good ending. I'd recommend this show to pretty much anyone. Seems like I'll be starting at least 4 new shows soon. It's like a new season for me. Yay!:iconicelandfukkiretaplz:


My therapist and psychiatrist, have apparently both left the clinic. They assigned me, already, to a new psychiatrist. Thing is I had no idea that my old one left. No one told me.:iconohboyamericaplz:Although, it had been 6 months since my last appointment. Supposed to do it every 3.:iconusaplz:But my last psychiatrist told me if I'm not feeling anything different with the meds I'm on, I don't need to come in. It's a waste of money and time otherwise. If I go with him and the other guy my therapist recommended, I'll be seeing 2 guys for the first time for it. Hey, as long as they're good and don't treat me like crap, I'm more than happy.:iconsleepygreeceplz:What's going on with me isn't gender specific (for example, 'women's issues'), so it shouldn't be a problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment