Friday, June 8, 2018

25th of Sivan

Head-wise, I'm feeling slightly better. Gut-wise, worse. It's like I'm being stabbed by knives in my abdomen on top of everything else. Maybe whatever I have has travelled. I hope it's just that I'm sick and not something more. 

The cookbook's paperback is live now. However, things aren't settled quite yet. It isn't connected to the ebook at the moment, for one thing. Read that it might take up to 48 hours to get everything 'set' after it went live. The ebook isn't quite there yet, either. Might be ready for me to tell/share the link with people tomorrow. That should be interesting. 

Figured out a better way to deal with my student loans. I think I was out of forbearances, or at least couldn't apply for another one for a while. Navient has been hounding me through emails the last couple of months. Anyways, through seeing what plans I'm eligible for, I found an income-based plan. As long as my 'income' is below a certain amount I won't have to pay. Once a year I'll have to 'recertify' for it and they'll give me a reminder. That sounds like it'll be a load off my mind for a while. I just have to wait for Social Security to check that I am who I say I am, then apply for it. I think it's actually a government-based plan. So, it's through both them and Navient. Good that there's something like this.

On Sunday, there's the local Pride picnic. That was nice last year. It's at a retreat and camping center in the middle of the woods. There's a lake nearby. They have a labyrinth meditation area near it, too. I haven't seen that yet, but might this time. The local Pride organization has a huge rainbow flag they hang from the main cabin area. I think it was originally a piece of a much bigger flag. It's impressive. There are usually things like hot dogs and hamburgers, outdoor games, speakers, and music. I'm thinking of going to another local Pride picnic in a couple of weeks. That one I haven't been to, and it seems it's only its 2nd year. It'd be great to go to Seattle Trans Pride, too. It was cool to see the amount of people marching, flags, people out in support watching, and going through the booths after the march. I can wave my little genderqueer flag this time. I'm not sure about marching in the Seattle Pride and July 4th parades. It's usually hot out for both of them. It's tiring, too. The Seattle Aces are marching this year, though. It's their first year doing it. So, both them and our local Pride org have spots in it. The Seattle Non-Binary Collective might, too. Might be interesting to watch instead. 

I've realized that most ace activists focus mainly on erasure. That's a big thing, but it isn't the only thing we face. There tends to be an attitude that our issues should be downplayed, because there are other groups that have it worse. Probably the mentality that comes from people playing the Oppression Olympics on Tumblr. It stifles our voices, I think. Another really big issue is 'corrective' rape. Not many people want to talk about it. Aces (as well as aros) go through conversion therapy along with the other parts of the greater LGBTQ+ community. There was a recent study that aces are less likely to be offered housing than gay people. (Gay people were less likely than straight people. That should be noted, too.) That might stem from erasure and being 'invisible', but it seems like an added layer to it. This stuff needs to be talked about more. I'm all for visibility, too. 

Finished watching Glitch. It had way too much drama. I never finished the first season, because it was being drawn out and slow. I apparently didn't miss much after starting this season. They must have realized that they were drawing it out too much, and thought adding more drama would help. There were too many side things, too. I don't think I'll watch another season if they have it. I'm going to watch The Break next. According to Netflix, I've only seen the first episode. I thought I saw more...

Hopefully next week will be much better. The cookbook might catch on. I know people who knew her would be interested (that'd be a lot), and maybe they'll tell their friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment