Sunday, October 21, 2012

Caramel Apple Day!

Mood::iconfrancisplz:

Caramel apples are awesome!:iconheroamericaplz:They're also very messy...But, it's worth it! I kind of like the plain original ones with just the caramel around the apple, the most. There are other types too. Some people roll it in nuts, and some drizzle chocolate syrup over the caramel. 

I didn't feel well enough to go to services yesterday morning.:iconnataliaplz:And, oddly didn't read the Torah portion or parsha. I've been trying to read them every week. I think I've read this last one so many other times, so it's not like I'm really breaking the 'cycle'. This time it was on Noah, and the one before was the very first parsha of the year. (The very beginning of the Torah.) I'll definitely get back to reading the next one!:iconchibinitalyplz:

We recently got a green tea sampler. I love it so far!:iconchibihungaryplz:I've had the Moroccan Mint, Chai Green, Fusion Green and White, Ginger Peach, and Pomegranate Raspberry. The only one I didn't really care for is the Pomegranate Raspberry. It smells, and kind of, has a fishy taste. At least, to me it does.:iconhongkongplz:I really liked the mint and chai ones so far. Very interesting stuff. We also got a pretty good lemon tea, that I've been off and on with. Since I took out sodas, and most sugary drinks about a year ago, there hasn't been very many options for me other than tea. I've become much more healthy because I took those out of my diet, though. There's so many different teas out there! And, I've always loved tea. Plus, it has a lot of health benefits.:iconthailandplz:

Just went out to the store for, what was to just be, chocolate. Realized we needed things like more fruit, and while we were in the produce section, someone we knew saw us and decided to talk. 

She's the type of person where you don't want to be rude, but you know right away she'll want to talk for a long time if you give her the chance.:iconseychelles-plz:Very nice lady, but she kept talking to us for so long I almost forgot the other stuff we needed. But, she also wanted to ask if I was going to the Hadassah meeting on Tuesday. I felt like I was being talked down to last time, so I was very reluctant about it.:iconswissplz:But, she really wants me to go with her. At least, I'll know one person who'll treat me like another regular person. So, I agreed to go with her. We might have another person drive us, but if she can't, this lady will. She just hates driving at night.

This time, the meeting will start with a dessert potluck. I wasn't sure about what to bring.:icontinoplz:So, we looked around the baked goods area, and I decided to get some pumpkin/walnut/chocolate cookies. They're more like huge cakey muffin tops. Really good, and I hope it'll be a hit.:iconchibiamericaplz:One 'cookie' is very filling. So, I'm hoping there will be a few left over for us. There's about 20 of those babies! Doubt there will be that many people. For our dessert tonight, we decided on apple strudel. The market makes a really good one. 

We both really wanted a fire in the wood stove, so we got some more kindling and some wood burning bricks that were on sale at the market. When we got it home, I tried to get it going. Almost got it, but it went out twice before really getting to the logs.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Dad helped a bit after that, and it's finally going! Feels good. Our house gets cold inside this time of year, so it's good when we have a fire. You can feel the heat all the way upstairs. It's amazing!:la:

I was hoping to get it going myself, because Dad has something weird going on with one of her eyes. She called the nurse hotline and they agree with her that it might be a detached or torn retina. They told her to relax, lay down, not to make sudden movements, and to stay off the computer until Monday. She has an appointment with an ophthalmologist then. Of course, if things get worse before that, she has to go to urgent care. If they're not open, then it's the emergency room. Oh joy.:iconlietplz:Anyways, I didn't want something to happen to her, but she ended up helping me. She has a hard time staying away from the computer, too. I would, as well. 

Watched the movie, Liar Game: The Final Stage, yesterday. It was pretty cool. Although, for some reason I felt it wasn't as intricate with the twists as the 2nd season was. I could guess what was going on, long before the characters caught on. Next week, I'll watch the next movie, Liar Game: Reborn. Yes, they beat the final stage, but apparently there's more.:iconkikuplz: 

Watched Sword Art Online yesterday, too. Kirito actually beats the game, by killing off the game's creator. But, the game creator had attacked him first, and ended up killing him at the same time. Kirito woke up in the real world. The creator said the players that died would lose their minds, and become a vegetable. Essentially, killing them in the real world. Yet, he's not a 'vegetable'. He's plenty aware, and pretty much back to normal. Just has to work on gaining his muscles back. He found out where Asuna was being kept, and has been visiting her every week since he woke up. She's still in a coma. Apparently, her game's headgear still looks like its on. A disturbing pervy man plans to marry her while she's still in a coma at the hospital soon. Kirito's going to try to stop it. (They were married in the game, and were living in a nice looking cabin in the woods.) I don't see how there's a possibility of the game still playing when the world literally crumbled to nothing. But, there is, apparently. Judging from the new opening and ending sequences. I guess I'll have to see what happens. 

Rearranged and got rid of a lot of songs. Some were really bugging me. Sad, because I used to love them.:iconchibiaustriaplz:Started playing Heralds of Chaos on Gaia yesterday. Interesting war strategy game. I'm into that kind of stuff, so I kind of got sucked in. Also, saw an interesting profile on one of the dating sites. He had shown some 'interest' in me. Which they phrase as him wanting to meet me. He loves his cat, doesn't drink, has similar interests, etc. I'm a little nervous about responding, but I probably should.:iconchibicanadaplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment