Thursday, July 12, 2012

National Pecan Pie Day!

Mood::iconicelandfukkiretaplz:


One of my fave pies!:iconitalyplz:Haven't had one in a long time. What's better than having one of my fave nuts made into a nice and sweet pie?:iconchibihungaryplz:Apparently, the pie originated in France. It was brought over by French immigrants living in New Orleans. From then on, it was a Southern specialty. 


The weather has been great the last couple of days. Highs in the upper 70s. Doesn't get much better than that. Although, it has been a bit more humid than I'd like. Rosie seems to have been a lot more clingy lately. Just exuding love to both of us.:iconcuteamericaplz:She was kneading a lot today. I'm not sure if I've seen her do that before.


The mahj group that usually meets on Wednesdays, met a day early this week. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to go, but later Dad said it'd be good to donate Mom's mahj cards then. So, we went a bit late. I went through 4 magazines, and a little of my guidebook and atlas of Japan. Had one of my fave Italian sodas. An apple-caramel one with whipped cream. Perfectly mixed. (A lot of the time, it's been too strong. Depends on the barista that day.) It was so good!:iconchibispainplz: 


We also had our roof gutters cleaned just before we left. They were extremely fast.:iconusaplz:Kind of funny to see them on the roof. Plus, hear them walking around while they were at the top level. One of the gutters is rotting, so they'll probably be back to fix it next month. Seriously, before they worked on the gutters, it looked like we had trees and other plants growing out of them.:iconchibichinaplz:I kind of miss those.


Still posting more of my Israel pics. Pretty soon I'll be done with the Masada part of the trip. A lot of people on dA love those. Some on FB like them too, just not as many. Been playing my clarinet everyday this week, too. I really need to use a new reed.:iconohboyamericaplz:I just keep forgetting about it, until I start to play. I still have a box of them. Anyways, because of that I didn't sound as good today.:iconnataliaplz:Did some solo pieces and jazz tunes. 

Came up with a lot of ideas for chapter 17 of Alliance. In fact, I couldn't stop writing them down.:icongermanyplz:They just kept coming. Obviously I won't be able to cover everything I came up with, but it was a nice reminder that this really could still go in so many directions. I also have a few extra ideas from before, that might fit into some later chapters. (Or possibly even in the 2nd novel in the series.) I just have to figure out how to start this chapter...:iconkikuplz:
日本語
The kanji for today is: . Or, (ba), じょう (jou). It means location or place. Also, went over some more lessons the last few days. The one for today makes a lot more sense than the last couple have. Worked some more on translating a Japanese recipe for chicken and potato soup. For my 'trip', I'm finished with looking at Hokkaido, and have moved on to Aomori prefecture. Should be fun too. 

A couple of weeks ago, I put in an appeal for my health insurance being denied in June. I just got a letter today telling me they need more time to review my case and make a decision. So, they might make the decision in the next couple of weeks. But, they said if they need a longer amount of time, they have to ask me to sign something. This is kind of funny.:iconenglandispervyplz:My case must be huge. I know for one thing that it's very complicated. So, I guess, if they want to be very thorough, it will take a while.

I'm surprised at how much I'm liking Mirai Nikki at the moment. Half of it was, honestly, kind of boring to me.:bored:Not much was going on. But, in the last couple of episodes, it's been very trippy. Which has really drawn me in. Kind of similar to the Matrix. Anyways, I hope it's a good ending, and it keeps up the same current pace. Naruto Shippuden isn't up for this week, but will be next time. Usually that means something really big and exciting will happen. It hasn't been bad lately, but it might go over the top next week? We'll see.:shrug:
In Ao no Exorcist, Shiemi called out the whale called Amatsu Mihiko, to attack the kraken. Saved herself in the process, when she was caught in between their fight. I like how she's been tougher than she appears. She's grown a lot. The whale didn't win, but managed to push the kraken towards the shore where the exorcists were. It became angry and let out a fume that makes dummies of itself. They killed it, and it seems that Yukio and Rin became closer as brothers after. 

Worked a little more on the meme. Ravel came out better than I expected.:iconeestiplz:He looks kind of funny, too. In the next one, Doina becomes a zombie and starts chasing me. Sounds funny, knowing her character. Should be interesting to draw. 

Had an ice cream drumstick for dessert tonight. Haven't had one in a very long time! We got a box of 8, with 3 different flavors. Plus, it has more chocolate at the bottom than it usually does. I had the one that was vanilla with chocolate fudge in the middle. So good!:iconfrancisplz:The other flavors are strawberry and plain vanilla.

deviantART faves: StupidFox- 70 Windmill- Ch 3- Page 8 Awake I did not make these! First, another hilarious installment of StupidFox. Second, a cool scene by an artist I watch from his manga. Third, an interesting drawing of Iceland from Hetalia. A bit creepy, but cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment