Tuesday, December 17, 2013

National Maple Syrup Day!

Mood::iconchibiswedenplz:

I love maple syrup, but only in small amounts. A little goes a long way.:iconseychelles-plz:Canada is the largest producer of it, responsible for 75% of the world's supply. Vermont makes the most in the US, generating about 5.5% of the world's supply. It's graded according to Canada or US scales based on its density and translucency. In Canada, syrups must be 66% sugar and be made exclusively from maple sap to qualify as maple syrup. In the US, a syrup must be made almost entirely from maple sap to be labeled as 'maple'.

I've been sick since last Friday.:iconwtfukplz:I remember in my last post on Thursday that I was feeling somewhat sick. Apparently, that was just the start of it.:icongermanyplz:It got much worse the next day. There were times where my nose was totally closed. Like it was so inflamed, the nostrils closed in on themselves.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:I've never had that happen...I have a small nose to begin with, just like my mom did. I couldn't breathe through it. (It sometimes made a bubbly noise.:iconkikuplz:) Other times, it was hard to make it stop running. Had massive headaches, stomach did somersaults almost the entire time (still getting it occasionally), coughing so hard I felt like I was hacking up a lung (still getting this especially while trying to sleep), things taste funny, and other weird stuff. I had to sleep in a lot. Slept most of Friday, which helped a bit. At least I finally feel like I'm coming out of it. I rarely get sick. Especially this sick. 

Managed to get some writing done for the 4th story in my nightmare anthology. In fact, I seemed to be more on a roll. Kept coming up with ideas, and didn't really hit a 'wall' with it like I have been. Decided not to play my clarinet while I was sick, since I couldn't breathe through my nose. Kind of hard to play if you can't breathe...:iconswissplz:

Found a lot of cool new songs. So, that was a positive thing, too. Some were Jpop, some Cpop (I don't have much Cpop, so this was interesting), some Hitman Reborn character songs, and more. So, you can look forward to hearing them soon! 

When I felt the sickest, I played some of Fate. Haven't done that in a long time. It's a dungeon game. You pick either a female or male adventurer, and a dog or cat companion. This time I chose the female one with a cat. The village people give you quests to complete in the dungeons. Like kill this 'amount' of blobs, or find my item, or kill the boss of this level in the dungeon, etc. As you gain money, exp, mana, skills, etc. you can get better equipment. I love battling with swords, so I try to get the strongest ones, there's also certain armor according to if you like to use magic or not, gloves, jewelry, plus other accessories. Also, a lot of magic scrolls to learn from. You can get gems to socket onto an item to make it more powerful/have special abilities. You can fish as well. If you feed it to your pet or yourself, it or you will turn into one of the monsters for a certain amount of time. Also, sometimes the fish have special items in them. You earn certain levels of renown, too. I think I might have gotten to 'The Hero' this time. Just before that I think my title was 'The Tolerated'. It's really fun, but can get tiring, since it's just going through levels of a dungeon. I think there are 50 levels to the dungeon. I've never finished it. Wonder if I ever will. I think the furthest I might have gone is like level 30. At level 10 (I think), it's so deep into the dungeon that they start showing lava pools and fire. I wonder what that last level looks like. Maybe you end up on the other side of the world.:iconusaplz:

I decided not to go to group tonight. I'm finally feeling better, and am a little restless. So, I don't know if I'd be able to sit through it.:iconchibinitalyplz:I like the people there, though. (And, I love being there.) The next one is on New Year's Eve. Not sure how many people will be going. Since it's the 5th Tuesday, we usually have a potluck and watch a movie. Maybe it should turn into a New Year's Eve party or something. We could still have a potluck and watch movies until the countdown. Just an idea...We'll see. Maybe they'll bring up something similar tonight.:iconchibihungaryplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment