Wednesday, January 9, 2013

National English Toffee Day!

Mood::iconeduardplz:

Even though this was yesterday, English toffee is awesome! Even better when mixed into things. For Passover, I sometimes make an English toffee matzah thing. Really tasty! And, I almost look forward to having it. I think some of the stuff I have on Passover might be better than what I normally eat.:iconseychelles-plz:Kind of funny. Yesterday was also Bubble Bath Day. That sounds like an interesting combo...

It was cold, rainy, and very windy yesterday. Some of the gusts almost blew me away during my walk. I decided to leave the hood to my raincoat down, and to not use an umbrella. Felt amazing, but my hair was absolutely soaked by the time I got home. (At first, I thought it would be a light drizzle.:iconusaplz:

The day before, I went for a walk at around 2:30. Thought it would be an ok time. But, halfway through, I bumped into a bunch of high schoolers. Like about 10 of them. They boxed me in, and walked really slow. So, I couldn't walk around them, and they were going a much slower speed than my 'brisk' walk I try to do. Many people have told me that I look much younger than my age, and like I'm in high school myself. So, I'm wondering if they were just curious. But, I had my music blaring, and barely could hear them. (Didn't really want to, either.:iconnataliaplz:) Oh well. I managed to pick up the pace again, at one point. 

Yesterday I went out much later. It was that time just before the sun goes totally down. So, there's still light, but getting a bit dark. I like walking in the dark, but I know there's a safety risk if I do. So, that was probably the best time for me. And, I didn't bump into anyone. I truly was able to go into my own little world, while I was out there. It was nice. 

Today, I went early, because I wasn't sure when I'd be able to go, if I hadn't gone before going to the cafe. Actually, bumped into a few people. Nice neighbors, who didn't box me in or anything.:iconchibicanadaplz: 

One of the neighbors I saw on my walk I feel closer to, so we talked for a bit. I told her about my new way of eating and exercises. She said that was good, but gave me advice on a diet she tried for inflammation. It was very odd.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:She said you don't even have to cut your calories, and still eat the foods you love, etc. To me my 'plan' makes a lot more sense. Cutting my food portions way down, and exercising a lot more than I normally would. You burn a lot more calories this way. I actually feel pretty full most of the time. So, I know I don't have to eat as much as I used to. And, going to restaurants now, I'm amazed at how huge the portions are.:iconlietplz:I'm noticing them more and more. With the way I'm eating, I'm not depriving myself of anything either. I can eat what I want, only have them in much smaller portions.

I'm also up to 30 sit-ups twice a day for the week. It feels pretty difficult to get to the 30 each time, but I've made it.:iconyayhanatamagoplz:And, I think it is getting slightly easier each time. Next week it'll be 35 sit-ups twice a day. I don't know if I can do that, but I'll try.:iconwtfromanoplz:I'm already noticing some results from the exercises and way of eating. Stomach/abdomen area is tightening up a bit. It's faster than I expected. My jeans are getting a bit looser, and my shirts are a bit baggier. It feels good to see stuff like that so quickly.:iconfrancisplz:So, I'm just going to keep plugging away at it, and see what happens. Kind of exciting! I might add a bit more to my walk soon. Maybe ride my bike, and add some of the Pilates exercises I saw demonstrated on the variety show, Cartoon KAT-TUN. But, I'm trying to slowly/gradually ease into adding more things. So, those won't be added too quickly. If I do add too many things at once I'll be discouraged, push myself too hard, might not even be able to do it all (with the level I'm at now), etc.:icontinoplz:I'm also trying to go to bed earlier. I think I feel better after doing that too.

Went to services Saturday morning. Haven't gone in a while. Thought it'd be nice to go, because they had a new member luncheon after. I like to meet new people. Had to be there early, because the person who drove me was helping with setting up. I helped out, too. And, funny thing is we didn't need to get there so early.:iconsleepygreeceplz:We were done setting up about a half hour before it started. The cantor led the service this time. She seemed to have a lot on her mind, and was a bit off with her songs. They were great, but something was different. Anyways, the portion was called Sh'mot or Names. So, people shared their story behind their names. Whether it be their Hebrew and/or their regular name. I was too nervous to say anything.:iconchibiswedenplz:The portion was about how Moses was named, how he was saved and thrown into the river, etc. It's very interesting, because his name could both be in Egyptian and Hebrew. One meaning 'Son'. And, the Hebrew meaning To Draw Out. Which goes with the drawing out of the water thing. (Also, some use it as he 'drew' us out of Egypt.) So, there's lots of meanings to his name.

I was surprised that a lot of our regular members enthusiastically wanted to speak to me during lunch. Usually they go off into their own groups, and occasionally talk to me for a few minutes, then move on. One stayed with me, even long after I finished eating. Another talked to me more briefly, but not as brief as usual. And, her husband even talked a little with me. One of the new members came up to us while we were talking and asked how we knew each other. I was a little hesitant on how to answer it, because it was sudden. And, while I was thinking, she automatically said we're friends. I didn't know we were necessarily friends, but that was really nice. I guess the more I think about it, we kind of are. 

A lot of them told me I was an inspiration, because of my new way of eating and exercise thing. People keep describing me as that. It's nice, even though I didn't think I made such an impact on people.:iconchibihungaryplz:

Watched more of Cartoon KAT-TUN today. This time it was part 2 of having Horikita Maki as a guest. I knew her from her role as the main character from Hana Kimi. She's a great actress. But, I'm not too fond of her normally or in a variety show setting. Maybe she was too nervous, but she seemed a bit uncomfortable. She wasn't as funny as a lot of their guests end up being, and she does some weird things when she's not on set. Even the band, KAT-TUN, were kind of weirded out by it. She spends most of her time sleeping, deeply thinking about things, and occasionally goes out shopping. She also barely eats. 

They did a cooking competition with leftovers from the staff's refrigerators. Had to come up with something in 10 minutes. Maki did grilled squid chopped into rings, with daikon on it, then some ponzu and mayo on top in a lattice pattern. (Might have had something like cabbage in it, too.) Her second thing was pieces of tofu cut into squares, natto on top of that, and bonito flakes on top of the natto. She was up against Kame, who made fried rice out of sausages, eggs, leftover rice, onions, and green bell peppers. He put it in a cabbage leaf. His second dish was a soup with potatoes, carrots, and onions. He was going to put cabbage in it, but forgot. He made everything extremely spicy, which the guys loved. But, she really had a hard time with. There was apparently too much salt too. They loved her food. I don't know. I think I'd be too afraid to try what she mixed together.:iconchibichinaplz:At the end they did a game to celebrate Koki's birthday.

Today, at the cafe, I had a butter rum flavored hot chocolate. It was amazing!:iconchibispainplz:Got the smallest size, instead of 2nd to the smallest like usual. Ended up being plenty for me. Reviewed a lot of my kanji. Wrote them so many times, they started to blur together. Also, transposed 2 Irish tunes. One of the mahj members had her birthday today. But, she didn't tell anyone beforehand. So, we were surprised. Her cousin came in late, but apparently remembered her birthday and gave her a box of assorted chocolates. I'm not sure if she really wanted them, because she went to everyone in the cafe asking if they'd like a piece. Maybe she didn't want to be tempted by it. I took a caramel nut cluster one. I'm not passing up an opportunity to have one.:iconberwaldplz:She asked me if I'd like more, but one was plenty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment