Tuesday, May 13, 2014

National Apple Pie Day!

Mood::iconthinkinghkplz:

Yay for apple pie!:dummy:I like Dutch apple pie a bit more than the regular, though. Yesterday was International Nurses Day. They definitely deserve a day, if not more. They deal with a lot of stuff. Most of the ones I've met have been amazing.

Last night I thought I'd make something with the smoked kippers in a tin we still had from a while ago. I mashed it up a bit, added marinara sauce, a lot more garlic, and some of the frozen basil cubes to it. I don't use those cubes too often, so it was kind of fun.:iconheroamericaplz:And, it tastes fresh. And, what could be bad about adding more garlic? I love the stuff.:iconinloveplz:I could probably try to eat the whole jar we have of it raw, but that might not be good for me.:icontinoplz:It was over rotini. It was so good!:iconfrancisplz:And, Dad liked it too! Yay! I love to experiment with things. 

Had fun going to that social group again last Saturday. There were so many people with our group at the cafe that there wasn't enough chairs, and the tables weren't long enough. I kind of like to see that, though.:iconchibinitalyplz:I got a raspberry scone and some iced chai while I was there for lunch. It was really good.:iconitalyplz:I like that they actually asked me if I wanted the chai to be sweet or spicy. Most places don't give you an option. I chose the sweet one. Sweet chai tastes more 'rounded' to me. It has the spices, but it's not overwhelming.:iconsleepygreeceplz:It was nice to chat with people. Hope to go to more of them in the future.:la:

After that, Dad had an appointment. I went with her, and since it was Shabbat I decided to read the parsha (Torah portion for the week), the haftarah (weekly portion from the Neviim or book of Prophets, it's usually read after the parsha and tends to relate to it in some way), and some psalms. I'm thinking of getting back into reading them.:iconberwaldplz:It was interesting. The parsha was on the Sabbatical and Jubilee years. Some of the psalms I read were rather negative and somewhat depressing. (Like saying their only food is ashes, and the only thing they have to drink is tears.) But, there were a couple that were much lighter. All of them were pretty heavy in imagery. Very interesting. It's been an even longer time since I've read some psalms.

After her appointment, we went to Red Robin in that area for an early dinner. We decided to sit in the lounge/bar area. I wasn't carded this time!:iconyayhanatamagoplz:Although, I think they overheard our conversation about it, and we were the furthest away from the bar.:iconswissplz:I brought my ID like I normally would when we go out for the entire day. So, just in case if they did card me, it was there for me. I got their fish burger. It's kind of like their fish and chips, only burger form. (The fish is cod.) Same sort of fish with cabbage, pickles, tomatoes, carrots (I think), their tartar sauce (which has dill in it) on a regular bun. Like the rest of their burgers, it comes with fries. It was really huge, but really good, too.:iconchibispainplz:I had the whole thing this time, because I noticed I didn't eat enough during the week, and basically burned out last Friday. Had horrible headaches, my jaw was hurting, and my eyes were twitching.:iconlietplz:I also heard that it's actually healthier to have at least one meal a week that's big. I don't remember the details as to why that would be healthier, but it certainly made me feel better. (Might have something to do with revving your metabolism up, I think.) I was a little too full afterwards, though.:iconfeelingfullplz: 

After eating, we went to the mall that was in the same plaza. It's pretty big. Dad was searching for 2 maxi dresses and one of those purse backpack things. She got a maxi skirt and a maxi dress. Nothing on the backpack. Not bad, though. This mall has more of my 'style'. Our local mall seems to only be one style, and that's usually not what I'm really into.:iconohboyamericaplz:At this one, no matter what store we went into, I saw lots of things that interested me. That's rare at our mall. I would have tried on some things, but we were getting tired. (And, I was still very full.) I also need to get some new sneakers. I'm wearing out the soles in the ones I currently use, plus lots of holes are starting to form at the toe areas. The paint is flaking off, too. I think I've had these for at least 4 years. That's a long time.:iconusaplz: 

Mother's Day is strange for me now. Since my mom passed away 2 years ago on May 1st, it's hard to celebrate Mother's Day. I want to take back Mother's Day and Father's Day and reclaim it as Parents Day. There shouldn't be a binary for it.:iconhongkongplz:And, why not still keep it for 2 days? There are parents that might not feel comfortable with either, and their kids might feel that they're different anyways. Especially for 'adult' kids. Who knew later in life, and feel uncomfortable as to having them as either. Like they'll put their parent down in some way. 'Parents' encompasses them all. Oh well. We went to Dairy Queen, and I got their confetti cake blizzard in a chocolate dipped waffle cone. It was so good! I'm glad they're putting blizzard flavors in waffle cones, too. We wanted to go to Bloedel Reserve, but it was too late for it that day.:iconseychelles-plz:So, we went to the market. Dad made a quail dish for dinner. I think I've had quail one other time, but it was a very long time ago. It was pretty good. They have really long legs. Kind of surprised me.:iconchibigilbertplz: 

Decided to put nail polish on. I haven't done that in a long time. This time it's 'electric blue'. Kind of a fun color.:iconchibihungaryplz:I like fun/cool colors. Regular red can be boring at times. I think I might get back into my makeup, too. It makes me feel even better, and is a nice confidence boost.:iconthailandplz:

In Rurouni Kenshin it reminded me a great deal of Gintama. I know Gintama was into parodies, but didn't realize how much it seemed to parody this show. Even the basic plot seems somewhat similar. Very interesting. Doesn't mean I like Gintama any less. Especially because their whole spiel was on parodies. Katsu in Kenshin is very much like Katsura. Right down to preferring to use bombs in combat. He also wants to overthrow the government. Sanosuke and Katsu have a similar past to Gintoki and Katsura. Even their teacher is similar. They don't look the same, but they certainly went through similar things. Kenshin also has many of the traits that Gintoki had. Only Gintoki was a lot funnier than either Sanosuke or Kenshin. Katsura was funnier than Katsu as well. But, Gintama was really into the comedy side of things. But, the seriousness at times was similar. I'm noticing these similarities even more. Although, it seemed kind of subtle at first. 
In Pandora Hearts, Break is easily beating the Cheshire cat. Break wanted to draw him into his own memories. Memories that Cheshire is terrified of. It caught him off guard, and gave Break the advantage. Break eventually calls out his chain called the Mad Hatter. (Vincent's in the pic, and his is the sleepy mouse in the story of Alice in Wonderland. He acts a lot like it, too. Same with Break and the Mad Hatter.) Oz and Gil meet Jack finally. He's barely alive through Alice's memories. Basically the only memory that she has tried to blocked out entirely. Somehow he's able to move about by his own freewill. I think I remember that Jack's 'spirit' somehow gets absorbed into Oz later. Oz went off to find Alice before she gets swallowed up by the Will of the Abyss and her own memories. As he's trying to find her, he stumbles upon Jack's memories. Pandora Hearts as a whole is a very interesting story. I think this is kind of getting close towards the ending of the anime. And, yet the manga is still ongoing. It's been going since 2006. The anime aired in 2009. Should be interesting to see what happens after the anime ended. I've heard it ended differently than what has happened in the manga. Some shows get ahead of the manga, and make their own ending. That can be interesting in itself. I think there's a lot less side stuff in the manga version. It's progressing pretty quickly. And, I'm far from halfway through. So a lot more happens. Not really sure why they stopped the anime.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:It was pretty popular.

Wrote more of the 8th short story to my nightmare anthology. It's getting really interesting. I should be a bit disgusted or disturbed by it, but this one seems kind of fun to write...

Played my clarinet. Did a lot of Irish tunes. Sounded pretty good this time. I think I'm finally getting used to the new reeds.:iconchibiamericaplz:I think I was playing the old ones for so long, I ended up thinning them out. So, they might not have ended up being a size 3. It feels good to get back to that size, though. It sounds better, and the higher notes can be easier to play (at least that's the way it is for me). 
日本語
Studied the kanji: . If pronounced as 問い or と.い (to.i): question, query. As もん (mon): (suf, ctr) counter for questions. As 問う or と.う (to.u): to ask, question, inquire; to charge (i.e. with a crime), accuse; to care (about); without regard to (with negative verb). It's sometimes pronounced as とん (ton) in compounds, but isn't pronounced this way by itself. 問題 or もんだい (mondai): question (e.g. on a test), problem; problem (e.g. societal, political), question, issue, subject (e.g. of research), case, matter; question (i.e. doubt); public discussion, controversy; trouble, problem, inconvenience, difficulty. 学問 or がくもん (gakumon): scholarship, study, learning. 

I decided to scrap the drawing project that I was going to do. I never really started it, and it seemed a bit difficult to motivate myself to do it.:iconnataliaplz:So, I came up with a different project. This one is on drawing out my characters' clothes, accessories, and extra body stuff like tails and horns. I might add in drawing their eyes and hairstyles. This way I can get a feel for their clothing designs, and how they look as a whole. I'm thinking of coloring it when I'm done. Yay!:iconranranruuplz:I'll get to use my 'new' coloring stuff! I've already drawn a few of the characters' stuff. Looks interesting. The only problem I'm finding is that I tend to draw really small.:iconhanatamagoplz:I have to make somewhat of an effort to make it bigger. It's kind of the same way with my writing. It's gotten smaller over the years. Pretty soon it might just look like dots with long tails or something. I have kind of weird handwriting to begin with.:iconpolandplz:Anyways, I'm trying to draw things big enough so I could really see them. The only thing I don't really like drawing is shoes, but I can practice with it, too. I also edited more of the exaggerated expressions meme that features Junko from my story. It might take a little while to complete the editing part.:iconwtfromanoplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment