Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Eve of Sukkot

Mood::iconchibiswedenplz:


Which is tomorrow night. I'm not sure if I'll be able to blog again before then.:iconswissplz:Can't believe it's coming up so fast though! It's a 7-day holiday. Sukkot just means booths. It's a harvest festival, where we eat under these makeshift booths outside. It's supposed to be one of the most joyous holidays.:iconthailandplz:Sukkot also commemorates the 40-year period during which the children of Israel were wandering in the desert, living in temporary shelters. We won't be putting up a sukkah this year, sadly.:iconpolandplz:No one volunteered, it's a lot of work to put up with just 2 people, and I don't think we got an etrog and lulav. I think it'll be the first time in a very long time, where we won't be putting one up.:iconkikuplz:We could go to the Sukkot potluck at the synagogue under their sukkah. It would be something.:iconhongkongplz:Aish.com has ideas on how to do one inside. Since many people live in apartments, and/or don't have the space outside. It feels like it'd be cheating or something, though.:iconraivisplz:


Friday night through Saturday was Yom Kippur. I always feel guilty about eating during the holiday.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:You're supposed to fast, unless you have some sort of medical thing. Since my meds have to be taken with food, I have to eat. Mom has cancer so she's exempt from the fast as well. It's like a sin if someone who has medical problems follows the fast. Still doesn't make me feel better about it.:iconohboyamericaplz:So, I ate very lightly instead. We had a different rabbi to lead the services. He always does Yom Kippur for our congregation. But, nothing else. Makes sense, because he has his own congregation, and is very busy with the Union for Reform Judaism. Very interesting guy. Always remembers what we say to him every year. Kind of weird that way. 


I ate so light, I was actually pretty hungry just before we broke the fast. There was some weird stuff, and some really good stuff. A mixed bag, so to speak. Salads were weird, there was scones, donuts, kugels (noodle kugels, which I hate), breads, eggplant parmesan (not my thing either), a blintz casserole (that was good!), and some other things that aren't coming to mind. My hands were shaking so much, I somehow flipped my food in the air.:iconusaplz:But, the only thing that landed in something was a piece of broccoli. Did pretty well at catching everything. Had an interesting mix of people at our table. All of them, pretty much, friends. It was fun talking to them. It was like a table full of comedians though. Hard to eat when you're talking and laughing at the same time.:iconheroamericaplz:


Got my contacts and some jeans (finally!) today. Tomorrow, I'll go to Poulsbohemian while Mom plays mahj. So, I won't have time to blog. (There for 3 hours usually.) I usually get a lot of stuff done there. Like transposing, ideas for my story, writing Japanese, drawing, etc. Plus, I get to see people, and get out. And having a big cup of tea's not bad either. Then, Thursday's my hearing. Mom's going to testify on my behalf, but I'm still incredibly nervous about the whole thing.:iconchibichinaplz:I'll only have to go in there if they have questions. So, a big week.


Tonight I'm thinking of making an Indonesian dish called Semur Daging or Beef Cooked in Soy Sauce from one of our Asian cookbooks. It's more than just soy sauce though. Hence why I put the Indonesian name down as well. Its got a lot of spices and stuff. The only thing we don't have is the tamarind liquid. But, they say lemon juice would be a good substitute. Everything cooks for about an hour and a quarter. Sounds so good!:iconchibispainplz:The few Indonesian dishes I've tried, have actually been really tasty. So, I hope this will be too. 


Watched D no Arashi. This episode hit a little too close to home.:iconseychelles-plz:It was about a trans dad, and what his family thinks and how they deal with it. Some things were eerily similar to our situation, some quite different. 
Gintama was just crazy, yet touching. I don't know how this series does that. Make something seemingly so stupid, and turn it into a touching story. I think this is the only show that attempts to and succeeds at that. This was the continuation of the 2D girlfriend episode. About which couple is the best. Gintoki seems throughout most of it, to have the ugliest/rude 'girlfriend'. He doesn't even consider her a girlfriend until later. He just wanted to get Shinpachi back to reality. But, his type of girlfriend's category (there are 3 different ones), was about to be skipped over. After he says that he wants to show everyone what true love is, his girlfriend's look changes drastically. Even her dead son on her back changes. She's very tsundere. (Initially cold and can be very hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side.) The guys go nuts over her. Eventually, Gintoki wins. And, he makes a speech to Shinpachi and all the other guys about what real love is like. Funny thing is, I don't think he's had an actual girlfriend on the show. A couple of possible love interests, but nothing comes from it. Kind of feel sorry for him. Anyways everyone, but Gintoki, stops playing the game.


I tried out a couple more new anime shows on Friday and Sunday. But, they both were extremely ecchi. I'm not into that kind of stuff.:iconwtfukplz:So, they weren't for me. Had kind of dry comedy as well. I hope Guilty Crown and Un-Go will be good. Although, if they aren't, I have a lot of possible recent anime shows on my list. So, we'll see.


I've caught up to the updates for Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge. Sadly, it's only updated once a month. So, it's another slow updating one. I'll have to start another for when there's no update for Afterschool Charisma and this one. I have a few candidates for it and Fridays. Getting close to the current updates for other mangas as well. Close to the end of O-Parts. The mangaka who created O-Parts, also has a newer series out, called Blazer Drive. Sounds like another good one. His stuff seems so unique to me. And, even though his twin brother created Naruto, I feel their styles are quite different. Someone mentioned in a forum that he deliberately makes things in his mangas asymmetrical, and his twin's art's always symmetrical. I can see that. Kind of interesting. Like he's trying to be different. So, I'll see if that one's good enough to read as well. 


Finished the steps to the stress relieving exercise in You Maga. Only a little bit left of this article. Played my clarinet as well. Sounding better and better. But, I seem to be out of breath more often. Have to work on that. 


deviantART faves: Sleep Walk Tainted black Cute and Naughty Halloween StupidFox- 57 Mezmerize Arararagi Eggs First, an amazing drawing by an artist I watch. Inspired by a song in the author's comments. Second, another amazing drawing by a different artist I watch. (The one where I usually hate her realism.) Third, a really cute drawing of an artist I watch of her Sugar Overkill characters. She hasn't posted anything in a while, so this was nice. I like how she makes them look really cute, but also have them do something dark at the same time. Fourth, another StupidFox installment. Fifth, a really cool pic of a cat's eye. Sixth, another amazing drawing by another artist I watch. I think its been a long time since she posted anything too. It's an old drawing though. Fanart of Arararagi from Bakemonogatari. I've never seen it. Seventh, a funny pic of eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment