Monday, June 11, 2018

28th of Sivan

Went to our local Pride's picnic yesterday. It was raining heavily most of the time, so we mostly stayed in the lodge. They had a buffet area in the back. There were fruit, veggie trays with ranch, huge foot-long hot dogs, BBQ brisket, bagged single serving chips, baked beans, and more for the lunch part. There were Irish cream bars, cappucino bars, and sugar cookies for dessert. The brisket was really good, as well as the desserts. Dad got a hot dog, and it was so big it couldn't fit in the bun. The chairs were really comfy. I knew a lot of people there. It was nice to talk to some of them. Especially about trans, aro ace, and IBD stuff. (IBD doesn't have to do with the community, except for the fact that some of us have it.) 

Occasionally, there were breaks in the rain, and they had set up campfires with the fixings for s'mores on the side. I just grabbed a cold marshmallow and chocolate. They were out, so...they probably didn't mind. There were a lot of people there. We filled up most of the lodge. It's rather big. They had a live band, but also music coming from the speakers. 

Put out a status on fb yesterday announcing that both versions of the cookbook are out. The main link was to the paperback, since I think most people would want a 'hard' copy of a cookbook. An ebook cookbook might be a bit cumbersome, and you don't want it to get dirty, either...A cousin said she bought it and can't wait to get it. Yay! The paperback's not completely 'connected' to me yet, and people aren't charged until they get it. So, I don't know how many copies I've sold yet. 

However, today I did notice that the paperback does have a ranking. It's not ranked until it sells. So, it's happening. I also don't know if they're keeping sells from me, because I haven't switched to direct deposit into a bank account yet. It's still set to checks. They've stopped supporting checks in the US. I probably should switch soon. Just to see, at the very least. 

I also posted the cover on Instagram. 19 likes for it so far. That's quite a lot for me. Submitted it to dA, too. Posted it to a few groups on there. There were a few faves/collects, and one person commented asking what was on the cover. I mentioned it in the description... 

I embedded the ebook version of it on the left side of this blog. (You can see it in the desktop version.) They don't let you embed the paperback version. Soon the ebook and paperback will be linked together, and you can choose which format on there. So it won't matter much soon. I need to finish Alliance 3 to even out what's on here. It's weird for me to think I've put out 5 books already. I have a lot more ideas for books, besides the Alliance series. Also, the more I put out, the more I'll get noticed. 

Social Security accepted that I am who I said I was today. With that, I applied for the income-based repayment plan through the government. They said I was eligible. If I can't pay it within 25 years, it'll be completely forgiven. That's awesome! Better plan than I thought it was. Won't have to pay a thing unless my income reaches a certain point. I just have to recertify annually. Now, Navient has to ok it. Once they do, it'll take effect soon. 

I'll try to get to more things tomorrow. The application took a little longer than expected, and my computer slowed down/froze a lot. At least I got a little promoting done, as well as doing the cat stuff for cleaning. 

By the way, they both seem to be guarding me lately. Rosie's letting Tasha sleep against my room's door jam during the day. Tasha's looking happier because of it. I think she wants to get closer to me, too. Rosie's still very possessive of me, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment