Monday, December 9, 2019

11th of Kislev

By the end of the week, I made it to 2nd place of the Ruby League on Duolingo. First time I've done that. I was promoted to the Emerald League, and rewarded 30 lingots. You get 2 lingots for every unit completed, so that's quite a bit. I got up to 1st place today. Doubt I'll stay at that. Went through the Numbers unit and some of the Family one. I managed to do it on Saturday and Sunday, too. It's been a while since I've done that.

Finished shading Junko's shirt in Photoshop. Not sure if I'm happy with how that turned out. I'm still new to shading, though. I should get better with it if I get to it more often. Next will be her long skirt. Soon, I'll get to submit it to Instagram and deviantART. Yay!

Today, I edited Let Me Out of Here! from Sweet Endless Terror. It was shorter than I remembered. 4 pages of the ebook, and 10 pages of the print. This one's probably the most trippy so far. Even more than Space Trip was, which is what I edited yesterday. Eternal Suffering has been the most gruesome so far. Went through that on Saturday. Page-wise, I'm halfway through. A little over halfway when counting the stories. 

I'm going to try to get back to walking again. I have a new strategy for sticking to it. One 2-mile walk right after breakfast or brunch, and then another a little before sunset. 2 this time, because I don't think 1 a day was enough. 3 would be too much to start with. Plus, there wouldn't be much time between walks since I don't want to walk when it's dark. Especially this time of year. When the days get longer, I might add a 3rd walk. I might get to see the sunset this way, which can be motivating. Started this yesterday. Hopefully, I can keep it up. 

Tried an interesting thing last night. It was a frozen chicken parmesan meal. There were little breaded balls of chicken, mini ravioli, parmesan, mozzarella, and a marinara sauce. It was in a carton that you heat up, much like Tai Pei's containers. It was packed with flavor and protein. It just seemed like a small portion, even though it was very filling. 

Saturday night, I got chicken enchiladas and Mexican rice from our local market. They make them themselves. They come in huge portions. I had 1 enchilada, and it came with 2. Had half of the container of the rice. The enchilada was nice and zesty. Really filling. I find it funny that I got a rather snobby comment on it on Instagram. They were upset that I didn't broil it. Notice, I did not mention how I heated it up, but that's correct. I used the microwave. For shame! They also said it wasn't heated up enough. They went on talking about how they hate when people don't melt their cheese in tacos either. I could kind of understand if this was from someone from Mexico. I'd totally get that they'd do things differently. (I doubt what I had was truly authentic, let alone how I heated it up.) However, this person wasn't from there, nor did they have a Mexican background. Secondly, non-melted shredded cheese can be great in tacos. It gives more of a fresh feel. Thirdly, I'll have my cheese however I want, thank you very much. It actually was slightly melted. (Side note: it was nice that they didn't absolutely smother it with cheese. It was a little on top.) It wasn't heated up quite enough, but it wasn't like I ate it cold. It was so weird. It's been getting a lot of likes since then. I blocked this person, but I think others can see the comment still. Makes me wonder if they commented back to them. I won't know, and that's ok. I also had a salted caramel ice cream cookie sandwich from the same place. I don't think it was made by them, but I do think it was also local. I cut it in half, since it was packed with calories. Thought it wouldn't be as satisfying, but it was just right. Dinner and dessert both made for some great leftovers the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment