Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fantastic Baby

Mood::iconsleepygreeceplz:

By Big Bang. I'm not usually a Kpop fan, I like Jpop more. But, I decided to look at some more Korean bands anyways, just to get a better 'feel' for them. There's one band that I've liked for a while called W&Whale, but I thought that they can't be the only Korean group that I like. What also got me thinking about them is seeing how popular Psy's song Gangnam Style is. I don't really like that song, even though, I admit, it's catchy. Anyways, this one's a fun energetic dance song. Big Bang's a 5-member South Korean band. They debuted in 2006. By the end of 2009, they had became the most searched artist in South Korea. They're also popular in Japan, and some of their songs have Japanese versions. Like this one. But, I like the way the original sounds. It has a cool, weird, and interesting music video. I'll have to look at more of their songs at some point.:iconberwaldplz:

It's gotten pretty chilly the last couple of days. And, tomorrow's supposed to be even colder. I guess we're suddenly having our autumn.:iconchibiaustriaplz:For some reason, I love this time of year's weather. Cool, crisp, rainy (usually), etc. The colors of the trees are finally turning too. It's gorgeous. The fires that are happening state wide, make for some impressive sunsets as well. We're having a bit of a drought, which is one of the reasons why there are so many fires in the state. But, soon there's going to be rain in the forecast. Yay! We're usually a region known for our rain...:iconnataliaplz:

Went to the cafe again yesterday. They had a new employee, yet again. This one seemed very nice. But, after a while of studying, and the mahj group playing, we noticed a distinct smell of cigarette smoke. We thought it was outside or something, and someone not connected to the cafe. It apparently came from the new employee. I can't remember if she said she was smoking inside the shop, or right next to the door outside. It still disturbed me, and a few other customers.:icongermanyplz:She repeatedly apologized. I have almost an allergic reaction when I'm anywhere near someone who's smoking. I can't breathe, and start coughing like crazy. So, I try to steer clear of that. 

I decided to get a caramel and marshmallow Italian soda this time. Couldn't taste the marshmallow part.:icontinoplz:But, it was good. I practiced writing out kanji, read some of You Maga and Soy Source, drew something in colored pencil (wanted to try something new), went over a couple of Japanese lessons, came up with sentences to practice both what I learned from the lessons and compound words, and did some crosswords all while I was there. 

Also, played my clarinet last night. Did some klezmer tunes. Wasn't too bad. For some reason, I couldn't breathe as well as I usually do. Maybe that just means I need to practice even more.:iconeestiplz:

Wrote a lot both today and yesterday. Might be almost done with the writing part of chapter 18. Then, it's the editing. I figured out that I might only need 2 more chapters. That's not bad. Shows you how close I am to finishing the novel. I, of course, will have to edit the whole thing at least one more time after those chapters.:iconswissplz:Still, doesn't sound like it'll take me very long. We'll see.  

I'm also trying to come up with a birthday/hanukkah list on Amazon. Every year I have such a hard time thinking about what I really want, that's not necessarily a 'need'. I just don't have that mindset that often.:iconseychelles-plz:Usually, when I see something I really like I just say 'oh, isn't that nice.' or 'I like that!', move on, and then forget about it. My birthday's coming up on Nov. 7th, so I really have to buckle down on this soon! (It's coming up so fast!:faint:)

Watched the beginning of season 2 of Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers). It was over an hour and a half. Kind of crazy for the first episode of the second season. Makino tried to go to New York City to see why Domyouji was ignoring her for so long. He ended up treating her, and his friends (the rest of F4) like a jerk. Even punched one of his friends. The beginning when Makino arrives in New York City, is really hokey. The 'American' actors were a bit phony. But, the rest of it was good. Domyouji is forced to go back to Japan, because his mother wants his birthday party to be at home. She also springs a new fiancee on him. The new one didn't even know about it. She just wanted to hurt Makino even more. It'll be interesting how all this plays out. 

In Naruto Shippuden, they finally were able to convince the Raikage to let Naruto and Bee pass and help out in the war. Tobi put the tailed-beasts that he's collected into the bodies Pain used for the 6 Paths of Pain. It'll be interesting to see how they'd be used that way. I knew he was going to do something with the beasts. 

In Ao no Exorcist, Rin learns the truth about Mephisto and Amaimon. Learns a little about his most vulnerable areas that every demon has. Their tail and their 'heart'. The heart's usually some place outside of the body, but hidden. Like, Rin's is locked in his sword. Kind of crazy. 

Went over some kanji and compounds, the last couple of days too. Tomorrow, I'll start on the next grade level-type kanji. Wahoo!:dummy:Typed up a bit more of that writing meme, too. I don't think my characters are liking it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment