Friday, June 1, 2018

National Olive Day!

I love olives! Could probably eat them all day and not get tired of them. It's also Donut Day. 

I'm not going to do the monthly stuff today. Feeling frustrated at the moment. Felt sick again today, and slept in. Didn't get much done. 

I did manage to finish the ebook cover. Decided on the popover one. I think I chose a nice font. I didn't want it to seem pretentious, wanted everyone to be able to read it, and didn't want it to look goofy. The text is yellow, which I like the effect with the black background. The position of where my pen name is, is a little different than the usual. This time it's in between the title and popover. Normally, it might have been under the popover, but I don't think there's enough space under it. I like the placement of the popover, too. I guess as long as my pen name's on there and it's smaller than the title, it's all good. It looks interesting this way, too. 

After that, I downloaded the template for the paperback version. Only problem is my computer's having issues with extracting it from the zip file. Normally it doesn't. This has been going on for the last few hours now. Adding to my frustration. I decided to go with cream colored pages this time. It's 6" x 9" and 160 pages long. Apparently, you have to figure out the color beforehand. 

I called the mail-order pharmacy at around 11am today. It was about not getting lialda yet. She was surprised by it, too. She said I should have gotten both of them, at the latest, last Tuesday. She told me she'd call back after checking the tracking number and pulling up info on it. At around 1:30pm, she called back. She said it was held up somewhere, and they didn't know why. Couldn't tell if it was the pharmacy's fault (although she noticed it was mailed by them on the 24th) or the postal service. She said the updated arrival time would be today. If it wasn't in the mail today, she said to call them back. They'll prescribe an emergency amount to be picked up at a pharmacy immediately. Their call hours end at 5pm today. I only have enough lialda to take me through tomorrow night. Nothing for Sunday and on. I was really anxious after that. Checked the mail at about 2:50, it wasn't there yet. Again, at 3:15, nothing. Finally, the mail arrived at 3:30. My meds were there, thank goodness. I was worried about it. Plus, 3:30 was cutting it close to when I couldn't call them back. I'm frustrated about it, too. Mail-order is supposed to be easier and is usually quick. This seemed dangerous for me. 

I did get to the regular miscellaneous cleaning today. Just not vacuuming. Rosie didn't stand for much of the mitt today, so I stopped early. Hope to get to my German at some point later. 

It's been a weird week, and hopefully the next one will be better. Probably will publish both versions of the cookbook then. Might try to do some of it on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment