Monday, January 16, 2012

National Hot and Spicy Food Day!

Mood::iconicelandfukkiretaplz:


I love spicy food, but can't eat too much of it anymore.:iconwtfromanoplz:Something about how my gut's still screwed up from when I went to the hospital twice a few years ago. (And, supposedly it'll never be the same.:iconromanoplz:) Now, every time I have really spicy food, it doesn't agree with me.:iconnataliaplz:I was the type of person, who would see how many jalapenos I could eat when I went to a Mexican restaurant. Hot curries were great too. So, if you can eat it, then celebrate! It's also Martin Luther King Jr. Day. He was a great man, and definitely deserves a day in honor of him. 


We actually got some snow this weekend.:iconcoldrussiaplz:There's a storm passing through that might bring more. There really hasn't been much sticking to the ground in our area. But, there has been huge snowflake bursts. Kind of impressive.:iconfrancisplz:Got really cold last night, too. 


Translated a Japanese recipe called Seasoned Imperial Chicken in English. It was interesting. Might not use it, but it was fun to translate.:icontinoplz:Didn't find any good Malaysian recipes online. Next time I'll look for Singaporean recipes. 


Watched Kill Me Baby on Friday. It was, I think, a bit funnier than the 1st episode. It feels like the segments during the episode should be longer or the episode should be shorter. The format's weird I guess.:icongermanyplz:
In Buster Keel, Blue revealed that he's a monster too. (On the left in the pic.) He's a suiki or water demon, supposedly the last of his race. He's looking for revenge against Kurokiri Setsuna, who wiped them out. They're successful with their first team job, and Blue finds out a little more about Setsuna. 


Went to my therapy appointment on Friday. It was the last one with this therapist. Since she's retiring soon. I've liked her a lot. Except, this time it almost felt like I was cheated.:iconbraginskiplz:She was running about 10 minutes late, and I got out about 15 minutes early. And, we talked a little about what I might want to do with my next therapist. Did one of those weird questionnaires on depression and anxiety. (It's the closest thing on paper to checking up on any bipolar 2 symptoms I might have. Not the best though.:iconkikuplz:) I scored really low this time, which is good. The lowest the score the more normal you 'feel'. (It means my meds are working. I love those meds! They're like miracle pills.:iconyayhanatamagoplz:) I remember I filled that out the first time I was diagnosed with depression. (Before we knew what it really was.:iconlietplz:) But, they use it on almost anyone with a history of mood disorders. Also, talked about her recommendations for the next therapist. She's not really sure, but suggested the newest/youngest person on staff. He's so new that he doesn't have a patient yet.:iconchibijapanplz:Not sure if he's good though. Anyways, it was interesting, but that took a pretty large chunk of time out of the session as well. Maybe had about 15-20 of normal therapy. That's nothing!:iconwtfukplz:I'm happy for her though. 


While we were at the grocery store on Friday, we bumped into someone we knew. He was going to be all alone for Shabbat, since his wife was in Seattle for something. So, Mom asked if he'd like to join us for Shabbat dinner. He agreed and seemed very excited about it. As soon as we got home, I put the groceries away, cleaned up a lot, and started making dinner. Which was gumbo. Even though it was from a box, it was my first time. I added fish (cod, I think), green beans, and corn. So good!:iconitalyplz:We told him it would be 7:15 for dinner. About 8 or so we felt that we couldn't wait any longer, and ate. Also, had an awesome key lime pie!:drool:We left his food out hoping he would come at some point. But, he never showed up.:iconswissplz:


We got a call the next night, while we were eating out at around 7:30. Asking if anyone was home, and saying how he waited a while at our door, and then left. I'm very confused as to how he would mix that up.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Shabbat dinner's always Friday night, not Saturday night. Shabbat has passed by then. Maybe he had one of those weird air-heady/tired moments, I guess. Nice guy, but weird. 


By the way, we went to Pho T&N again. I got what I like to call their beef yakisoba. It was really good this time.:iconchibispainplz:A couple of burnt bits, but good nonetheless. Also had a Vietnamese tofu spring roll. I love the sauce it comes with. The roll is pretty good too, just not as awesome as the sauce.:iconpolandplz:It was the first time in a long time that I couldn't finish it, but Mom finished hers. Oh well, made for a nice lunch today.:iconthailandplz:


Had my own little service again Saturday morning. It's been interesting. This last portion was the beginning of Exodus. A lot of stuff packed into it, too. Rosie watched me intently again. I'm getting a chance to really read the portion, instead of just showing up at shul (or synagogue) and hearing someone else's summary of it like I'd normally do. I kind of feel more involved with it, and yet I'm not.:iconseychelles-plz:I mean I did read portions before we stopped going for Shabbat morning services, but it wasn't everytime. And, I got lazy half the time with it. Gives me a bigger picture I guess.
Started watching Another on Saturday. It's based off of a mystery/horror manga. (Which apparently was based off of a novel before that.) 26 years ago, in a 3rd-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. She was an honors student, good at sports, charming, and was very popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. In the spring of '98, a boy named Sakakibara Kouichi transfers to that classroom, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in the classroom. There's a beautiful, aloof girl named Mei Misaki who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures. No one seems to notice her, except Kouichi. 


Sounds like my type of anime.:iconberwaldplz:So, it's one of the shows I really wanted to see this season. The first episode wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be. But, it still looks like it has a lot of potential. The art and background music's perfect. The opening song didn't seem to fit with the overall mood. The only real downside of the first episode, was that it dragged at times. It could be that they were trying to build up the mood. Hopefully, that'll pick up soon. A lot of critics online mentioned that it was slow in areas too. So, I guess we'll see. 


Pandora Hearts just keeps getting better. The story seems very intricate. They revealed a bit more of Gilbert's past this time. 


Himitsu no Arashi chan was hilarious. They're still on their vacation. This time, Sho is with them. Last time he was covering the Beijing Olympics. (Yeah, I know it's a while back.:iconusaplz:) The funniest part was when they went to another haunted house. Whoever screams the most loses and gets the title of biggest scaredy-cat of the group. Aiba screamed so much! Even at things that were stationary and normal.:iconohboyamericaplz:(They had planned traps where things would spring up at them.) Apparently, if I don't find a sub for the next episode, I'll have to jump 10 episodes. That's a lot of raw ones. Oh well, I'm just grateful some of them are up. D no Arashi was about finding a mole again. They did it this time! At least most of these episodes are subbed. (Probably, because it's an older series.)


I'm kind of sad that I'm nearing the end of Yamada Taro Monotagari. It's been a fun series. Although, this episode seemed a lot more serious than usual. Gintama was hilarious!:rofl:I'm surprised with what they can get away with in that series. Tons of Dragonball references. Managed to get a little playing done today as well!:dummy:

No comments:

Post a Comment