Thursday, December 8, 2011

National Chocolate Brownie Day!

Mood::iconchibiamericaplz:


Wow! Brownies have their own day?!:wow:Awesome! I love those!:iconheroamericaplz:Yesterday was cotton candy day, another one of my fave desserts. Kind of strange, because I think of cotton candy as fair food, and that's usually in the summer.:iconchibijapanplz:
This is my wallpaper for the month. As it says, it has Natsu and Gray from Fairy Tail. I was thinking of putting up a wintry Letter Bee themed one, but couldn't decide.:iconseychelles-plz:So, why not something else? Next time it'll probably be Letter Bee. I really like these 2 characters though.:iconthailandplz:The background looks kind of cool, too.


My Japanese woodblock calendar has a wintry scene with a famous bridge, the tallest of Edo's fire watch towers, and a pagoda in the distance. Kind of cool. My Jewish calendar has 2 different types of menorahs. A brass one from Amsterdam in 1752. And, a tin one also from the Netherlands (they're not sure where exactly) in 1935. Very interesting. Not the most impressive looking ones out there, but nice.:iconchibicanadaplz:


Here's the month-long holidays: National Tie Month, Quince and Watermelon Month, Root Vegetables and Exotic Fruits Month, Tomato and Winter Squash Month, Universal Human Rights Month, National Fruit Cake Month, National Egg Nog Month. Some are important causes, some are to make you think and appreciate things you may take for granted, and some are just for fun. There's a lot less for this month. Lots of food related stuff this time. 


Been a bit busy lately, but things have died down, so I'll be able to post more.:iconchibinitalyplz:Took the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) on Sunday. I was really nervous. But, I think I got most of the questions right. There was only a couple that seemed really weird. For one question in the kanji section, it seemed like they were really trying to trick me.:iconromanoplz:Looked like an optical illusion. 2 of the answers looked exactly the same, until I looked at it long enough. One tiny stroke was missing on one. Good thing I caught it.:phew:I don't like that they try to fool you. Most of the other people taking the test seemed really nice. We had like 5 or 6 little kids show up. Adults around me were looking down on them. You know, chances are they could do better than us, because it's easier to learn a language at that age. I don't like ageism.:iconhongkongplz:It was just wrong to me. Everyone should be looked at equally. Also, had a few middle aged guys, and some high schoolers. I think most were in college or in their late 20s. Makes sense to me. But, a good mix of people. One girl kept talking my ear off at each break and as we were leaving. Nice person, but she talks a bit too much.:iconchibiromanoplz:It would be cool to exchange emails or something with people next year. Just as you feel there's a possibility of becoming friends with someone, it's time to leave.:iconwtfukplz:Oh, well. I'm thinking if I pass it this year, I'll take the next level next year. It'll give me more experience.:iconeestiplz:


Decided to add more fruits and vegetables to my diet. I never seem to have enough of either.:iconenglandispervyplz:But, I'm especially bad with vegetables. So, I'm going to have one of each every time I eat. Should be better for me.:iconfrancisplz:Also, started to do 10 sit-ups in the mornings and 10 at night. The only part of me that seems to be staying the same is my belly.:icongermanyplz:Looks funny since I lost a lot of weight. This should help. 
Stir-fried sweet chicken. Another Thai dish.:)Added slivered almonds instead of cashews. Used BBQ sauce instead of chili paste with soy bean oil. (They suggested it as a substitute.) A tad fishier than I expected, but pretty good.:iconitalyplz:Also, first time using fish sauce! Yay!:dummy:
In Fairy Tail, the guild disappears into a parallel dimension/world called Edola. Happy and Carla are from there. Everyone but Natsu, Wendy, Happy, and Carla got sucked in. Might get to learn more about Happy and what he really is. Carla said only dragon slayers stayed behind, but where's Gajeel then?:iconkikuplz:They have to go to Edola somehow and save everyone. Probably will get to see their 'other' selves. Like the opening theme suggests. 


Played my clarinet for an hour yesterday. Did some clarinet solos and Beatles songs. Rosie looked really happy about me playing again. It felt good to play that long.:iconchibipolandplz:


Read an article in Soy Source. It was about a place called Katsu Burger in Seattle. It sounded amazing!:iconchibihungaryplz:Lots of different types of patties, toppings, etc. Even the different types of seasoned fries sounded really good. Looked a little online for it, and saw that it has high reviews. 


Finished transposing an Irish tune, and got half-way through another. Read more of Timeline. It's been intense and interesting. Close to finishing it. Found a couple more interesting words for my list. The cafe, yesterday, seemed really deserted.:iconlovinoplz:I got chamomile tea this time. I added a tiny bit of their powdered vanilla. Tasted great!


I'm thinking of finally putting up our Hanukkah decorations tomorrow. If I'm feeling up to it, might even get the lights up.:la:I think it's cool that we have little dreidel lights that go over our front windows downstairs. Hanukkah is supposed to be the festival of lights. So, that's a plus for it. I'll see how much energy I can muster up to do the decorations. Hopefully, I can get a lot of it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment