Monday, October 14, 2013

Universal Music Day!

Mood::iconthailandplz:

Yay for music! This was on Saturday, but it feels like everyday should be a music holiday of some sort...:iconhongkongplz:I love world music, too. Listening to music from other countries is fun, widens your taste in music, and sometimes you even get a taste of their culture. I love to play music, too. It's soothing, satisfying, puts me in a good mood, and motivates. 

Friday night, I went to a KFC for the first time in years.:iconchibihungaryplz:Got their 2-piece extra crispy white meat chicken meal. The sides I chose were mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes without gravy. It came with a biscuit. The chicken was amazing! But, the pieces were oddly sized. One being really small, and a huge breast for the other. Dad's was the 2-piece original dark meat chicken meal, and the pieces were considerably smaller. It also was cheaper. I always thought the dark meat was more sought after, and therefore would be more expensive and have bigger pieces...:iconohboyamericaplz:Oh well. The mashed potatoes tasted pretty much the way I remembered them. Kind of fake, but good. The mac and cheese was weird. Tasted like just butter instead of cheese.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:The biscuit was awesome! Had some of the chicken for breakfast the next day, and the rest (including what was left of the sides) for that day's lunch.

Starting with Friday night, I've been eating even less than I did before I was sick. Last time it was half of what I used to do. Now it's maybe a quarter at the most. I just eat very little at a time. I oddly don't feel like I'm starving myself, and feel rather satisfied.:iconheroamericaplz:I almost feel like my 'meals' are the size of my snacks now. So, I essentially have 5 snacks, instead of 3 full meals and 2 snacks. Also, those fiber gummies make me feel really full. Started doing my 65 sit-ups twice a day, this morning. My muscles in that area feel like they're tightening again. Haven't been too good about my walks the last few days. Hopefully, I can really get back into it soon. 

Wanted to watch a new Jdrama, but none of this season's stuff are up yet. Watched Log Horizon. Loving it a lot more than Sword Art Online. Reminds me of actual rpg's online. It's more about the actual game than about one character and his romance. The fights seem better, too. I think it also has a bigger dilemma with them not being able to die. You just respawn back to the cathedral. At least, if you actually died in the real world as well, that would be the end for you. But, some might go crazy, because there seems to not be a clear goal of how to get out of the game, and you can just keep dying. There's no true 'escape'. Some might say that makes it easier, but I think it might be worse. Shiroe is off with his group to help find a girl that's missing. The last place she was seen was an area where players are known to kill other players. 

Watched more of Hitman Reborn, since I didn't see a Jdrama to start yet. Tsuna finally told Kyoko about everything. He was trying to protect her and Haru by not telling them what's going on. Honestly, I think he could protect them better if they knew who or what they were up against...(In fact, Kyoko helped him realize something about his box weapon.) Kyoko kept suspecting things, but kept it to herself. They also found out that Lambo's box animal is a giant bull that fights with lightening. Lambo's just a kid, but he's still a Guardian. Tsuna's animal is so powerful they're not sure what it is yet. It was very agitated, and attacked Tsuna when it was first let out. Should be interesting to see what it really is, and what it can do. 

Played my clarinet. Did some pieces from my advanced classical music solo book. Still need to practice it more, but again I wasn't too bad. Wrote a lot more of my 2nd short story for my nightmare anthology. So far, it's pretty twisted.:iconusaplz:
日本語
Studied 2 kanji today. The first one was: . When pronounced as う.つ (u.tsu): to hit, strike, knock, beat, punch, slap, tap, bang, clap, pound; to strike (noon, etc.), sound (cymbals, etc.), beat (a drum, etc.); to beat (rhythmically, e.g. pulse, waves, etc.); to move, impress, touch; to drive in, hammer in, put in, inject; to type, send, transmit; to insert, write in, mark; to make (noodles, etc.), prepare; to till (soil); to sprinkle, throw, cast; to do, carry out, play, perform, engage in (gambling, etc.); to pay (a deposit, etc.); to visit (on a pilgrimage); to line (a coat). As ぶ.つ (bu.tsu): (usually written in hiragana) to hit (a person), strike, beat. In compounds, it tends to be pronounced as (da). As ダース (daasu): (usually written in katakana) an abbreviation for dozen. It'd be like using 'doz' in English instead of dozen. The second one was: . Pronounced as たい (tai): opposite, opposition; versus, vs, v.; to (i.e. "we won the game 5 to 3."); equal footing, equal terms; against..., anti-, toward..., to... As つい (tsui): pair, couple, set; counter for items that come in pairs; counter for sets (of clothes, small furniture, utensils, etc.). 対応 or たいおう (taiou): interaction, correspondence, coping with, dealing with, support. I'll study more compounds for tomorrow. 

Typed out more of that You Maga article I'm in the process of translating. Still have more to type out for this section before I start translating it. Read an article on Asahi's website about what they're doing about the decline in Japanese eels. The decline is mainly due to them being over harvested for food. But, there's an environmental group that's finding a solution. It was very interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment