Monday, July 2, 2012

Summertime

Mood::iconheroamericaplz:


By DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince. To me, an oldie but a goody.:iconhappychinaplz:I'm still going on kind of a musical odyssey. Going through songs that were big from the year I was born up until now. I'm up to the early 90s. The 80s had some really strange music. But, found a couple of good ones. For the 90s on the other hand, (I don't know if it's because I grew up on these songs or what) I have a lot of faves.:iconseychelles-plz:Anyways, this song just feels so nostalgic for me. This is their most popular song, and is still being played on the radio around the world. It came out in 1991. In 1998, the song was remixed and '98' was added to the title. It doesn't really feel summery today, sadly. The song sort of makes it feel like it is though.:iconspainplz:

This is my wallpaper for the month. It's Natsu from Fairy Tail. Thought it looked 'summery'. (Plus, his name means summer.) Trying to make it actually feel like summer.:iconberwaldplz:


My Jewish calendar has an old ketubah or marriage contract from Amsterdam in 1835. Also, has a cool wedding ring made out of gold. It just says it's from central Europe and from around 1800-1900. Pretty large gap! I think I'd want something unique like that for mine.:iconchibihungaryplz:It's got what looks to be a castle on top. The last thing they show is a Torah shield made out of silver from The Hague, Netherlands. From 1931. Kind of an interesting collection.


My herb calendar has a pitcher of milk, 4 glasses of herbal milk-yogurt; and a bowl of quark, dill, nasturtium, and chives. One of the more interesting pics from it.


Here's the month-long holidays: Cell Phone Courtesy Month, Family Reunion Month, Mango and Melon Month, National Blueberries Month, National Grilling Month, National Ice Cream Month, National Horseradish Month, National Hot Dog Month, Nectarine and Garlic Month, Social Wellness Month, Women's Motorcycle Month, National Culinary Arts Month. Some are important causes, some are to make you appreciate things you may take for granted, and some are just for fun.


I haven't posted for a while, yet again.:iconwtfromanoplz:I hope to stay more on top of it in the future! I've had kind of a roller coaster ride of emotions this past week, yet again. Felt a bit better after trying to appeal my health insurance's decision. Still haven't heard back. Also, felt better after playing my clarinet more often. But, I'm feeling a lot of pressure with other stuff. And, I think it may take me a while to do them. 


I think I should take the advice some people have told me, and take it easy. Don't make things hard on myself. If I rush it, I'll just get frustrated, emotionally burned out, and won't get much done.:iconromanoplz:Probably wouldn't take care of myself as much in the process. So, one day at a time. Also, give myself some time for fun. If I don't, I really won't be able to focus on things.:iconchibinitalyplz: 


Went to the cafe I usually go to on Wednesdays today, for a Mexican mocha. It was pretty good. A little too heavy on the cinnamon though. Then, for dinner we went to Himalayan Chutney. Had their 'Chicken Butter'. Basically, a butter based curry. Very good, but the sauce was much more heavy and rich, than their chicken tikka masala one. So, couldn't eat as much. Also, got their mango lassi. Pretty tasty stuff.:iconchibispainplz:Good enough for a dessert, I think.


While we were talking at the restaurant, I decided that I'd do something similar to what my dad is doing this summer.:iconthailandplz:She's visiting India virtually, using a guidebook, Google Earth, youtube, listening to music from there, has already cooked something from one of those areas she 'visited', and other things. Really cool idea. I might do something like that to virtually visit Japan. It sounds like it'd be fun and interesting. Giving me more of a view on what it's like there. I get somewhat of a view from dramas, news, etc. already. But, it's not really 'visiting' it.:iconchibiswedenplz:After 'visiting' Japan, I might go to other Asian countries like China and South Korea. I love learning about cultures, so it should be fun.


Tomorrow night is when our town does their Independence Day stuff. That cafe that I went to today, will be open later (until around 11), so it might be a good spot to view the fireworks. We're thinking of going then, not sure how early we should be there to get a good spot, though. 


We went to the aquarium yesterday. Had fun there. Not as much as I was expecting, but not bad. Haven't gone to one in years. A lot of the stuff (like the educational things along the way) seemed very childish.:iconusaplz:And, the stuff I really wanted to see like the giant octopus were either hiding, scrunched up, or behind a lot of people.:iconnataliaplz:I liked the moon jelly arch thing. Took a lot of pics. Hopefully, I'll post those soon.

After the aquarium, we went searching through Pike Place Market for a place that's known for their Russian cuisine. Specifically for pierogies and piroshkis. After a while we found it, but it was closed. :iconohboyamericaplz:


So, we went to a place that was near it, that's known for their chowder. I'm not too fond of chowder, but they had a couple of 'rolls' I could try. I got the curry chicken roll. It's like a huge sandwich. Only there's so much stuff in the middle you can't really pick it up at first. It was cold and had chicken, curry spices, nuts, a little mayo, celery, raisins, some really dry lettuce (almost felt like I was eating straw. Yuck!:iconwtfukplz:), all on top of a nice hoagie roll. Wasn't too bad. Only downside was the lettuce, oh and waiting for them to make it. They gave me a free cookie, because of the wait. Their cookies were huge! So, nice value on that. Had that for a 'dinner' later at home.:iconfrancisplz:


Starting this week, I decided to change my schedule a bit. Made it more balanced, so I can get to more of the 'extra' stuff. And, I won't feel like I'm running around half the time. I'm going back to writing everyday, doing at least one Japanese lesson a day, going over You Maga stuff everyday, drawing everyday, and going over kanji everyday. If I do any of these just once a week, I'm not getting much from them.:icongermanyplz: 


Finished watching the first season of Liar Game. I really liked this series! Suspense was great. I could easily figure out their schemes, and how to win the games, but it still was exciting. The background music was perfect. Really fit the mood. I'll start the second season next time. Hopefully it's as good as the first!:dummy:


Also finished watching Kagi no Kakatta Heya or Locked Room. It was really great too! Ohno was awesome! I think he was even better in this drama, than he was in Maou. The ending left it wide open for a second season. Not sure if it'll happen. But, it'd be cool! 


Finished Tsuritama. It was really good, and had a very unique feel to it. Turned out the fish that they had to catch ended up being really small. He was kind of cute when he turned into his 'human' form. I'm glad it was a good ending. This show had some lightheartedness and humor mixed in with some pretty intense stuff. Very interesting blend.:iconchibiamericaplz:


Finished Acchi Kocchi today. I loved this show!:la:It was cute, hilarious, had a violent streak (which I love), and each character had a lot of personality. Sad to see it end too. Hopefully they'll make a second season. 


So, with all these shows ending, it gives me another opportunity to explore. There's a couple of new anime coming out this month (or next month) that I'm really interested in. Those are Sword Art Online, and Blood Lad. They seem like they'd have a lot of potential. Tried the manga for Sword Art Online, but it didn't really grab me. I think the anime version may be better. There are certain things that are suited more as an anime rather than manga. So, we'll see. Also, if those don't work for me I might try Accel World, Black Rock Shooter, Clannad, Starry Sky, and/or Baka to Test. If there's more than 2 that I want to see I'll put Bleach on hold, until next season. (Or whenever the other shows will end.) Bleach is such a long series, it'll be good to take breaks from it. 
日本語
The kanji for today is: . Or: いえ (ie), (ya), うち (uchi), (ka), (ke). It means: house, expert, family, home, performer, professional, family name, lineage. 

Finished up the first 2 questions in the meme. First one, is Zero having a pleasant dream, and second is what would Fray look like as a fish. It's been so fun so far. Next, I have to humiliate Ravel. Poor thing, some of the other characters tend to ignore him. But, I really like his personality. So, maybe I won't be too harsh on him.:iconenglandispervyplz:

deviantART faves: OC Number Replacement Meme: The Rainforest Commission: Wickedly I did not make these! First, an interesting writing meme on what happens when 12 of your original characters are lost in a South American rainforest. Yay! I get to torture them some more! Second, another awesome drawing by an artist I watch. Really epic looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment