Sunday, November 27, 2011

National Cake Day!

Mood::iconicelandfukkiretaplz:


Cake's awesome!:la:This was actually yesterday, but why not celebrate it today, too? I don't think it's as good as pie, but it comes close in my book.:iconchibisitalyplz:It's also Rosh Chodesh Kislev, which is the new month of Kislev on the Jewish calendar. I think it's our 3rd month of the year. We celebrate Hanukkah during it.


I can't believe I have exactly a week from today until the JLPT, or the Japanese Language Proficiency Test!:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:Last time I was just 4 points away from passing and being certified. Maybe this time I'll finally get certified. I've been focusing a little more on some of the stuff I needed to improve on. So, I feel a bit more confident.:iconberwaldplz:


Yesterday, I had my own little Shabbat service again. Rosie kept trying to eat the fringes on my tallit. It was annoying.:iconchibienglandplz:The portion was interesting. About Jacob and Esau. I feel a bit sorry for Esau. The Haftorah was a bit weird. It felt good to do the service again for myself. It's either that or none at all.:iconwtfukplz:
Started another drama yesterday called LADY~Saigo no Hanzai Profile~ or LADY~The Last Criminal Profile~. This was just like a Japanese version of Criminal Minds. Really good so far.:iconchibiamericaplz:I'm good with seeing a similar team solving different cases in a different environment. This first episode was a bit long, but it was like a movie type of premier. Had a horrible case, too. A murderer would kill parents who abused their children in really messed up ways (not just stabbing them or shooting them), make the kids watch, eat their food, eat paper lying around, and take the kids. (Still don't know what happened to some of the kids...:iconamericasadchibiplz:) Almost felt sorry for the criminal when he was finally starting to open up about his crimes, and the reasoning behind it, and suddenly being shot in the back by a sniper. He thought that the murderer was going to kill one of the agents who went undercover. 


Almost everyone on the team has a similar type of personality to the ones on Criminal Minds. There's a female boss, named Yuki (3rd from the left, in the middle in pic), instead of a male. But, she has a similar personality to Hotch. The star of this one, Kazuki (she's in front of everyone in the pic), is similar to Prentiss/JJ put together. Shinbori's like Spencer (he's on the far left). Their tech person's not as eccentric as Penelope, but she's close (she's 2nd from the left). Terada's a lot like Derek (far right). The similarities are a bit freaky. The last guy in the pic's a cop who helps them with their investigations. There aren't many profiling-based jdramas. (There's a ton of detective/police ones. Those aren't as thought provoking, I guess.) So, it's kind of fresh looking at it that way. Had a lot of actors that I like as well. That's always a plus.:iconchibicanadaplz:


Got sucked into some forums yesterday, too. I don't usually find so many things to comment about.:iconheroamericaplz:I think, Friday night, I played the Sims 2. Made a Gintama-based family. Gintoki with blond hair (kind of like when he was disguising himself as 'Kintoki') as the parent, Kagura and Shinpachi as teenagers. The only one that wasn't similar looking was Shinpachi. Couldn't get anything close to his clothes. The glasses and face were ok. The hair, not so much. But, they have the same personalities. So, it's still fun and interesting. Oh, and I put them in Strangeville, where there's aliens. Thought it fit.:iconenglandispervyplz:


deviantART faves: Noooo Warmth in a Cup My First Homemade Donuts 25 Gin san I did not make these! First 3 are awesome food pics. Fourth, a cute drawing of chibi Japan (from Hetalia) and their Bhutan OC. It's in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of the Bhutan-Japan exchange. Fifth, a nice and warm watercolor of Gintoki from Gintama.

No comments:

Post a Comment