Monday, August 27, 2012

Banana Lover's Day

Mood::iconchibicanadaplz:

Banana's are awesome!:dummy:I always have one with breakfast or lunch. There's many ways to eat them too. Banana pie, banana flavored drinks, bananas in coconut milk, etc. are all great. 

I finally got my bike to a shop that'll fix it up. I haven't biked in about 10 years. But, for some reason, the last year or so I've had dreams about it. They've only gotten stronger. Kind of freaky.:iconchibichinaplz:But, I used to love riding my bike. It feels like you're not really working out, until you're off of it. It's amazing to feel the breeze, and going over dips with it. I love my bike, but it was in the garage the whole time. So, things were eating the handle bars and seat. The tires were slashed as well. If I still want to ride it, it has to have some work done. It'll be ready at the end of the 1st week of September. Can't wait!:la:

On Saturday, my dad and I went to the county fair. It was a lot of fun!:iconfrancisplz:Hadn't been there for about 10 years. We shared a huge sized curly fries and peach lemonade. I was amazed at how big they were. Later, I got some cotton candy. Haven't had that in over 10 years. It was awesome!:iconus-xdplz:Couldn't eat a lot of it, but that just means I can savor the awesome for a little longer. ;) Dad got a funnel cake with blueberry sauce, powdered sugar, and whipped cream on top. Had a couple of bites of that. It was really good too! 

We mostly went around and saw the animals. Saw the horses, cats, dogs, poultry, cows, rabbits, and more. That was nice. I've always had a soft spot for animals. (Even wanted to major in animal science...Didn't work out though.:iconkikuplz:) Took a lot of pics of them, too. Then we looked a little at the vendors and rides. None of the rides really appealed to me, and the stuff I was interested in at the booths were really expensive. Oh well. Nice to see anyways. Managed to get a little sunburn while I was there. I never tan. I burn instead.:iconromanoplz:

Yesterday, we went to a nail salon. Dad had a pedicure and French manicure. She wanted to look nice for when she goes back to work soon. Plus it was a good deal. It took 2 hours!:iconwtfromanoplz:I almost fell asleep by then. She's never had a French manicure. (I haven't either.) So, it was interesting. 

We were hoping to get some Noah's Bagels after that. But, the place the GPS took us to was called Einstein Bagels. So, we got those instead. They looked pretty good. Then, we started to get hungry, and decided to go to Applebee's. The waiter was a bit odd. But, nice. I had the orange chicken. It was pretty good, but a little bit spicier than I expected. Nice that it had a bunch of vegetables and some nuts, too. There was so much, I had to take about half of it home. Got a chocolate mousse shooter for dessert. I love those, because they're small. Just enough to hit the spot, and not feel heavy.:iconseychelles-plz:It has oreos, chocolate mousse, chocolate chips, and whipped cream.
Not sure if I mentioned it, but started Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers) a couple of weeks ago. I've watched the anime version. Wasn't too fond of the design style, but really liked the story. I hated the first episode of the drama when I tried it a few months ago. But after trying it again, so far, from the 2nd episode on it's been great. Has a ton of actors that I like. That's a plus, at least. This started out as a shoujo manga. (I tend to not like that style anyways. There's very few mangas/animes in this style that I like.) Makino Tsukuchi is the only poor student at Eitoku Gakuen, the school for the ridiculously rich and privileged that is ruled by the Flower 4 or F4, a group of guys who come from extremely powerful families. The leader's Tsukasa, Rui's an introvert, Sojiro's a player, and Akira's a 'madam killer' with ties to the underground. If you get on their bad side, you're brutally bullied. Makino gets on their 'bad side', and is bullied by everyone. She refuses to stop going to school, and they call her a tough weed. She declares war on the F4. Her number 1 enemy of the group, Tsukasa, ends up getting romantic feelings for her. Her crush, Rui, seems to feel something too, but left to be with someone in France. 

Just started reading The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien. I like Shakespeare, but I knew most of what was in the collection. The ones I hadn't read before were slightly dry. So why not change to another book? I've read the Hobbit a long time ago, and thought it might be good. I'll see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment