Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sunnyday

Mood::iconchibiamericaplz:

By Lead. Just a feel good summer song. The video is a bit funny, but at least they look like they're having fun. 

Only one more day until my birthday!:la:Some people have already wished me a happy birthday. I know most of those people live on the other side of the world, but it's kind of odd. Nice, but odd.:iconheroamericaplz:Today, is National Nachos Day, and Saxophone day. Interesting combo. I love nachos, and there are various ways of making it. Saxophones are cool, and I think they would have been my second choice for choosing an instrument. I love my clarinet more, though.:icondenmarkgrinplz:Maybe in the future I'll learn to play the sax, too...

Went to the support group last night. We were locked out of the room we usually use.:iconwtfukplz:So, we waited a little while, just in case people were arriving late, and went to Shari's instead. Where we usually go after group. There was a lot more of us this time, since it wasn't as late. Had to really squeeze in so everyone could sit at the table. I got the strawberry yogurt parfait. It was pretty good. Kind of wish they had other options besides yogurt.:iconwtfromanoplz:My iced tea had a really bizarre aftertaste. I know some people said that it looked really weak or something, but there was something else to it. Couldn't put my finger on it. I guess I'm kind of glad I don't know what it was.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:Our waitress brewed some more tea herself, and once it cooled, gave me a new glass of it. It was perfect. She said the one who did it before tends to do the tea horribly. Why have them do it then?:iconromanoplz:Anyways, we had some entertaining discussions. I wanted to bring up my birthday, but at one point was distracted by things. Oh well. I'll tell them next time.

Kakushou was a bit difficult to sit through without tearing up.:iconamericasadchibiplz:Hagio's thief informant, Kagifuku, who helped him with so many cases, was diagnosed with having cancer. He only had a few months to live, a year at most. Kagifuku used to be a thief himself, but quit to live a more honest life. A young man deceived him into getting back into the 'game' by saying if he helps the gang of thieves he's apart of, they promised that the young man will be able to leave it. Kagifuku is a master at picking locks, and it seems easy for him to crack open almost any safe. Even if it's high tech. At one point, he knew he was being deceived and left clues for Takeda (Hagio's partner) in order to turn in the group. She figured it out, and arrested them. It was very difficult for her to arrest Kagifuku. She had grown attached to him as well. He would call Hagio 'Honey', and Takeda 'Beautiful Lady'. He seems like such a sweet old man. Now, it's very likely he'll end up dying in jail. But, he promised he'll try to live long enough so he can feel free one last time. 

Tokyo Ravens has been very interesting. I wasn't sure what to really expect with this series. Now, it kind of reminds me of Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist). I like Harutora's character. He's not arrogant, wants to genuinely learn from others, cares about others, easily flustered, and is funny at times. He has a familiar now who's a silver fox spirit named Kon. Funny how a familiar has a familiar...:iconusaplz:Kon is very cute. She's fiercely protective of Harutora. Apparently, Natsume has to disguise herself as a boy at the school in order to be taken seriously. Another reason is there's a family tradition where she has to present herself as male in front of other onmyoji families. This creates some misunderstandings. The other characters have been interesting so far too. It'd be cool to see where this series goes. 

I'm nearing the end of Hitman Reborn. Thinking of finishing it tomorrow. Only 2 more episodes, I think. I've really enjoyed this series, even though I wasn't sure about it at first.:iconfrancisplz:All the characters have quirks (including the animals), the story is pretty complex, there's loads of humor even in some of the tense situations, some villains turn into great allies throughout the series, there's some really entertaining fights, not all fights are physical, etc. There seems to be something new being revealed about the story behind it all with each episode. They still haven't explained everything yet. Right now Tsuna is up against Byakuran. Yuni was sucked into the 'stage' that the Sky rings created, since she's the Arcobaleno's Sky Guardian. Byakuran needs her, and they were protecting her. Byakuran is very interesting, but extremely ruthless. He's traveled to almost every parallel world, and he's the ruler of all of them except theirs. (And, he's destroyed half of those worlds.) The only thing really stopping him is the Vongola family and their allies. He'll kill even his own henchmen in order to get what he wants. This one should have an interesting ending. It'll be sad when it's over, though. Although, I'm reading the manga, and it finished about a year ago. But, it apparently goes a lot further than the anime. I wonder what more it could have, considering this looks like the last big fight.:iconchibiswedenplz:I guess I'll find out. I find it cool that the creator is female. This is one of the most popular series out there. 

Tripeace has been interesting, too. Nana has regained his memory, and is the leader of the anti-peace organization, Ares. Shiro just found out about him, and she's about to fight him. It's weird to see Nana like this. I wonder if he'll revert back to his amnesiac self again. Guess I'll find out about this as well. Seems like I'm nearing the end of this manga. 

Wrote some more of the 2nd story to my nightmare anthology. I think I'll end it next time. Not much left to this one. Played my clarinet. Did some solos, Duke Ellington, and Gershwin. I think I played better than last time, but still had a few mistakes. Not bad, though. 
日本語
Studied more compounds for the kanji: . 末代 or まつだい (matsudai): forever, in perpetuity. 歴代 or れきだい (rekidai): successive generations, successive emperors. 交代  or こうたい (koutai): alternation, change, relief, relay, shift, substitution (sports, etc.). 十代 or じゅうだい (juudai): the teens (10-19), teenage; the 10th generation. 千代 or せんだい (sendai): thousand years; very long period, forever. 親の代 or おやのだい (oya no dai): one's parents' generation. 君が代 or きみがよ (kimi ga yo): Imperial reign; title of the Japanese national anthem. Usually the anthem title is translated as His Majesty's Reign, but no official translation of it nor the lyrics has ever been established by law. It's also one of the world's shortest national anthems. There's only a few more compounds for this kanji, and then I can move on to the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment