Friday, January 18, 2013

Peking Duck Day!

Mood::iconchibicanadaplz:

Peking duck is awesome!:la:Actually, duck in general is really good. I don't have it often, though. Peking duck originated in Beijing, China during the imperial era. It's considered a national dish of China. 

I finally got my calendars Wednesday night! One focuses on spices, and the other is a Jewish calendar done by the same people who did my last Jewish one. It has pics of the Jewish Historical Museum's collection in Amsterdam. I think both these calendars have better pics than my previous ones.

The spice one has garlic for this month. I absolutely love garlic!:iconfrancisplz:Has an interesting up close pic of it. It gives some background on its history and what it used to be used for. Also gives ideas and suggestions for using it in dishes. And, has some wine pairings at the bottom. Much more in depth than my herb calendar. I like that. And it's useful.:iconeestiplz:Even though I knew most of the info for garlic, I might not for some of the other ones. So, we'll see. It even has Purim on it for next month. You hardly ever see that on regular calendars. 

On my Jewish calendar they have a painting called Interior of Jewish Home for Elderly People by Eduard Frankfort. It's from Amsterdam from 1880-1920. There's also a Torah binder that's hand painted and made out of cotton. From the Netherlands, after 1775-1825. (I guess they didn't know specifically where and from what time it came from.:iconusaplz:) Very interesting.

Here's the month-long holidays: Apple and Apricots Month, Artichoke and Asparagus Month, Get Organized Month, National Hot Tea Month, National Soup Month, Oatmeal Month, National Egg Month. Some are important causes, some are to make you appreciate things you may take for granted, and some are just for fun. I love apricots, artichokes, tea, oatmeal and eggs. Soups, asparagus, and apples aren't bad either. Interesting that they're mostly food holidays this time.:iconheroamericaplz:

My meds finally came at the same time as my calendars.:iconlachoirplz:Funny, because I ordered the calendars a few days before my meds. Anyways, I usually have 1 big pill and 2 small, twice a day. (Of the same med. The dosage for it is a bit odd, but it works so I'm not knocking it.:iconhongkongplz:) Tuesday night I had to have 1 big pill and 1 small. Then for Wednesday afternoon, just 1 big pill. I felt like I was drowning under water. Like someone was holding me under.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:I think it would have been a lot worse if I hadn't been exercising. But, as soon as I had my normal dose Wednesday night, I felt incredibly good.:iconchibihungaryplz:When it was about a couple of hours before I went to bed, I felt like I had been hit by a truck and extremely sleepy. Got up pretty late the next day. I think that was in combination with the meds and a certain something else, at the same time. I felt really rested at least. And much better than when I didn't have my full dosage. 

Since I got up a bit late yesterday, I thought it'd be ok to skip breakfast. So, for lunch I had some oatmeal with raisins and chopped up apricots. That's it until dinner time. In fact, I almost forgot about dinner.:iconwtfukplz:That wasn't very smart. I have to eat enough during the day to sustain myself. (And a certain amount for my meds to work well.) It's no wonder I had a harder time with my walk. I don't even know why I didn't have a small snack or something in the afternoon.

When I went for my walk yesterday, the fog was really thick and low. Couldn't see the sunset this time. The air was really cold too. I've managed to keep up the 35 sit-ups twice a day this week. Next week is going to be difficult, with doing 40 of them twice a day. But I'm going to do it!:iconberwaldplz:With the 35, I can really feel something going on. If I eat a better amount of food than yesterday, I might be able to walk a little more than 2 miles today. But, if I feel I can't, I won't. And maybe what I should do soon, instead, is add in riding my bike a little. I don't know. I'll see what happens, I guess. 

Saw the Hana Yori Dango special. It was essentially just a recap of everything that happened during the 2 seasons. But, the characters sat around drinking tea and eating melon, and reminisced about things. Supposedly, this was 4 years later and Makino passed her bar exam, so they were celebrating that. And, Makino and Domyouji weren't married yet. Arashi sang a few of their songs related to the drama. And although the actor who plays Domyouji, Matsumoto Jun (Japanese name order, I might stick to that in the future...) or as some call him MatsuJun, is a member of Arashi, he had to stay in character for it. Made for some awkward, yet hilarious, moments. Still was an enjoyable special for fans. The movie will focus on their wedding. And of course something crazy has to happen. So, I'll watch part of it next week. 

Naruto Shippuden finally got back to the current story line. It was at least a few months of 'fillers'. There were a few consecutive ones that looked like it was a movie. So, not even really related. It felt like they were messing with us. But, now they're finally back to the war. Naruto made his way to the front lines, along with Bee. His fights were awesome! He can turn all the white Zetsu clones into trees. (They were originally made out of plant materials, and the cells of the first hokage.) So, they thought that white Zetsu would be able to copy Naruto's attacks, but that backfired. He apparently can easily take out the 'zombies' of powerful ninjas. He also realized that he has to kill Madara. For once he won't try to offer peace. But, Madara is supposedly immortal. So, this should be an interesting showdown. 

Since I didn't feel well enough to go to the cafe, like I usually do on Wednesdays, I stayed home. I made my own mocha. A little of the hot chocolate that we got that doesn't taste that great on its own, a little of instant coffee, some sweetener, and some creamer. Tasted awesome!:iconchibispainplz:So maybe that's the only thing that hot chocolate is good for? Also, did a lot of my kanji, played my clarinet, wrote, etc. Sometimes it feels good to stay home instead. 

I might finally do my nails today. Haven't done them since Halloween. Might do kind of an electric blue. It's a good confidence booster.

No comments:

Post a Comment