Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Caramel Apple Day!

Mood::iconberwaldplz:

I love caramel apples!:iconfeelingfullplz:I rarely have them, though. Not sure if I had one last year. The only downside to them is how messy they can get. At our local markets they have many different kinds with stuff put on top of the caramel. Sometimes the plain ones are the best. It's also Celebration of the Mind Day. The mind's pretty amazing and fascinating. Interesting that it has a day devoted to it. Plus, it's also Reptile Awareness Day. I think they're greatly misunderstood, so it's good there's a day to educate people about them.:iconhongkongplz:Yesterday was Lung Health Day. It's good that there's a day for this as well. Lung health's very important. I've experienced some issues in the past with mine, and it only makes you appreciate them all the more when they're back to being healthy.:iconthailandplz:

It's been abnormally warm for this time of year. I think I remember hearing that it's like 10 degrees warmer than average. I kind of want the cool fall weather I like so much. It's been pouring rain off and on, too. That's probably normal for us during this time of year, though.:iconhanatamagoplz:

On Sunday, we grabbed my contacts that came in at the mall. Apparently both eyes have the same prescription now. It's bizarre.:iconseychelles-plz:They were really surprised by how much my right eye has changed. At least I don't have to tell the difference between the boxes. Like which one is for my right or left eye. 

After that we went to Fuego. That place is pretty cool and has some hilarious stuff.:iconheroamericaplz:Always have liked going there. They always have special deals on jewelry. Last time I got some really long gold square ones with a fancy pattern on the inside of each square. (They're almost as long as my hair now. That's saying a lot...:iconusaplz:) They jingle a lot when I move my head. Haven't worn them that often, but they're fun. This time I wanted something unicorn related. Unicorns have a lot of meaning for me.:iconchibiaustriaplz:I used to hate unicorns, but now that there's so much meaning to them for me it's a different story. I found some silver unicorn earrings. The manes are pretty detailed, as well as the musculature. The horns look kind of stubby, but that's ok. They're pretty big too. So, at least they're noticeable. And, with the deal it went from almost $7 to almost $2. Pretty good deal.:iconeestiplz:

After that we went to a local breakfast place for dinner. I got their caramel apple French toast with scrambled eggs and apple chicken sausage. It was like heaven!:iconinloveplz:They had a pumpkin spiced latte as their seasonal drink. I decided to get that too. It was so good!:iconchibispainplz:All of that made for an amazing brunch the next day, too. At Safeway they have pumpkin spiced lattes in packets. So, I can make my own. I decided to get some of that too. I'm normally not into coffee type drinks, but this is really good stuff. Plus, I love when pumpkin is added to things in general.:iconawwwplz:

Wrote more of the 11th short story in my nightmare anthology. I now have a clear idea of how I want it to go at least. Almost done with it, if I follow that idea. Then I can start the 12th, and probably last, one. Yay!:iconranranruuplz:This current one's pretty gruesome. So that might be why I had somewhat of a hard time. Might be the most gruesome at that.

Played my clarinet. Did a lot of Irish tunes. Only fumbled a few times this time. I've actually been playing more often now, and I can tell I'm improving pretty quickly. It feels good. 
日本語
Studied the kanji: . The hiragana 'letter' (ka) is a descendant of this kanji. Kind of cool. Pronounced as (ka): addition, increase; (abbr) Canada (long version is: 加奈陀 or かなだ [kanada]). As 加える or くわ.える (kuwa.eru): to add, add up, sum up, append, annex; to increase, gather (e.g. speed), pick up; to include, count in, let join; to inflict (damage), deal, give. As 加わる or くわ.わる (kuwa.waru): to be added to, be appended; to join in (e.g. a group of friends), participate; to increase (e.g. heat), gain in (e.g. influence), grow, gather (speed); to be subject to (e.g. pressure). 加虐 or かぎゃく (kagyaku): causing pain, sadism, sadistic. 加減 or かげん (kagen): addition and subtraction; allowance for; degree, extent, measure; condition, state of health; seasoning, flavor, moderation, adjustment; influence (of the weather); chance. 加護 or かご (kago): divine protection, bless. 加工 or かこう (kakou): manufacturing, processing, treatment. 加算 or かさん (kasan): addition, adding, supplement. 加勢 or かせい (kasei): assistance, backing, reinforcements. 加点 or かてん (katen): addition of points, scoring. 加熱 or かねつ (kanetsu): heating, application of heat. 加筆 or かひつ (kahitsu): correction, improvement, revision. 

Practiced a bit on JapaneseClass' site. Did pretty well. Made it into the top 20 ranking for the day. Apparently I was doing so well that they threw in a lot of new words/kanji/phrases.:iconchibisitalyplz:I only get that when I get most of the 'old' ones right. 

There was another new Japanese commercial compilation vid on youtube. I love looking at those.:iconchibihungaryplz:They're usually biweekly, but sometimes the person who's behind the channel makes a bonus in between one. A vid full of the ones that they feel are the most bizarre and/or cool. This was one of those weeks. They're not subbed, so it gives me a chance to figure it out on my own. I get what they're saying most of the time. The only problem is when they speak super quickly, and sometimes when it's really slow. A lot of them were even more bizarre knowing what they were saying or what they were selling.:iconkikuplz: 

Wrote out more of that section of the You Maga article from last time. A lot of the kanji I knew without having to check them online. It was an interesting feeling. A lot of the ones I didn't know were either ones people learn at a higher grade level than what I'm currently at or weren't used that often. Not bad. The kanji for vomit is interesting and makes sense...:iconlietplz:I also did some sentence practice. 

Found a lot of interesting possible manga to read. It'll be nice to read some new ones.:iconfinallyplz:Finished Anagle Mole recently, so that freed up a spot for another one. Anagle Mole was awesome!:iconfrancisplz:Didn't really have an ending. It felt like they ended it with the possibility of a sequel of some sort. At least, what they made you believe until the last chapter wasn't true. (Trying to say it without spoiling too much.) So, that was a good thing. It seemed like a unique and interesting story. It'd be cool if they made it into an anime.:iconsleepygreeceplz:I'm thinking of dropping World Embryo. It's gotten kind of tiring. Things have been a bit slow for a while, too. It has a very interesting story too. 
Watched the 2nd Gintama movie called Gintama: Kanketsu-hen - Yorozuya yo Eien or Gintama (Silver Soul): The Final Chapter- Be Forever Yorozuya (Odd Jobs), Friday night. It was freaking awesome and epic!:iconlachoirplz:I definitely would recommend this to almost anyone. (Would not be good for little kids. Probably people in their late teens on would be best...) Even if anime's not your thing, it's worth it. The animation was great! Just like the anime, one minute you're laughing like crazy, and the next you're bawling your eyes out. Great fight scenes, and they managed to pile on the drama as well. I remember reading that this one was a totally original story that wasn't in the manga. All of the voice actors were amazing, too. Just like they were in the show. This was supposed to be Gintama's last hurrah. But, you never know with them, if they're coming back or not. But, it was certainly an amazing way to end it. With the show, it only got better and better with each episode. So, you can almost imagine how great it was after more than 250 episodes. By the way, you don't have to have watched the show in order to understand or get into the movie. But, it might hook you.

No comments:

Post a Comment