Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cousins Day!

Mood::iconchibiamericaplz:

Yay for cousins! I've always lived so far away from mine. But, things like facebook help us connect. Wish I could physically visit them more often. Maybe in the future...:iconchibiaustriaplz:

Tried to find the next translated episode of Cartoon KAT-TUN. (Hard to find them after DramaCrazy shut down.) Ended up skipping about 10 of them. And it was only a snippet of an episode. Maybe I'll be able to find a full episode next time. They did a parody of Gokusen, and introduced a celeb named Becky. She's half British and half Japanese. Very interesting. I think I've seen her in several current Japanese ads. (Thanks to a youtube channel I'm subscribed to that shows current ads every couple of weeks.:iconchibinitalyplz:)

Tried to watch the new anime called Free!, but thought it was kind of boring after about 7 minutes.:iconwtfromanoplz:Plus, the voices didn't quite fit. Using female voices, instead of male ones for teenage boys. I know that some anime use female voices for really young male characters. When done right, that's ok to me. But, when it's used for teens, it feels weird.:iconhongkongplz:There were a lot of weird comments about it though. It's a swimming anime, where the guys are into swimming. A lot of male viewers were complaining about how 'gay' it was. I don't think it was 'gay' at all. There were some guys who said they liked it, and that they loved that it was a sport themed anime, or were swimmers themselves. I think some guys just get jealous or something. If it was a bit more exciting and they had picked better voices, I would have been very interested in it.:iconpolandplz:

Instead, I started watching Nodame Cantabile. I had watched the Jdrama a couple of years ago. Oddly, I'm noticing how close the drama was to the anime. I love the story, and to see it in a different 'light' is interesting. The animation isn't the best, at least for the first episode, but the rest of it looks good. I'll see if I'll keep it next time. The drama might have followed too closely, and it might be like watching everything over again. We'll see.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:

Played my clarinet. Did the rest of the tunes from my advanced solo book, some Duke Ellington tunes, some Gershwin tunes, and part of a classical tune from another advanced solo book. (This time the solo book is all classical, and the one before had mixed genres.) Was pretty good. Got a little flustered with some of the more difficult pieces. But, I think that was normal.:iconheroamericaplz:
日本語
Today, I studied more of the kanji, , compounds. 身分 or みぶん (mibun): social position, social status. 身の上 or みのうえ (minoue): (one's) future, (one's) welfare, (one's) personal history, circumstance. 身勝手 or みがって (migatte): selfishness, egoism. 身の回り or みのまわり (minomawari): (one's) personal belongings, (one's) vicinity, everyday necessities. 全身 or ぜんしん (zenshin): whole (body), full-length (e.g. portrait), entire body; systemic. Next time I'll do more compounds for it. 

Youtube:
A hilarious Gintama amv mostly centered on Sougo:
2 hilarious moments from Azumanga Daioh:

No comments:

Post a Comment