Thursday, December 5, 2013

8th Day of Hanukkah!

Mood::iconchibiswedenplz:

Today's the last day of Hanukkah! Crazy! It went by so fast. Got to have some latkes during our Thanksgiving meal. So, at least I got to have some of those. I was thinking of playing dreidel, but never got to it.:iconohboyamericaplz:Maybe later, or next year. Even our hostess wanted to play at least one round of it, but it had gotten too late. Everyone was tired after playing Trivial Pursuit. The candles are always nice to look at.:iconchibihungaryplz:

I've been feeling sick the last couple of weeks, and it's starting to bother me. I rarely actually get sick. Lately I've been lightheaded, stomach hurts, nose is stuffed up and occasionally feels like I got a bunch of water up there (like when you're swimming and some of it goes up your nose...:iconwtfukplz:), weird mucus-like stuff going down my throat, things (like pills) stick to the back of my throat, every so often I get this weird semi-hard ball-shaped thing that makes its way up my throat and propels itself out (there's blood mixed in, and it's not like I threw up), and other weird things. I'm more curious about it and slightly annoyed, than scared.:iconkikuplz:But, seeing blood is probably not a good thing. I was just recently assigned to a new doctor, so I'll see what she says.
This is my wallpaper for December. It's Bel and Fran from Hitman Reborn. Thought it looked kind of fun. Fran is hilarious. Even the way he speaks is funny. I used to not really care for Bel, but as the series progressed, I learned to really like him too. His laugh can be annoying, though. In the anime, Fran didn't show up until towards the end. (He's from the future, and is future Bel's partner in Varia.) Fran is Mammon's replacement, and apparently he has to wear the large hat to symbolize this...He's constantly being stabbed through it. (Most of the time by Bel, who uses knives. But, when Mukuro sees him, he stabs him with his trident.) I'm very curious about him, since they really didn't reveal much. His former teacher was Mukuro, so he's also an illusionist.

My spice calendar features vanilla this month. Vanilla's flavor is awesome, but comes at least second to chocolate, to me. Vanilla's one of the most sought after flavors around the world. It originated in Mexico, but is now grown around the world. Madagascar produces the majority of it. There are 3 different types of vanilla: Mexican, Bourbon, and Tahitian. It also mentions the history of it, wine pairings, and simple recipes. 

My Jewish calendar features 3 menorahs this month. The main one is made out of copper, maker is unknown, from the Netherlands; c. 1900. Another is made out of brass, maker is unknown, from Eastern Europe (that's a large area...:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:); 1800-1850. The last one is made out of brass, maker is unknown, from the Netherlands or Germany; 1880-1930. Cool to see some older versions of menorahs. Interesting designs, too.

The month-long holidays are: National Egg Nog Month. Didn't see much more than that. I love egg nog, though. I rarely have it. It's good with a little nutmeg on top. 

I recently got a new nail polish thing. It's like a 2-in-1 nail polish. There's a solid really dark purple, almost black one; and kind of a dark teal colored confetti for the other one. Put together, they call this line 'Moon Candy'. Mine is called 'Orbit'. It looks pretty cool, but I think I have to do it at least one more time to get it right. Some nails had more confetti than others.:iconpolandplz:Plus, there's not quite enough to tell right away. But, it's a lot better than the previous glitter-like nail polish that I've had. Cool effect, too. 

On Tuesday night we had group, and met a couple more people. Had an interesting discussion. Then, we went to Shari's like usual. I got a berry muffin. It was pretty good, but there were huge holes.:iconusaplz:Some of them had nothing, they were like air pockets. Some were half filled with berries. 

Started the 4th short story of my nightmare anthology. This one's based on one of my longest dreams. The first time I had it was just before graduating high school. Not sure why I had it, really. But, it's very memorable.:iconchibichinaplz:

Last Saturday, we went out to Red Lobster for lunch. I love to order their 4-course meal deal. Mainly because it's a really good deal, and there's so much food, I can at least make a couple of lunches out of the leftovers. The deal is: a soup, a salad, an entree, and a dessert. There aren't many options for any of these categories. The only soup I can eat is their spicy chicken tortilla soup. I don't eat pork or shellfish products (for religious reasons), which is what the other ones use. I'm technically not supposed to have spicy food either, for health reasons, but I figure if it's not really spicy I can get by with a little bit of it.:iconseychelles-plz:Anyways, they were out of it. Our waiter was kind of odd about it and told me I couldn't replace it with anything. So, I settled on getting the clam chowder, and gave it to my dad. Felt very weird. Dad filled out a survey and wrote to the people in charge of the restaurant about it. We apparently got a free dinner out of it. (I was going to write a complaint as well, but she got to it first, and it made sense since the person in charge emailed her back after the survey. They went on from there, and seemed a logical way to do it.)

I got my faves for the rest of it. The Caesar salad, Cajun chicken linguine, and a brownie. The salad was good. The linguine was good, but a bit spicier than usual. Usually it's just a slight bite, not really spicy. Has a kick, I guess. But, this time it was like they dumped the spices in without caring how it'd taste.:iconswissplz:Like I said before, it still ended up tasting good, just weird. The brownie is always super hot and moist. It comes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup on it. It's all really good, but the brownie takes a while to cool. The Cheddar Bay biscuits are always good, too. Next time, I might make even more leftovers out of it. The linguine is still very filling even though I eat about a third of it each time. 

I've gotten back to being more strict about how much I eat. I'm trying to keep my calories around a certain range. I did this kind of thing recently, and found out how little I can have before I feel horrible the next day. My stomach is still shrinking, and it's amazing how little can fill it up. I figured that eating half of things might still be too much depending on what I'm eating. In some cases, I'll end up eating too little.:iconwtfromanoplz:So, I'm kind of thinking that things cost a certain amount of calories, and I can't eat too much over or I'll be in the 'red'. If I think like this, it seems to work for me so far. I also don't want to eat too little and have more calories than I should left. Can't survive too well like that.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:Depending on how many times I'll eat in a day, is how much calories I'll have for each. Kind of like another mind game for me.:icondenmarkgrinplz:I've decided my range for a day is about 1500-1800 calories a day. Not too bad. I don't want to go over 1800, or under 1500. I still can eat a semi-reasonable amount of things. Just have to be more aware. (With this way of thinking, I should be able to make about 6 meals out of that Red Lobster thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment