Thursday, October 3, 2013

Love Love Love

Mood::iconthailandplz:

By Roy Kim. Just a really nice and upbeat tune about love. I like that in the video he interacts with his fans. His voice is really nice too. His actual name is Kim Sang-woo. Roy Kim is his stage name. He's a South Korean singer, songwriter, and radio presenter. He was the winner of the Mnet talent competition series: Superstar K 4. Which was in 2012. So, he's fairly new. 

This is my wallpaper for the month. It's Mukuro Rokudo from Hitman Reborn. He's partially the Mist Guardian of the Vongola. Fighting with powerful illusions. I say partially, because the 'official' one is Chrome. But, he's keeping her alive by giving her organs entirely made out of his illusions. (She was in a horrible accident when he met her. Lost an eye, and was going into organ failure.) He's physically in prison, but when Chrome is overwhelmed by an opponent, he can appear for a brief amount of time and take control. He essentially shares part of her body. She often appears weak, but that's because of her 'condition'. But, Mukuro's extremely powerful. I thought he fit in well with a Halloween/October theme. There's a couple of other ones of him that look 'spookier', but ended up with this one. The one I have of Chrome is interesting and kind of creepy too. Maybe I'll switch to her halfway through the month?:iconchibiswedenplz:She looks a lot like him as well. Very interesting character.

My spice calendar features star anise this month. I don't think I've had it very often. I don't particularly care for licorice-like tastes. But, if used in small amounts it might be good. It mentions the history of it, where it originated from (southern China), wine pairings, and simple recipes. 

My Jewish calendar features a page from a Hebrew primer book by Schoontje Hartog Izabella Engelsman. From Groningen, Netherlands; 1925-1930. There's also a page from a Dutch primer book by J.B. Wolters and Cornelis Jetses. From Groningen, Netherlands; 1950-1960. Very interesting to see such old ones, and the Dutch primer as well. I still remember most, if not all, of the Hebrew words that are featured. (I should, but it has been a while since I've studied it...:iconswissplz:) Interesting to see how another country does it, too. Like what their illustrations are like for each word. I guess I get to learn a little Dutch from it, too. There isn't really a Jewish holiday until next month. That'd be Hanukkah, which starts on Thanksgiving. (Really the holiday starts the night before, but the first full day is on Thanksgiving.) It doesn't usually happen that way.:iconseychelles-plz:Usually it's in mid-late December. It's going to be very interesting.

The month-long holidays are: National Apple Month, National Caramel Month, National Chili Month, National Cookie Month, National Pasta Month, National Pretzel Month, LGBT History Month, German American Heritage Month, Italian American Heritage Month, National Cookbook Month, Polish American Heritage Month. Some are important causes, some are to make you appreciate things you may take for granted, and some are just for fun. I love all those foods!:iconfrancisplz:Cookbooks are fun too. LGBT History, and those heritage holidays are all important. I'm part German, so it's kind of my month that way, as well. 

I'm feeling a lot better now, compared to a couple of weeks ago. Don't really have that sick feeling anymore. Went to the support group that meets on Tuesdays. We have a new place to meet now. It's basically an apartment just for our group. Even has a kitchen. We just have to get some furniture. There was a new person who was celebrating her birthday. So, we had some chocolate cake. They also had some little sandwiches, but I couldn't eat them since they had ham. I was good with just the cake though.:iconchibinitalyplz: 

After that, we went to Shari's. I got some plain hash browns, and a slice of French silk chocolate pie. I wanted to experiment a bit and put, what I thought was, honey mustard on the hash browns. Turned out to be 'hot' Dijon mustard. Made it taste nasty. So, I threw some mayo, salt, and a little sweetener on. Eventually, it tasted decent enough to eat. It was bizarre. The pie was really good.:iconitalyplz:

I finally got enough nerve to email our local synagogue president. He was the one who suggested that I should email him the info about my novel, Alliance, and he'll feature it in the newsletter. It'll be great for marketing it. I just didn't expect people to care about it.:iconkikuplz:Or, that it would sound that great. Also, it's not a 'Jewish' themed book. Yes, it's written by a Jew, but it's not about Judaism. But, then again, they recently featured a book by a member that was on how to deal with financial struggles. Again, not a book about Judaism. They did say above the feature, 'Celebrating our members!'. So, I guess it'd be nice just because of that. 

Also, went through a good chunk of my closet. Threw out most of it. It was full of things like old jeans with tears and holes, skirts that I don't think I'll ever be able to fit into again (they looked decent on me when I was like 12...), some of the skirts were raggedy looking, there were some pairs of pants that were far too big for me as well, etc. None were nice enough to donate.:iconohboyamericaplz:They were super old too. Did find a couple of skirts that might look a bit better on me once a lost a little more weight. Since I'm still losing, it shouldn't take me too long. Found some old Girl Scout stuff. Threw out most of that, too. I still have so much more of my closet to go through...:iconwtfukplz:It's going to take me a while. But, at least I started it. 

My birthday is coming up on November 7th. Coming up really quickly!:la:So, I finally started my list. I always end up making one really late. Some years I don't even get to it until maybe the week before...I'm so bad about making one. Well, I managed to put 2 things on it. I'll still look for more things. I tend to look at Amazon for ideas. This year, I might also look at Pinterest and Asian Food Grocer. It's fun when I actually get to it. This time it should be interesting. I'm also going to make a list of ideas for things to do on my birthday/during that weekend. I don't usually do that, but I feel like I've been doing the same old things every year. It's a birthday! Should have some fun!:iconpolandplz:

Also, another one of my fave holidays, Halloween, is coming up soon. Last year, I wanted to dress up in a Steampunk styled outfit. That didn't actually happen.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:This year, I really want to do it again. Maybe more than I did last time. I plan to make a list soon of ideas for the costume. Also, I'm thinking of reusing the costume for a ball I might go to at the beginning of December. It's cabaret-themed, but some people might be going in Steampunk outfits. Yay! So, lots of fun things are coming up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment