Monday, October 24, 2011

Fiesta

Mood::iconicelandfukkiretaplz:


by +Plus. It's the 6th opening to Fairy Tail. A fun and upbeat song. I like the beginning drum solo. Adds to the atmosphere. +Plus formed in 2009. They're also actors. There's not much info out on the band.:iconwtfromanoplz:

Made these Friday night. Top's Armenian lentil and apricot soup. Very good and filling.:meow:Mom helped with the last bit of pureeing half of it. By then, I had ran out of steam. If anyone's interested, I posted the recipe to my dA journal. Someone asked for it, so I put it there. Bottom's the dessert, banana cooked in coconut milk. It's a Cambodian/Laotian recipe. (Apparently, popular in both countries.:shrug:) Simple to make. It was so good!:iconchibispainplz:Really rich and heavy tasting, though. Almost couldn't finish my portion.:iconseychelles-plz:


I got some really nice responses from my last post in my pic thread, in my fave anime forum. Kind of made my day!:iconthailandplz: 


Watched D no Arashi. This time it was about seeing a cross section of a tri-colored toothpaste tube. They also looked at a shoe and a cell phone. They used an extremely powerful high pressure water jet cutter. It was cool. They also introduced a new corner, called A no Arashi. It's Aiba doing various scientific experiments. This time with liquid nitrogen. I think that stuff's fascinating.:iconchibiswedenplz:His ultimate experiment with it was to figure out what happens when you drop a bowl of ramen in. Interesting result. Noodles end up looking like those instant noodles in top ramen, the broth solidifies and sinks to the bottom of the canister, and there's little bits of vegetables and stuff frozen, but floating in the middle. His last experiment was what would having the exact same amount of hot pepper powder and sugar mixed up in water taste like. They couldn't really describe it well. Apparently, first it's very sweet and then the spiciness kicks in. But, it's not as spicy as before. I love this show so far!:iconchibipolandplz:


As well as their other variety show Himitsu no (Secrets of) Arashi-chan. Did not know one of them was a very good professional magician. They also interviewed a guy who had near perfect pics of bugs, and about his secret to getting them. The guy puts a sensor next to the lens, and when a bug stumbles upon it, it takes a pic instantly. He takes them from a bug's perspective, so some of them look huge. Also, does video of them using a very tiny video camera. The head of it is about the size of an ant. Really interesting. 
Gintama was freaking hilarious!:lmao:I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Luckily, no one was home to hear me blurt out in laughter.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:It was kind of 'mature'.:iconenglandispervyplz:Only Gintama can make you laugh like that, during a funeral episode. Gintoki and Hijikata's fave restaurant's owner died. So, it started off really somber. And, then they saw his ghost sit up straight in the coffin. He decided to mess with them a bit before he went to heaven. He even managed to make their fave foods. The owner had a special for each of his regulars. Gintoki always had a sweet adzuki (red bean)-based ramen(?) one. And, Hijikata, a mayo-based one. Nasty, but funny. It was one of their best episodes, at least in hilarity.:rofl:


I can't believe Halloween's coming up so soon!:iconbatsplz:I only like the scary movies, costumes, and candy part. We usually get a ton of kids. While we were at the store on Friday, we got the candy. Good selection, like always. I also came up with a list of things I might want to make this week. Wrote out an ingredients list for them, and got the stuff while we were out. It took me a while to come up with it. But, now we have the stuff to make them. No excuses.:iconkikuplz: 


Also, exactly a week after Halloween's my birthday! Wahoo!:party:I might have some ideas about what I want to do for it. Not sure about a restaurant yet. Last year we went to a Japanese steakhouse. The show was great, but the food was not that great. I used to go to the Olive Garden for it. But, they seem way too salty for me now. And there's not much variety from year to year. At least in the way of what I can eat there. (No pork or shellfish kind of limits things.) So, maybe someplace different. I know this might be weird, but I also might want to go to Uwajimaya and check out Daiso. I don't know, I haven't decided yet.:iconlietplz:


deviantART faves: Orange-Caramel Poached Pears Wanna play? Windmill- Ch3- Front Page Gintoki wallpaper 100 Years of Pride I did not make these! First, a pic of really tasty looking pears, from an artist I watch. Second, a creepy comic by another artist I watch. His interpretation of a dream someone had of finding his house by accident. Third, front page of another chapter of the manga Windmill by an artist I watch. Fourth, a cool Gintoki wallpaper. Fifth, a nice drawing of Taiwan from Hetalia.


Youtube:
Really cute vids featuring Yune from Ikoku Meiro no Croisee:

No comments:

Post a Comment