Friday, December 20, 2019

22nd of Kislev

Today in Duolingo's Scottish Gaelic course, I finished the Days and Family 2 units. Got through a little of the Sport one. I'm 2 units away from the next checkpoint. There's apparently one section left, unless it expands suddenly after the 4th checkpoint. I'm at 8th place on the Amethyst League. Should be interesting where I end up at the end of the week again. 

I've been gathering more illustrated references for drawing Vincent throughout the week. Learning quite a bit just from going over them. Found some references for body proportions today. I might look up folds in fabric tomorrow. After that, I'll try to find examples of the clothes he wears. That should be fun. 

Edited the Cooking and Food chapter in my memoir. It's probably the shortest one. Only 4 pages of the ebook, and 5 pages of the print. Next one is on my family. 

On Monday and Tuesday, I cleaned out my ears. I tried the suggestion online about waiting longer than it says in the directions each time. Most were actually saying at least 30 minutes. So, that's how long I did it for. I think it got a lot more out than my usual. However, I never got it completely clear. I wanted to do it once a day for most of this week, but things kept popping up. I'll try to get back to it. They say some of the most compacted ears need around 4 days of that at a time for it to clear. (Usually twice a day, but I can only stand it once a day.) I think I hear better now, at least. 

Rosie had a routine lab work check-up yesterday. Supposed to be only blood work and a urine sample. However, we were at the clinic longer after I mentioned that she's been throwing up for about a week, several times a day, hasn't eaten since Tuesday afternoon, and seemed depressed and lethargic. So, they ran an emergency exam. They couldn't get a urine sample, because she was so dehydrated. She also was drooling profusely, which is another sign of dehydration, apparently. They injected her with a lot of fluids. They warned me that it was so much, it might look like she has a camel hump. Although, they said she was so dehydrated, it might absorb so fast, we wouldn't see that. I didn't notice something like that. They also injected an anti-nausea med into the same area, so it gets slowly absorbed like the fluids. They gave us a med that will boost her appetite. They warned me that it can do the same thing with humans (I really don't need an appetite boost), so I have to use gloves with it. I'm supposed put a 1 1/2" strip of it on a gloved finger, then put it in her ear. I'm not so sure she'd sit long enough for me to do that. She'll probably just flick it off, too. She seemed a lot more herself when she got home. 

After that, my parent and I were going to go to JJ's Fish House for dinner. Had to park a little ways from it. It was raining heavily. Turns out JJ's was closed, so we had to walk all the way back in the rain. I was close to being soaked by the time we got back to the car. Went to Elmer's instead. Not many people there, but at least it was open. I got one of their specials of the month: Prime Rib Eggs Benedict without mushrooms. I can't have a traditional eggs benedict, because of the ham. This one didn't have any, so I gave it a shot. It had an English muffin, caramelized onions, crispy strips of prime rib, poached eggs, chipotle hollandaise, and chives sprinkled on top. Came with hash browns. Really good stuff, filling, and interesting flavors. Felt comforting, which is what I needed after Rosie's appointment. Also, had their chocolate cake. They only have one dessert now, and it's not even on the menu. Used to have a cobbler in addition to the cake. That was amazing! Sad it's not there anymore. Anyways, the cake came with a line of whipped cream down the side and a small bowl filled with strawberry compote. I mostly just had the cake. It was really rich tasting and like fudge. 

Today, a little after noon, the vet clinic called to check in on Rosie. It was a little soon to ask, but nice of them. She seemed more herself today. Ate 7 out of the 9 pieces of her Greenies Dental Chews treats this morning. She needs them to help with her teeth. Usually gets 9 in the morning and 9 at night. That's recommended amount for a cat around her weight. They're tuna flavored, which both cats seem to prefer. They love it. She also had a couple of mouthfuls of her regular food right before the call. Not bad. I might not need to use that appetite stimulant med. They said that one of the blood test results indicated that she has internal bleeding. They wanted to take some x-rays to check. We're going to see how things go for a little while first. X-rays can be expensive, too. Maybe she just needs to heal on her own. Hopefully she feels better. 

Youtube:

Miira no Kaikata (How to Keep a Mummy):

Re:Creators:

Boku no (My) Hero Academia:

Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) (quite a few spoilers from the manga in both vids):

No comments:

Post a Comment