Wednesday, November 20, 2013

National Baklava Day!

Mood::iconberwaldplz:

One of my fave desserts! It's so good!:iconchibispainplz:This was on Sunday, as well as Homemade Bread Day. Homemade bread is pretty awesome, too. Today is Transgender Day of Remembrance. It memorializes those who have been brutally murdered just for being trans, or in other words, themselves. Many remember people who have committed suicide as well. I heard a good explanation from someone recently saying society murdered the ones who committed suicide.

Finished watching Kakushou today. It was pretty good. Not the best, but good. Had a pretty good ending, too. Left it wide open for a second season, which is nice. 

Finished reading Tripeace today. I can't believe I finished it already!:iconswissplz:It's a really good manga. And, the last 'showdown' was awesome. It'd be cool if they made this into an anime, along with O-Parts Hunter (aka 666 Satan), En Passant, and Buster Keel. (Supposedly Buster Keel's still on-going, but they haven't updated in a long time.) All of them are awesome. I think they could have kept Tripeace going for a while, even though they resolved pretty much everything having to do with Nana, the main character. They even revealed Shiro's past. But, we still don't know much about the other members of Tripeace...
I started watching Tokyo Bandwagon last Friday. It's much better than I thought it would be. I think it's an instant fave.:iconchibiamericaplz:Has a lot of my favorite actors. It's set within a secondhand bookstore named Tokyo Bandwagon, located in a suburb of Tokyo. The bookstore has a small cafe, and the exterior of the building is old. There's a large family that has lived there for the past 4 generations. (They also treat their 2 cats as family.) The family loves to solve their customers' problems, and have quite a few of their own to solve. Ao Hotta, the main character, is a 26-year-old freelance travel agency guide. Sometimes Ao's grandmother narrates. She's a ghost who watches over the family. All the characters have their own quirks. Apparently, this is based off a novel of the same name. 
Started watching Hard Nut last Saturday. I really like this one already, too. Kurumi Nanba is a student majoring in math at a prestigious university. She's viewed as a bit of an eccentric person due to her poor communication skills, but has a genius level intellect. Tatsuhiko Handa is a detective. They work together to solve difficult cases. She reminds me a bit of the main character in 'Weather Girl' or Otenki Onee-san, but with a lot more personality. And, she's much more logical. 
Started Rurouni Kenshin or Wandering Kenshin. Also known as Samurai X and Wandering Samurai. This is one of the 'classics' of anime. It's right up there with Ranma 1/2, which I hope to watch in the future. (Ranma 1/2 is an older anime.) I think I started watching a couple of episodes in my college anime club, but stopped after that. It's a good show, though. Himura Kenshin is a vagabond with a dark past and sunny disposition. Not a ronin, but a rurouni, he was never a samurai, but a highly skilled assassin in the Meiji restoration who in the turning point of the war simply walked away. His travels lead him to Tokyo in the 11th year of the Meiji era, where he befriends a female kendo master, a former thief, a brawler, and a doctor all with their own secrets. Together they fight off the enemies from Kenshin's dark past that he can't escape from. The manga started in 1994 and finished in 1999, the anime started in 1996 and ended in 1998, there was a novel later, and there's been several movies. A live-action movie was recently put out. It looked interesting. The only thing that throws me off a bit is Kenshin's voice. He has a female voice actress. Sometimes it sounds fine, but other times it doesn't quite fit.:iconusaplz:Just takes some getting used to, I think. He makes some interesting startled sounds too. Oh, and he uses a reverse blade, mostly knocking out his opponents instead of slashing them down. He can kill people with it if he uses enough force, and fights in a certain way. 
Started watching Toradora (also called Tiger x Dragon) last Friday. It's been interesting so far. Can't quite tell if I really like it or not.:icontinoplz:Despite Ryuji Takasu's gentle personality, his eyes make him look like an intimidating delinquent. For his second year of high school, the class he's been rearranged into put him together with his best friend, Yusaku Kitamura, and his hidden crush, Minori Kushieda. Along with these 2 comes Kushieda's best friend, Taiga Aisaka. Her delicate appearance contrasts with her brutal personality. Secretly in love with Kitamura, Taiga agrees to help Ryuji with his love interest as long as he helps her get closer to hers. I can already tell that Taiga and Ryuji will get together. Apparently, she's nicknamed as the tiger and he's nicknamed as the dragon. 

I've apparently lost another pant size. That's 4 pant sizes from my heaviest weight. Pretty good, I think.:icondenmarkgrinplz:I feel much lighter and more 'awake'. Even my watch is really loose. It doesn't stretch, unlike my previous watches that had leather bands. This one is metal. I'm up to 85 sit-ups twice a day for the week. I'm surprised I can do that...:wow:I'm still hoping to start doing my 2-mile walks twice a day. I think I can start that off as a habit tomorrow. I've been off and on with my walks for a while. Feels weird when I don't do them. Decided to get up even earlier this week. It feels nice, oddly. Feel like I have more of a day. I just have to remember to still go to bed early. 

Got some new cute gloves recently. They're like a mitten and fingerless glove hybrid. I think that's very useful. They have an owl design with little pompoms on top as its ears. Other people like them, too. Only wish the top mitten part was a bit thicker to keep my fingertips warmer. It's gotten really cold lately. Well, cold considering what we normally get. Some places have dipped into the high 20s. 

Dad and I have been invited to an orthodox family's place for shabbat dinner. I'm a little nervous about it, but it was very nice of them. Dad had worked with their kid, and on the same day they invited us. Apparently, their kid's name is the same as my middle name. We think it might have influenced it a little. I think it's pretty awesome that it's the same. I love my middle name.:iconchibihungaryplz:Some people have a hard time saying it, because it's really in Hebrew but transliterated into English. English doesn't have the same guttural sound. 

Also, for Thanksgiving we're going to the same place we usually go, at a friend's place. We're bringing someone with us. She's originally from Ireland, but has been living in London. She's visiting the area to research for her novel that she's writing for National Novel Writing Month. The book will be based on stories influenced by the area. Pretty cool. It's also going to be Hanukkah and I'm not sure if our friends are going to do anything for it in addition. They're Jewish, too. Should be interesting, anyways.:iconchibinitalyplz:

The 3rd short story for my nightmare anthology is getting really interesting. I'm far passed the point my dream ended on this one. Not sure where it's going. 

I've also been playing my clarinet everyday this week. I'm hoping to continue that, even practicing during the weekend. In fact, for a longer time during the weekends. I'm sounding much better, and it feels really nice again. I've also been more aware of how I play pieces. Still getting faves on dA for the pic I recently posted. Didn't think it was that great...:iconhongkongplz:

Studied 2 more kanji today. One is a very common one. That has a bunch of compounds, but it's starting to make a lot of sense now. I plan to go over more grammar stuff during the weekends, too. I tend to grasp it, forget a little, grasp it again, etc. I want to break that. I'm still pretty good in general with it, but I want to get everything down pat. There's a lot to it. Also, want to focus more on verb forms. Plus, actually practicing more sentences.

deviantART fave:
Bred-n-bu-er I did not make this! This is a hilarious drawing of slices of bread eating a stick of butter. They have very expressive faces. Kind of sad, yet so funny. I love the cute/funny and dark stuff. Discovered this actually through dA's facebook page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment