Friday, December 6, 2019

8th of Kislev

Finished the Clothes and Pets units of Duolingo's Scottish Gaelic course. I'm really breezing through. I think if it really is a short course, I'll go back through everything and try to completely level out each unit. Each one has 5 levels or 'crowns'. With each crown, it's supposed to get harder, but I tend to get tired of that by the 3rd one. Once I get the basics like alphabet and such down, I usually just complete the 1st level of each. Maybe they have speaking exercises at the higher levels. I'll see. I made it to 2nd place today in the Ruby League. I don't normally make it up that far. The top 3 at the end of the week not only get promoted to the next league, they also get a chest filled with gems. I think since this course rewards you with red lingots, I'll get a certain amount of those. Either that or xp? Other courses use blue gems. I'm not sure what the difference is between those 2 gem systems. 

I finished coloring in the drawing of Junko in Photoshop, and today I continued with shading. I did her other ear (cat ear, since she's a cat demon), and some of her hair. It's a little annoying, because if you go back over something, it darkens it. If I remember I can erase the 'shading' part without erasing the drawing, I can try to shade it without being very precise and without stopping for certain parts. Adds more to clean up after, but that's ok. I like the 3D effect it gives with shading. Looks more 'real'. After I finish shading, I can finally submit it to Instagram and DeviantArt. Then, it's to drawing the next character. I plan to try and keep doing something related to drawing every day. 

Today, I finished editing Obsession from Sweet Endless Terror. That's 10 pages of the ebook, and 28 pages of the print. It's longer than the other 3 have been. Is This Real? and Heartless were pretty well done, I have to say. Only a few mistakes, and the flow of both was great. Trippy, but all of them are. They are based on my nightmares after all. I don't think they were the most out there ones. Obsession was good, too. Maybe not as good, but up there. (Especially the ending.) Probably the most graphic and brutal story so far. The Head's probably my least favorite story. Interesting to go through these again.

Started a new diet for Rosie last night. As soon as she finished her food, I cleaned her placemat, water bowl, and food bowls. Gave her some fresh water. Then, I measured out what's a recommended daily portion for a cat with a 'normal activity' level, and added one to each bowl. This was a portion based on the cat food that we use. I decided the 'normal' one, because she can be very active at times, and it might be a good one to switch to. The low activity one might have been too much of drastic difference. I put a portion each in the 2 bowls, because it seems Tasha has been eating from them, too. They were originally supposed to be for both of them, and then they attacked each other so often, Tasha had to have her own food bowl over the banister. Otherwise she wouldn't have eaten. She's been braver and more 'normal' the last couple of years. Almost to the point now where she should have been when we 1st got Rosie. It wouldn't be fair to only have one daily portion if both are eating from it. I'm watching to see how long it takes her (and Tasha occasionally) to finish it all. So far, so good. If it gets completely eaten by tonight, I might add another portion to them. Hopefully, this will help Rosie. Tasha has been getting thinner, and Rosie seems to be getting bigger lately. 

Part of my face seems to be numb or paralyzed. Can't tell exactly. I can't smile or move my mouth like usual. It feels tight, too. I hope it's a temporary thing. I also still have cold symptoms. It's been over 3 weeks since I started feeling it. Longer than my usual for being (temporarily) sick. I'm not coughing as much, but still get nasty attacks. I've coughed so much that it threw my back off causing lots of pain. Since I'm coughing less, it's not causing as much back pain. That's a plus. My nose gets super runny at times, and I'm sneezing a lot still. Although, there are signs I'm getting better overall. It's just taking forever. 

My parent and I were the only ones that showed up to the local trans support meeting on Wednesday. Sadness. A positive was that we could leave early to get a late dinner at Shari's. I got their special pretzel roll cheeseburger with tater tots. Last time I tried to get it, they gave me a vegetarian patty. This time they got it right with actual beef. It was really good. Simple comfort food. I also tried a slice of one of their special holiday pies: triple-layer pumpkin cream. It has a layer of cheese pie filling (it's looser and creamier than cheesecake), pumpkin pie filling, and a top layer of cream. It was heavily dusted with nutmeg. The pie itself had a ton of pumpkin pie spice. So much, it was like a slap in the face at first. It was much better than expected. 

Youtube: 

Fukigen na Mononokean (The Morose Mononokean):

Satsuriku no Tenshi (Angel of Death):

Hataraku Saibou (Cells at Work):

Boku no (My) Hero Academia:

Zombieland Saga:

D.Gray-man:

One Punch Man:

No comments:

Post a Comment