Thursday, November 15, 2012

National Pickle Day!

Mood::iconchibicanadaplz:

I love pickles!:dummy:This was actually yesterday, but why not celebrate it again? There's so many different kinds. I really like dill pickles. But, there's also sweet gherkins, relish, pickled bean sprouts, sauerkraut, etc. Today's the Great American Smokeout, and Guinness World Records Day.

My birthday was on the 7th.:party:It was nice and laid back. I got some cake pops from a friend. Never had them before. They were pretty good. There were 3 flavors: birthday cake, coffee and chocolate, and chocolate and cherry. (From what I could make out.) The cake part was still so nice and moist. Kind of nifty.:iconheroamericaplz:

Then, at the cafe (the one I usually go to on Wednesdays), they let me get my drink for free. I got a praline hot chocolate. The barista added a ton of whipped cream and some chocolate syrup on top. It was awesome!:iconitalyplz:

Grandparents called and sang Happy Birthday. That was really nice. Kind of felt guilty because I forgot to call Grandma for her birthday on the 31st. But, she said not to worry about it, and she almost forgot mine anyways.:iconwtfromanoplz: 

Had one of my fave things for dinner. Dad made the orange chicken, and some rice. Really tasty!:iconfrancisplz:Had sweet red pepper bruschetta as an appetizer. 

On that Friday, I got one of my presents from Dad. It's a book called the Colored Pencil Painting Bible. It's very interesting. The colored pencil art of mostly still-lifes are amazing!:iconchibihungaryplz:So realistic! It guides you on how to make them. I'll definitely be using it soon! 

Saturday night we went to the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday dinner. Waited for about 45-50 minutes for a table.:iconwtfukplz:The only thing I don't like about the place. Got an amazing hot chocolate. Then, for dinner the 4-cheese pasta. It had a giant mound of ricotta on top. I thought it was sour cream at first. I despise sour cream, so it threw me off for a second. It was so thick with cheese, it was hard to mix. But, it was amazing!:iconchibispainplz:They always have such huge portions! I can never finish what I get there! Ate about half the pasta. That just meant I had more awesomeness later. 

Had a couple of bites of their oreo cheesecake for dessert. They sang Happy Birthday, put sprinkles on the cake, lit a candle that was in a mountain of whipped cream on the side, and wrote Happy Birthday To You in chocolate syrup along the edge of the plate. Had to take most of the cake home. Really over the top stuff, but what do you expect for a b-day thing?:iconthailandplz:It was great!

On the 8th, it marked Rosie's 2nd anniversary with us. Didn't do much to 'celebrate', but it feels like its been longer...She can be a crazy cat. That same day, there was an LGBTQ family dinner. I figured out the buses and the ferry for my way over to Seattle. The mountains were beautiful. But, it was cold and windy on my way to the bus stop. Met up with Dad on the other side, and went to it. The dinner part wasn't very exciting. But, they had information booths, and it was nice to meet a couple of Dad's coworkers. I got some info on Colage. Which is an organization for children of LGBTQ parents. There was a special group through them called Kids of Trans. Very interesting. Signed up for their newsletter already. Nice to hear about other people going through a similar experience.:iconhappychinaplz:

I also got 2 more presents a couple of days ago. One being an assortment of Copic skin color markers. My characters from my story have different skin tones, so this will help a lot. Also, got a new cookbook on rice bowl recipes. There's various Asian ones, but there's also some European and American-inspired ones. They look very tasty, too. 

Tried to see a new therapist on Monday. Apparently, the one they assigned to me is transferring in a month. So, I decided I wouldn't bother with her. (What's the point if it's only for a month?:iconhongkongplz:) She helped figure out what therapist might have openings for that day. But, I found out later that I've met the one they told me to try. So, I canceled it before I saw her. Managed to see my psychiatrist though. That was really good to at least touch base with her. Made another appointment to see the last person, essentially, that I could see there. Only one, besides the men, I haven't seen. (For some reason, I've found that guys don't help me as much as the women do.:iconswissplz:) She sounded like she might be nice. So, we'll see.

I've been having a dark/down feeling the last few weeks.:iconlietplz:I was wondering what was going on for a while. Then, I remembered, if my meds are older than 2 months they lose their effectiveness on me. The ones I'm using at the moment are just over 3 months old. It ended up that way, because my new psychiatrist ordered them without telling me last time. So, I still had about a month left of the meds before that. Anyways, I told her this last time and in the future, to not order them automatically for me. And she, luckily, didn't. But, since I'm in this situation, I decided yesterday that I'll order my next batch of meds and get rid of the ineffective ones. Kind of seems like a waste of money. They're pretty cheap, even without insurance, but I still feel weird tossing so many of them.:iconkikuplz:

Hana Yori Dango's getting intense! I kind of think Rui is better for Tsukushi, than Tsukasa. Tsukasa ignored her for a whole year, and then treated her like crap when she tried to confront him in New York. Rui watched all of that happen to her, and has always helped her out. He finally confessed that he's in love with her, but Tsukasa said that he fell in love with her all over again too. Rui doesn't have huge violent temper tantrums like Tsukasa does. And, seems to always look at the positive side of things. But, I have a feeling she'll end up with Tsukasa. (I think, if I remember correctly, in the anime she ends up with Tsukasa too.) I guess I'll see what happens. Maybe it'll be different.

Fairy Tail was interesting. They entered the labyrinth, and managed to pass it. Something like a hundred guilds tried to pass that round. But, only 8 could. Fairy Tail ended up barely making it to 8th place. Wendy and Carla were found unconscious in the palace garden. 

In Hitman Reborn, Tsuna met an assassin who specializes in 'playing dead'. Played my clarinet. Did some klezmer tunes and Mozart pieces. wrote a bit more of chapter 19. Went over a lesson from my Japanese book. Almost done with the lessons. When I am, I'll review all the lessons. Also, went over a kanji, and some compounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment