Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

Mood::iconsleepygreeceplz:


It's the year of the dragon. Cool! I hope people who celebrate it had fun!:iconfrancisplz:It's also National Pie Day. Pies are awesome! 


Well, most of the snow's finally melted. It was a crazy storm. Started raining heavily on Friday, and essentially stopped today. There are still a lot of people without power. We're lucky to live on a hill, since there's also been a lot of flooding. Today's been really nice and sunny out.:iconchibicanadaplz:


Kept up with practicing my clarinet. Only missed one day this past week. Not bad.:iconheroamericaplz:Worked on editing the heritage meme. And, wrote a bit more of chapter 15. I haven't focused on my writing like this in so long. Feels good.:iconus-xdplz:


I'm going to make a Hershey's Pie for Friday. It has chocolate, marshmallows, whipped cream, and a graham cracker crust. It sounds sooo good!:iconchibispainplz:I'll have to start making it Thursday night, so it can set in the refrigerator. It'll be hard not to eat it right away.:iconseychelles-plz:I might make a Chinese dish called Fish Fillets with Hoisin Sauce. Sounds pretty tasty. I just have to figure out the sides.:iconchibiswedenplz:


Did my little service again for Saturday morning.:iconhappychinaplz:Rosie was really interested in what I was doing this time. When I was sitting she came over to investigate what was going on. And, when I was standing she sat where I had just been before, meowed, and watched me intently. It was cute.:iconcuteamericaplz:This time it was the start of the plagues. Kind of an interesting and happening portion. 


We went to Taco Time that night. I haven't been there in so long!:iconwtfromanoplz:Things looked a bit different. I had the soft burrito meal. I used to get the bean one, but I tried the beef. Not as good, but not bad.:icontinoplz:


Then, we went out for some stuff. I got an incense stand. I've wanted something that you could smell almost right away, but wasn't overpowering. The spring meadows candle was close, but just wasn't quite it. Mom felt the same way with her candle, and decided to try some incense. She got a sampler that had 3 scents and like 90 sticks in it, plus a stand. Since it had so many sticks, we decided to share. We just needed to get another stand for me. I don't think I've used incense before. Hope to start soon.:iconchibinitalyplz:Had to finish off my candle first, which I did yesterday. Should be interesting. 


Turns out I'll have to wait a bit to watch more of Himitsu no Arashi Chan. The rest of the episodes out there aren't subbed. Although, I've been looking at an episode list on livejournal, that seems to have links to more episodes. But, they're blocked to non-members. If I join, I might be able to watch more. We'll see.:iconkikuplz:


D no Arashi took too long to load, so I only watched the first couple of minutes. It looked like it would have been boring anyways. It was about segments they edited out of episodes, because they thought they were too random or something. They were doing it from their hotel room too. Apparently, 2 hours later than normal, so they looked exhausted. Oh well, maybe next time it'll be better.:iconchibihungaryplz: 


Yamada Taro Monogatari was touching. Taro's family had suddenly been able to move into a mansion, and were treated like royalty. It was a reward from the person who owned it, for the art Taro's dad did for her. Everyone, but Taro loved it. He couldn't relax, couldn't smile, and it was too quiet for him. Plus, everytime he looked at the food the staff made, he wondered how much it would cost. In the end, Taro told everyone he wanted to go back to their poor run-down house. He had too many good memories there, and things seemed cozier. Everyone agreed and moved back in. It's been a very interesting story so far. The next one's the finale. Taro might move to America to study under Ehara and Clemens (the guy he idolized as a kid), as their assistant.


Gintama was a bit lame. It's rare for them to be lame.:iconhongkongplz:Next week's looks awesome though! 


日本語
Looked over lesson 3 in my book. It was on これ or kore, それ or sore, and あれ or are. これ is this or these. それ is that or those. And, あれ is that over there, or those over there. Their polite forms are こちら or kochira, そちら or sochira, and あちら or achira, respectively. When modifying a noun, it's この or kono,その or sono, あの or ano. I was a bit confused before, but it does explain some things. I think I might have to go over it again next time, to really get it down. (Before, it was kind of hard to distinguish which is which and when do you use it, so this helps. I knew what they meant, though.) The kanji I worked on was or karu, kakeru, or ku. It means to advance, drive, gallop, impel, inspire, run, or to spur on depending on its context. 

No comments:

Post a Comment