Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Oatmeal Cookie Day!

Mood::iconchibiaustriaplz:

This was actually yesterday, but I love oatmeal cookies! They're great with chocolate chips, raisins, or just plain. I've had cowboy cookies which have a lot more stuff packed in. They're good too. But, sometimes the basic ones are the best.:iconfabulous-hongkong:

Hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day. It's more of a cultural day for me. I played some Irish tunes on my clarinet. Then, made corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes for dinner. Got some soda bread to accompany it. I boiled the corned beef and vegetables for 4 hours. The smell was awesome!:iconsleepygreeceplz:It was a big chunk of meat. Although, when I took it out, there was a huge layer of fat on the underside. Made it difficult to cut, and a bit gross to look at. (Kind of looked like a jelly by then, and it was tough.:iconwtfukplz:) But, there was still plenty of meat left. The whole thing might be good for at least 2 more meals. I love soda bread, and kind of wish it was sold year-round. It has kind of a unique flavor, and not everyone likes it.:icontinoplz:

I've been sick for a week.It didn't get bad until around Friday. Before that I just had a really scratchy throat and my sinuses were on fire. It progressed to a very runny nose, scratchy throat at times, coughing (one night I couldn't stop the coughing fits, even with cough drops), being lightheaded, nauseous at times, achy all over my body (like I had been run over by a truck), sleepy, etc. (I still can't seem to breathe very well, and occasionally cough.) It was so bad on Sunday, I decided not to go to the Purim party I was hoping to go to.:iconpolandplz:It sounded like it would have been really fun, too. I didn't even dress up in a costume or something 'festive' at home. Just wore my pajamas. 

The next day, I decided to wear what I would've worn for Purim. Just to make myself feel better. I wore tights for the first time in a very long time. (I don't even remember the last time I wore them.:iconusaplz:Maybe in my early teens?) These were black, and looked nice and sleek. Felt great. Kind of silky smooth.:iconchibihungaryplz:I had forgotten how they felt. I thought for a long time that I was too 'big' for them. Well, I have lost a lot of weight, but I probably could have still worn them. My legs are very muscular (which I love), so no matter how much I'll lose, they will still probably be somewhat 'balky'. I also wore my old black skirt with the white trim, my new-ish gold thread/taupe colored sweater, a necklace that has my first and middle name in Hebrew (the letters are in black and on wooden looking cubes with a couple of gold/brassy looking beads in between, all on a black thick string), and my gold and purple earrings. Wore my fluffy red slippers with the whole thing. So, at least I was comfortable, and looked nice.:iconheroamericaplz:Didn't have any green on, though. Oh well...

I decided to start a support thread on Gaia. It's for KoTs/AKoTs or Kids of Trans/Adult Kids of Trans. I actually called it People Who Have Trans Parents Support Thread, since I didn't want people to be confused. Had a few trolls pop in. I tried to combat them at first, but they became nastier towards me.:iconnataliaplz:Eventually, one of the posters told me about a way to ban them from it. If you put someone on your ignore list, their posts disappear from your threads. They also can't see them or your posts. I tried to report some of their posts, but you can only report so many posts on a page, and even then it's iffy that a mod would take care of it. Wish you can actually ban them from the site or something. I've seen these people in various other threads. And, a lot of the time the next time I look at those threads, their posts are gone. So, they go away for everyone in that thread. I'm noticing that those same trolls are trying to make their own threads now. Probably because they can't see, and/or post in most of them. Hopefully, one of the mods will find them and do something about it. But, in the meantime, they won't bother my thread anymore. We don't need hate, especially in a support thread.:icongermanyplz: 

There was one person who seemed close to being a troll, but I felt he was really just ignorant. He didn't say anything particularly hateful. Although, it was somewhat insulting. Another person tried to correct him, but he never came back to the thread. Found someone whose partner is a trans man. She said they have a 9 month old, and are planning for another baby. She was curious about my situation, since it'll be different than their children's. So, that was interesting. Another person said that her brother is trans, and couldn't imagine what it'd be like to have a parent who is. That was interesting, too. So far, no one who has a trans parent has posted. (Maybe I really am a 'unicorn'...:iconseychelles-plz:) After I 'ignored' the trolls, the thread has become somewhat quiet. Maybe it'll become active again during the weekend. 

I got my meds last Wednesday. I feel a lot better now. I did get a response from the pharmacy, but it was I think on Friday or Saturday. They basically told me: "Well, that's what your doctor ordered." I looked at who ok'd the refill, and it's not my current doctor or even the psychiatrist I had before (she moved back to Hawaii). It was someone unknown to me.:iconbraginskiplz:I was only given a month's worth, but it said on the label that they have ok'd me for 1 more refill. Well, I'll bring this up with my new doctor. Hopefully, I can get them to talk to her if there's a problem, and get my refills through her. I also have to get my IUD replaced. Which I'm sooo excited about...:iconhanatamagoplz:Last time I was knocked out, but I think I can at least try it this way. It keeps me from hemorrhaging every month, and regulates my 'friend'. It's been out of whack lately. I also need my annual check up. So, there's quite a lot I need to go over with her. I need to make that appointment...:iconswissplz:

Last night, I went to the support group meeting. There was a pretty good turn out. There's a new ally, which is great. So, now there's a handful of us. Had an interesting discussion. Went to Shari's afterwards. I got some scrambled eggs with cheese, and their fruit plate. The eggs were good, although the cheese wasn't melted all the way. They added oranges to their fruit plate. So, now it's slices of honeydew melon, grapes, and the oranges. It was pretty good, too.
:iconfrancisplz: 

The new ally that was there apparently thought I was much younger than I am. While we were at Shari's, he asked my dad, "So, how old is your little one?" Then, pointed towards me. Little one?:iconlaughingplz:That was kind of funny. I told him how old I was, and he was surprised because I'm 3 years older than him. He said it was my voice and face. Now, mind you, I'm still trying to get over this cold, so my voice sounds a bit weird right now. I'm not sure if my face really looks that young.:iconsighingplz:Almost everyone I talk to is surprised by my age. I still get some people who think I look 14.:iconlietplz:It's almost on the verge of insulting now. Some people don't take me as seriously because of how much younger I look. And, being called 'little one' seemed slightly insulting. Not entirely, but getting there. I know some people who would love to look younger, they feel like they haven't aged well, and then they say they're envious of me. I would just like to look at least closer to my age.:iconwtfromanoplz:Although, it might be because I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol, don't have very much caffeine, don't wear makeup all that often, and try to keep myself generally healthy. Oh, and someone made me feel kind of bad, but I know they were slightly upset about something. So, I shouldn't let it get to me. 
Started watching D.Gray-man on Saturday. I think I remember trying it a long time ago, but only got through 1 or 2 episodes. I think those were actually shown at our anime club in college. It was kind of like a teaser to see if anybody wanted to watch it. I was into other shows at the time, so I didn't continue it. Towards the end of the 19th century, Allen Walker officially joins the organization of exorcists, Black Order, that destroy the beings known as Akuma; mechanical weapons made by the Millennium Earl with the suffering souls of the dead. (Akuma literally means devil, evil spirit, or demon.) Allen has both a cursed eye and an anti-Akuma weapon as an arm, bearing the ancient power of 'Innocence'. Allen, along with his fellow exorcists must put a stop to the Millennium Earl's plan to destroy humanity. The manga began in 2004, and is apparently still ongoing. The anime began in 2006, and ended in 2008. It has about as many episodes as Hitman Reborn did, which is quite a lot. (103 episodes.) Not sure if it'll keep my interest for that long, but we'll see.
Started watching Watashi no Kirai na Tantei on Monday. It loosely translates to I Hate My Detective. Akemi Ninomiya is a hardcore mystery fan. Although she's only a college student, she's very wealthy and owns a building. Private detective Morio Ukai prefers tracking down lost pets and solving adultery cases for wealthy clients, rather than murder cases which usually bring in little money. Akemi rents out an apartment at a cheap price to Morio, and with a little more bribing, he's 'persuaded' into solving cases with her. It's based on a novel. The main characters are played by actors I really like, so that's a plus already. The last memorable one I saw with Hiroshi Tamaki (who plays Morio) as a main character was Nodame Cantabile. That was a while ago. He was awesome in it. Now he looks quite a bit older. A slightly different character, too, which is good. Ayame Gouriki (who plays Akemi) played one of the main characters in Mirai Nikki or Future Diary, and was in Asuko March. I think she's better in this show so far.
On Monday, I went back to reading Hiiro Ouji or Scarlet Prince. They finally had some updates for it. I think they only have a few more chapters up, but it's better than nothing. They went to Akira Okamoto's house to check out a room they might use for the class' Christmas party. He lives in a huge mansion that's been in the family for generations. While planning the party there, Kubo was asked about what sort of games should they have. He suggested a scavenger hunt, and they agreed on it. Later, Kubo had wandered off on his own. When they found him, he had apparently lost something. So everyone considered it as a warm up for the actual scavenger hunt, and searched for it. They searched all over. The one place that hadn't been looked at was the hallway to Okamoto's older brother's room. He likes to keep the hallway dark, made his own coffin bed, and is into watching vampire-themed anime and reading vampire-themed manga. Sounds a lot more like what Mana imagines vampires to be. (Besides the watching anime and manga part. Apparently, Okamoto's entire family is into stuff like that.) A lot different than Okamoto. Still don't know if his brother gets blood donations from hospitals like he does, instead of attacking people. Mana decides to go down that hallway, and bumps into Okamoto's older brother. Should be interesting to see what he's like. 

Wrote some more of the 7th short story to my nightmare anthology. This one should be interesting, since it was an incredibly long dream, and it's a more recent one. It's also one of the trippiest.:iconhongkong-wantsursoul:Played some Irish tunes on Monday. Very fitting for the holiday...Was pretty good this time. Also, finished up the writing meme, and posted it on dA. Here it is: Random OC Meme of Randomness Someone's faved it, and there's a lot of views. A lot people when it comes to literature on there tend to read it, and move on. They don't seem to fave lit. too often. Many writers have brought this up on dA's facebook page. And, they don't stick around much to read stuff that isn't meme related. Writer's have given ideas about how to make lit. more exciting on the site, and many times dA has said they'll look into it.:iconkikuplz:Well, I'm only posting writing memes in terms of lit. now.

Practiced/quizzed myself on kanji/vocab on JapaneseClass' site. I've made it to the day's top 20 a few times in the last few days.:iconberwaldplz:Also, got a friend request. Maybe we can study together, challenge each other, etc. That would be cool. I seem to be getting even better on there. Started typing out the next paragraph for me to translate from an article in You Maga. This one has to do with middle ear inflammation. Oh joy!:iconyaykumajiroplz:Sounds fun. But, it is interesting to read about some of this stuff. 

Oh, I finally talked with one of our neighbors that recently moved in next door. We went to the same elementary school up through high school. So, it's a bit interesting. I think her husband went to the same high school too, but I don't really remember him.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Her husband had asked me about the property lines, I had asked Dad about it that night, and then decided to tell them about where it was the next day. She said it was great to know about it so quickly. They're going to put a fence up, so their dog can run around. They didn't want to accidentally do something that was really on our property. They sawed a lot of trees down in their backyard on Monday. So, it was very noisy and looked kind of messy. Apparently they have an outdoor cat that likes to travel around the neighborhood. It's already been in a fight. He looks unique because of his curved tail. He's also 15 pounds. So, he's huge.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:Not fat, just really long and proportions are bigger than usual. He scared Rosie the last few times I saw him in our backyard. Rosie is the usual size for a cat, maybe slightly pudgy looking. (Although, that's misleading because she's incredibly muscular.) Weighs around 10 pounds. Our neighbors also have 2 kids, who seemed to want to join in on the conversation. They were cute, but I could tell that they were a handful.:iconrelievedplz:So, it was a very nice chat. She said that she's usually home and if I need anything, she'd help. Cool. I'm still debating whether I should friend her on Facebook, and maybe she's doing the same thing because I haven't had a friend request from her...Kind of funny in a way.:iconchibicanadaplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment