Tuesday, June 5, 2018

National Gingerbread Day!

Gingerbread's great! Went to the Gingerbread Factory in Leavenworth not too long ago. It was good, but not the best gingerbread I've had. I think it takes more skill to get it just right. Good combo of things that go into it, too. I think it's an even bigger thing in Europe than here.

I've been feeling really crummy today. I was coughing all day yesterday, and today my throat feels swollen. Nose has been runny, stuffed up, and hurts to breathe through it. Have felt so nauseous, that every time I try to eat I feel like I'll throw up immediately. Feels like I've got another cold or something. Oh, fun fun. 

I think I ended up sleeping in because of a combo of things. My bed had just been laundered before I went to sleep, and therefore was still warm. Also my clean pillow was at a perfect position and not very lumpy. (That's rare for me.) I had just had some really good ice cream. Before that I helped Dad with moving old rusted barbecues from the backyard to the driveway in the front. (There were about 5 or 6 barbecues altogether.) That was a bit tiring and slightly dangerous, although she did one of the most dangerous parts. Getting on the falling apart deck, throwing the newest barbecue off of it, and getting herself off the deck. Thrilling to watch, too. Someone that picks up scrap came and took it all away today. Another thing was that I was starting to feel sicker. Perfect storm for sleep. I haven't slept so soundly in a long time, so that was a plus. 

I finally finished the print version of the cookbook's cover. Took me a little while. With this, I also figured out the description. Yay! It's still not as short as I'd like, but it's close. The spine looks pretty thin. They say if the print version is less than 100 pages, not to put any text on it. It's 160, so it's close, but over enough there should be something. 

Watched another episode of Glitch on Netflix last night. Had a really surprising and sad ending. Not sure where it's going with the story. Especially after this episode. 

I'll try to get to learning German later today. Tomorrow night there will be a local trans group meeting. Hopefully, I can get up when I plan to and get more stuff done beforehand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment