Thursday, November 1, 2012

6 More Days!

Mood::iconberwaldplz:

Only 6 more days until my birthday!:dummy:Craziness! Hope everyone had a happy Halloween. It's also National Authors' Day, World Vegan Day, and National Vinegar Day. Also, hope my friends and family on the east coast are safe and sound.:iconamericasadchibiplz:
This is my wallpaper for the month. It's Happy from Fairy Tail with a fish. Thought it was simple and cute. I was hoping to find a good birthday-themed wallpaper, but didn't find any this year. Oh well.:iconchibiaustriaplz: 

My herb calendar has chives, green onions, garlic chives, and chive flowers. All related (all from the allium family where onions and garlic come from), and interesting. Last time it was all poppy seed related stuff. To me, this is much better.:iconheroamericaplz:

My Jewish calendar has a table linen made out of linen, silk, and cotton from Southern Germany around 1900. It has a pretty floral design. There's also a tallit (4-cornered fringe garment, or prayer shawl) bag made out of silk, metallic thread, velvet, and brass. It's from the Netherlands in 1850. Finally, there's a tefillin bag made out of silk and cotton. It's also from the Netherlands in 1892. (Tefillin are also called phylacteries, they have 2 small black boxes with straps and contain verses from the Torah. You wear it on your forehead and on an arm. Mostly traditional/orthodox Jewish men wear them, although recently it seems some women, not many, are getting into it too.) 

These are the month-long holidays: Aviation History Month, Historic Bridge Awareness Month, International Drum (Percussion) Month, National Adoption Month, National Georgia Pecan Month, National Native American Heritage Month, National Novel Writing Month, National Peanut Butter Lovers Month, National Plum and Pomegranate Month, National Roasting Month, Spinach and Squash Month, Vegan Month. Some are important causes, some are to make you appreciate things you may take for granted, and some are just for fun. Interesting mix of holidays. I love pecans, peanut butter, plums, pomegranates, and spinach. Roasting is really good too.:iconfrancisplz:

Since we didn't have time to get a costume, I rummaged through things to make my own. I was kind of a devil or demon.:iconseychelles-plz:Had devil horns, a tail, a red v-neck sweatshirt, and black slacks. Also, 2 rings, one on each hand. Was going for an almost yin and yang thing. (One having a white mother of pearl color in the middle, and the other with black.) Had one of my long black beaded necklaces, and my long clear red earrings. Put some makeup on as well. Normal with the foundation, normal for the blush, some dark red nail polish, heavy mascara, heavy on the eye shadow (used 3 different kinds, since I didn't have the exact color I wanted. Wanted it to be 'theatrical' too.), heavy on the lipstick (also 3 different colors, tried to get close to what I wanted.), and used some of the lipstick to make it look like blood was seeping through my lips. Like I just ate somebody, or something. Thought it came out pretty good. But, sadly most of the pics we took of it didn't really turn out.:iconswissplz:

Went to the market while I was still dressed up. Got a few looks, and 1 or 2 employees shakily saying hi. But, the people who got the most looks were the ones not in costume. Kind of funny.:iconenglandispervyplz:

We ran out of candy pretty quickly, even though the weather wasn't the greatest. Saved some for ourselves, though. We got some 3 Musketeers and Milky Way bars for it. It was a hit. But, I usually like to get the mixes, because that way there's a variety and it's like a surprise on what you'll get. Those candy bars seem awfully similar too.:iconhongkongplz:

At the cafe yesterday, one of their specials was a gingerbread latte. So, I tried it. It was pretty good. Not quite enough sweetness, but I can always add splenda to it. It also had a fancy leaf design on the top. Kind of made it even more 'special'.:iconchibihungaryplz:

Went crazy with studying my Japanese while I was there.:iconkikuplz:Practiced writing out all the kanji I've worked on in the last several months, then went back and went over every one to go over different pronunciations of them and their compounds, went over a Japanese lesson, read some of Soy Source, and continued a bit on the drawing I started last week. We had to leave early so the person who drove me could be there to hand out candy to the kids who go through early. (Usually they're the toddlers/very little kids.) 

Dropped Shin Sekai Yori, or From the New World. It was too dark, and somewhat slow. So, I decided to go back to Hitman Reborn for this time slot. I have to say, this new season of anime is not the best.:icongermanyplz:
Started Monsters on Monday. Just from that first episode, I can tell it's a new fave. The first episode was a 2 hour long special, so it felt more like a movie. The 2 main actors are awesome in this! I also love them in other dramas, so it was interesting to see them together. The characters themselves are very well done. Heihachi Hiratsuka (on the left in the pic) is loud and impolite, but most of the time has a very creepy smile. (When he's not smiling, it seems even more creepy, almost like he's tuned you out and got really serious about something.) Unlike Heihachi, Kosuke Saionji (on the right) has a keen sense of justice, naive, and honest almost to a fault. He gave hints in the first episode that he comes from a very wealthy family. Kosuke is designated to the investigation team that he's always admired. Unfortunately, his job is to watch over Heihachi to make sure he doesn't do anything rash. Heihachi was the sole member of his team, but he's always successful at solving his cases. So, the other detectives are also curious about his methods. The humor is great too. Perfectly timed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment