Sunday, July 11, 2010

One Evening

Mood::iconberwaldplz:


By Feist. Not one of my top faves, but it's pretty good. :icontinoplz: I like a lot of Feist's songs. This one has a nice relaxing sound. I'm going to try and get some more songs for my playlist later! I really don't have many. It's only about 1% full. :icongermanyplz:





I didn't post on Friday, because of how hot it was. Around 94 or 95 degrees. Didn't want to be on the computer for too long. Radiates too much heat, and it's bad for it. :iconhongkongplz: (By the way, we broke 2 or 3 record highs.) Today's cold compared to how hot we were.:iconbrothercanadaplz: It's mostly been hovering around 69 to 72. Big difference! Tomorrow's expected to be a little cooler. :iconlietplz:Then, we finally get some normal temps. Can't wait! I wonder if this means our summer's going to be unbearably hot later? Hope not. :iconchibilithuaniaplz:


I started a new anime on Friday called Shiki. It really is new, debuting the day before. Very interesting so far. :iconchibicanadaplz: Feels like a very unique or original story. Animation's great, and there's a lot of detail in the background. The only part I didn't like was the character Megumi. :iconswissplz: She was like a really annoying brat. But, luckily she was killed off. (Sorry, if that sounds horrible, but I really didn't like her.) It's about a town that's recently been having a string of mysterious deaths. Most of the police are saying that they were all 'natural'. After the death of Megumi, people are starting to suspect things. Meanwhile, there's a new family moving in to a European-style house on the outskirts of town. They seem a bit mysterious too. Megumi's dreams were a bit trippy. :iconspainplz:The rest of the characters are very interesting. The author who wrote the novel also created Ghost Hunt. Ghost Hunt was awesome!:iconheroamericaplz: So, I expect this one to be almost as good if not better. We'll see! :iconusaplz:


Went to Shabbat services yesterday. This time it was led by our cantor and someone else chanted the Torah portions. I haven't seen him for a while, so it was a little weird to have him chant. :iconwtfromanoplz: He was one of my Hebrew teachers in Sunday school. Barely ever comes to things. He sometimes comes for the high holidays, that's about it. :iconnataliaplz: But, it was still nice. We barely hit a minyan, yet again. I liked our cantor's talk at the end. A lot more interactive. :iconchibiamericaplz:The portions (yes there were 2 this time) were interesting too. I actually read the whole thing during the week! :iconyaykumajiroplz: It was the end of Numbers. Next week's the start of Deuteronomy. It outlined where the 12 tribes will be living in Israel. Also where the boundaries were for all of Israel. Very interesting. :iconchibisitalyplz: Our cantor printed off what Israel would have looked like according to the portion. It was also about what to do with murderers and people who accidentally killed others. There's a little thing about Aaron dying too. Kind of sad he didn't get more than a few lines. :iconkikuplz:It was also the first time I wore a kippah. :iconchibifinlandplz:I always thought it was such a guy's thing. Since, it used to be only the men who wore kippot and tallitot. It's like a circular cap or hat. Most people translate it as a skullcap, but I find that sounds weird. They come in all sorts of sizes, designs, and colors. The one I wore, was from the Bar Mitzvah last week. They were giving them out. It's a red leather one with a guitar pattern. Thought it was cool. :iconeduardplz: I find it funny that to show respect we put a hat on, but for others they take their hat off. :iconthailandplz:I later said a shehechiyanu. It's a blessing over things that you experience for the first time. Can be anything from the first time having a certain fruit to first time visiting a place. Anything that's new to you. It's basically about being thankful that you were able to experience it. :iconsleepygreeceplz: The Bar Mitzvah boy was at the service too. He seemed incredibly nervous. I guess that's to be expected, but he should relax. Especially, because he's done with it. 


We watched a movie called Julie and Julia. It's about a fan of Julia Child who decides to do all of the recipes in Julia's cookbook, within a year. She blogs about all of them too. Also, about Julia's life and how she became a cook. This was based on 2 true stories. There really was a Julie who did this. After finishing the year, she wrote a novel about it, and the movie's an adaptation of it. I like to cook, so this was interesting. Julia Child was a big fan of French cooking, so it was interesting to see her make the food and interact with people from there. Good movie overall. :iconfrancisplz:


I decided that I'm going to cook a lot more. :iconberwaldplz: I was already thinking of doing so before watching the movie, honest. :iconraivisplz:So, I cooked some rice last night to use for later. I used half of it for my onigiri today. (Rice balls.) I'm still experimenting with different fillings. :iconchibiaustriaplz:This time I used hard salami for one, olive salad for another, and marion blackberry jam for another. All of them were very good. :iconchibispainplz:The jam was like a dessert one. Then, I had a spinach salad with a sesame seed based dressing. (Really a vinaigrette.) Very tasty stuff! :iconhungaryplz: Then, I went through some possible dishes I could make from my Japanese cookbooks. Came up with a pretty hefty list. I'm going to try and cook more with miso, since I have so much. :iconswissplz:Might look at stuff online, too. Of course, I might make some different cuisines every once in a while. Probably from these cuisines to start off with: Jewish/Israeli, Italian, and Spanish. Should be a lot of fun! :dummy:


Oh, congratulations to Spain for winning the World Cup! :iconyaykumajiroplz: Paul was eerily right! :iconitalyishorrifiedplz: I've heard that octopus is getting death threats from around the world. Poor thing! :iconamericasadchibiplz:


deviantART faves: Have You Heard? StupidFox- 33 China's Tea APH- de Paris, avec amour Gintoki What Are They Doing Here? Hetalia World Cup I did not make these! First, a comic about Germany and Prussia's revenge on Paul. So sad! Second, a funny update on the StupidFox comic. So many foxes! Third, a funny comic about what England did to China's tea after trying it. Fourth, an awesome drawing of France from Hetalia with the Eiffel Tower in the background. It was drawn for Bastille Day or France's Birthday. Fifth, a very cute drawing of Gintoki from Gintama. He's a chibi and holding a piece of candy that's almost bigger than he is. Sixth, an amazing drawing of a few Hetalia characters. (12 of them.) They're visiting Germany's place, and he seems to be the only one not pleased with it. Each character has a different expression. And, you could tell the artist worked hard on it. She said she had problems drawing the piano, but I think it came out awesomely! She's now on my watchlist. Seventh, a comic about predicting the results of the World Cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment