Thursday, August 30, 2012

Come Together

Mood::iconchibigreeceplz:

By the Beatles. This song has been stuck in my head for a while.:icongermanyplz:I love it, but it doesn't make much sense. Maybe that's it's charm? Although, I've read some verses pertain to each band member, and Lennon was inspired by Timothy Leary's campaign for governor of California titled "Come together, join the party" against Reagan. Still, no one knows exactly what the meaning is. Maybe it's just up to the listener?:icontinoplz:

I've noticed it's been slightly over a month since I got my temporary paper version of my driver's permit. They said to wait at least a month for your 'official' plastic card version. So, I tried to call our local Department of Licensing place. Everytime I did, it was busy.:iconwtfukplz:The operator said if I wanted to know when the line was free, I'd have to pay a fee to have them call me back. Lame. So, I tried emailing customer service about it. They said it was mailed to my address and no one's returned it. Oh joy!:iconkikuplz:They said in order to straighten it out, I have to talk to my local DOL in person. I'll be going there tomorrow. Hopefully, they'll do something.

In Hana Yori Dango, Domyoji and Makino became much closer. He didn't actually tell her he loved her, but he showed her through his actions. She was very confused for a while. He asked her out, and she came hours later after the set time. He was waiting in the freezing rain for her. She wanted to make it up to him, by taking him to a cheap tea place. They got stuck in the elevator on the way. Ended up having to sleep together that night. Then, Makino's so called friend set her up. She was invited to go clubbing with the girls from school, and later was drugged by a man and passed out. She woke up naked in someone's bed. She didn't worry much about if she was raped or not. I'm sorry, but that part didn't seem very 'real'. Her 'friend' had taken pics of Makino in bed with that man, and showed it to everyone at school, which included Domyoji. He was hurt to say the least. Kind of sad. But, I know they'll clear it up. 

In Naruto Shippuden, Naruto had a talk with the kyuubi (9-tailed fox). Saying some day he hopes to erase the kyuubi's hatred as well as everyone else's. I think they came to a better understanding of each other. I feel kind of bad for the kyuubi...
In Hitman Reborn, they introduced Bianchi. (She's on the left in the pic.) She's a freelance hitman who specializes in poison cooking, nicknamed Poison Scorpion. And, she's Gokudera's sister. (He's on the right.) As soon as he sees her, he gets sick to his stomach. She tries to kill Tsuna, because she thinks if Tsuna dies, she can go off somewhere with Reborn. They're lovers. I like how quirky the characters have been so far. And, I'm already noticing that there are some differences between the anime and manga. Which is a good thing. 

Played my clarinet. (Yay! Seems like I might get back into some sort of routine with it!:dummy:) Did some jazz tunes, and some tunes from my advanced solos book. Again, fumbled a few times, but wasn't bad. I'll get back to where I was soon, though. 

I'm pretty much done with chapter 17 of Alliance. Might have a couple more chapters left, and then I could be done with the novel as a whole. Still not quite up to what they say for the minimum word count for a fantasy/sci-fi novel. That's good, because there's still so much more to the story to write, and I was thinking of making it a series of novels. Hoping to end it on a huge cliffhanger too.:iconenglandispervyplz:Might post chapter 17 to dA tomorrow. Not sure if I'm entirely confident about it yet, hence the 'might'.:iconhongkongplz:  
日本語
Today's kanji was . Or: おや、おやー、した.しい、した.しむ、しん (Oya, oya-, shita.shii, shita.shimu, shin). It means: parent(s), dealer (cards), familiarity, intimacy, closeness, friendliness, founder, to befriend, close relative. Also, went over some compounds with the kanji in them. (By itself, it means: pull,  tug, admit, refer to, install.) Here's some: 引見 (いんけん or inken): audience, interview. 引責 (いんせき or inseki): taking responsibility. 引退 (いんたい or intai): retire. 引用 (いんよう or inyou): quotation, citation, reference. I'll do more compounds with this kanji tomorrow. 

Searched for more recipes in Japanese, since I translated the previous one a while ago. Nothing interesting so far.:iconpolandplz:Might find something next week, though. Went over another Japanese lesson, as well. 

Worked on the drawing meme. After this section of the meme, I'm going to fill out a text-based one. It'll give me a break. And, yet I'll still be thinking about my characters. The drawing meme I'm working on at the moment is very long. But, I thought it was a good challenge for me. Good to step away from it for a bit. I can fill out text-based ones much quicker, anyways. 

Typed up more of my index for my very long recipe list. Yes, just listing the things I want to make, it needs something like an index.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Can't find anything otherwise. It's become like a book. Hence, why I stopped searching for regular (not in Japanese) recipes for the time being. Going through the list, I got more of an urge to cook. So, I think my shoulder might actually be getting better, and that I might try to start cooking again.:la:Simple stuff, though. Don't want to hurt it again. Nice to ease into it, too. Shoulder still has some waves of pain at times, but those times seem to be less often. So, we'll see.:iconchibicanadaplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment