Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pecan Day!

Mood::iconchibiamericaplz:

Yay for pecans! (This was yesterday.) One of my fave nuts!:la:(The other one being walnuts.) They're amazing. Taste great, and are very nutritious. I like them by themselves or in something like pecan pie. Yesterday was also Waffle Day. Waffles are awesome too! Actually pecans and waffles tend to be great together. Interesting. It's Spinach Day today. I love spinach! There are so many different ways to eat it.

Well, I managed to do my evening sit-ups Monday night. Forgot about the morning ones for yesterday, but remembered to do the evening ones. Didn't go for a walk on Monday or Tuesday.:iconkikuplz:So far today I've done my morning sit-ups and walk. Hopefully I can get my second walk in for the day in addition to my evening sit-ups!:iconberwaldplz:It felt good to do the morning 2-mile walk, even though it was drizzling outside. On Monday, I decided to launder all of my bedding including my normal stuff, so I had a bit more exercise than usual with that. It took a while to get everything done, so I went to bed later than I wanted to. Took a while to fall asleep, and since everything was clean, once I was asleep I was totally out like a light.:icononionlullabyplz:I barely noticed my alarm going off Tuesday morning. I only got up to turn it off and go to the bathroom, but came back and went to bed. I was kind of in a zombie-like state during that.:iconseychelles-plz:So, I ended up sleeping in more than I wanted to, as well. Couldn't sleep very well last night, but managed to get up a bit earlier than yesterday.

Also, something someone said on facebook got to me. I know it had nothing to do with me, but it seemed awfully rude and condescending. She's someone that even in high school seemed to think she knew everything. (Especially everything to do with English grammar, music, and science.) She can be a nice person, but occasionally she pulls stuff like this. She said something to the effect of: "It's sad when people don't understand how to use *blank* properly in English." I don't even remember what kind of thing she referenced. But, it seemed kind of mocking and harsh.:iconinsultedplz:(She even commented later in a joking manner about it.) I know she studied a bit of linguistics in college, but she could just help the person instead of air it on fb in kind of a weird way. There were a lot of other friends of hers who are writers who asked if it was them she was referring to. Plus, there's the thing about a writer's voice or artistic license that could invalidate what she said. Unless it was in someone's status or something, and even then...:icongermanyplz:Anyways, I don't need that kind of negativity, even if it's not at me. So, I defriended her. She rarely posted stuff like that, but again I don't want to see that kind of thing again. You can have your own opinion about stuff, but if it's in a mocking or in a higher than thou attitude, I'm sorry I'm not sticking around for that.:iconhongkongplz:

Watched the season finale of Log Horizon on Monday. It didn't truly feel like a finale. In fact, it seemed like they were just starting a new story arc. They said at the very end after the credits that they'll be back for a 2nd season in fall 2014. That's a ways away, but at least they are letting us know that it will continue. Most shows leave that up in the air. It was a very good show. Drew me in within the first episode.:iconchibinitalyplz: 

I'm actually thinking of dropping Tokyo Ravens, which is supposed to have its last episode today. I'm behind on it though. It seemed exciting at the beginning, but its kind of grown stale. The main character has yet to improve (although I do like his personality), Kon is cute but hasn't really done much, can't really tell anymore who's 'good' or 'evil' (in some shows that's a good thing, but it's weird in this one), etc. I might try one more episode before I drop it, though.:iconsighingplz:

Watched the first 2 parts of a 5-part documentary called The Story of the Jews, last night. It was much better than I expected.:iconheroamericaplz:It's not only about our history, but our religion and culture. Simon Schama, who's a historian and hosts/narrates it, is Jewish himself. (He also wrote the book with the same title.) So, it's good to see someone who is Jewish covering Jewish history and culture.:iconyayhanatamagoplz:It was a very personal 'journey' for him. I don't usually care too much for documentaries, but this was well done. Occasionally, the visuals were a bit trippy, but I'd rather have that than emptiness. He seemed very emotional by the end of the 2nd part. But, a lot of heavy stuff happened. Mainly, about the Spanish Inquisition and England expelling the Jews. (He's from England, so it also hits closer to home for him.) He also touched on one of the ghettos in Venice. Since he also has an art background, he made it a point to cover a lot of it, which was great. It was also kind of more about the Jewish identity itself. What makes us Jewish? Or, what does it mean to be a Jew? Both questions have been popular with various Jewish media outlets lately. (Mainly because of a recent national survey about Jews in America. Some were surprised by it, and think we need to rethink things.) He's been answering it very eloquently. Next Tuesday, they'll show the last 3 parts. 3 hours worth of it. Sounds a bit long...:iconwtfukplz:It's kind of fun to watch, though.

Yesterday, I wrote more of the 7th short story to my nightmare anthology. Not sure where it's going, but its been interesting. Played my clarinet. Did some Irish tunes. Felt good to play again. Wasn't very interested in playing it while I was sick, so its been a while.:icontinoplz:Sounded pretty good despite this. 

Finished the drawing meme on exaggerated expressions. Not sure if I'm entirely happy with how Junko's expressions turned out, but they aren't bad. Next, I'll scan it and edit it a bit in Photoshop. Then, put the drawings to the meme itself, and post it to deviantART. It won't take very long. Kind of debating whether I should color it, though.:iconchibiaustriaplz:Maybe after I'm done with it, I can make another one that's colored in. Should be interesting.

Yesterday I retook some of the kanji chapter tests on JapaneseClass' site. My overall grade is going up. Yay!:iconfrancisplz:Trying to get 100% on all of the tests. So far so good. I made it to the 6th spot for the top 20 rankings for the day. Not bad. Oh, and apparently with the oblivion lists it starts back up if you haven't covered some of the kanji/vocab in the last month. Unlike the 3 months I thought it was. So, my oblivion lists have picked up again...But, with going over the old tests, I'm covering the older kanji as well. So, they're being eliminated as I go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment