Friday, April 25, 2014

World Penguin Day!

Mood:

Yay for penguins!:iconyayhanatamagoplz:They definitely deserve to be celebrated. Not sure how people would celebrate them, unless they go to a zoo or something. They're fascinating creatures, not to mention most people think they're cute.

Yesterday was really weird.:icongermanyplz:The power company told us they were going to have a planned power outage. Mainly so that their customers and crew would be safe while they work on the power grid to make it better. They said to expect it from anytime during 8am and 4pm, and that it'd be out for roughly 3 hours. I thought ok, I'll just plan for that entire time not to be on my computer or any other electronics. It went out for about 10 minutes during the morning, and then again at around 3:45 which was just before I left for my final walk. When I got home it was back on. So, in total it wasn't out for very long at all. I was a little miffed by that, although it was good that it wasn't out for long.:icontinoplz:It's also good to occasionally go totally off the grid, so to speak. 

I wrote out on paper the beginning of the 8th story of my nightmare anthology. I can write pretty quickly, but my brain was coming up with ideas even quicker. Kind of hurt my hand a bit. Although, I think I wrote more than I usually type out in Word. Which was kind of cool.:iconheroamericaplz:I might have to do that more often. This one's also starting quite a bit differently than the actual nightmare it's based on. Although, it's kind of a recurring theme in some of my nightmares, so I guess it could still fit. I'll be going through different situations in my nightmares, and these 'themes' and/or similar 'people' will pop out. It's weird. Kind of like my mind is using recycled nightmare stuff and putting it into a new one.:iconkikuplz:Doesn't happen too often, but often enough that I notice it. (I didn't have them in the previous stories.) I wonder if my subconscious is trying to tell me something. But, it's too weird to figure out...:iconspainplz:

Played my clarinet for an hour downstairs yesterday. Found a pretty good spot to play, and there may have been more light there than in my bedroom normally. Rosie decided to stare intensely at me in a nearby chair.:iconseychelles-plz:I felt a little uneasy, because she was more at eye level with me this time. I think she was also trying to figure out why I was doing it there, and not in my room. She seemed to enjoy it, at least. I did a lot more Irish tunes, and some Klezmer ones. Sounded pretty good most of the time. 

I reviewed the kanji and . Went over their verb forms, as well. There are quite a lot of them, and it kind of hurt my hand, too. But, it was good to see them written out.:iconberwaldplz:Then, I decided to go over grammar and sentence structure by using them in sentences. My grammar book helped a lot with that. 

Also, read more of the American Jewish Folklore book. It went over transliterations of Yiddish words and their meanings. I have kind of a hard time reading transliterations. Especially for Hebrew. There are a lot of different ways to transliterate them, but looking at the Hebrew with vowels I get it right away. The transliteration confuses me sometimes. I guess I'm just so used to reading Hebrew...:iconchibiaustriaplz:(First started learning it when I was about 7. I can read it fluently with the vowels, say it out loud pretty well, but might only know the meaning of half of it at best.) It might have been better if they had something like what it would look like with Hebrew letters off to the side. (Which is what Yiddish uses.) They gave examples of common Yiddish curses, as well. They are known for being quite colorful with that.:iconenglandispervyplz:

At the end of my last walk yesterday, there was kind of a suspicious person who was taking pics of, what I'm assuming, is our house (the neighbors' kids were out as well) as she stopped at the stop sign in front of our house and then pulled up into our driveway.:iconusaplz:The first thought I had was that person was taking pics of our neighbors' kids, which is freaky enough. They were playing really close to our driveway. I thought it was rude for people to park in our driveway, unless we're expecting them or they're a friend. Most people that go door to door for something usually park on the side of the street. I was going to try and ignore her as I headed inside after I got the mail. But, no such luck.:iconohboyamericaplz:She said: "Excuse me, are you (my parent's name)?" Not knowing what this was about and tired, I just said I live with her. She immediately said: "So you're roommates?" But, didn't give me time to answer that. She seemed super relieved, gave me a slip of paper, said that my parent would understand, and left. I looked at the paper, and all it had was a bank name and an info number. That's it.:iconnataliaplz:Dad was confused by this too. I felt really weird about the whole thing. Was she even with that bank? Why was she taking pics? And, why didn't she just say she was going to before she took them? Why did she take all that time and energy to be there just to give me a piece of paper that doesn't have much on it? The more I thought about it, the weirder it got.:iconscaredplz:

Went to IHOP after that. Mostly to have a chametz fest!:iconranranruuplz:(Also, made me feel better about earlier.) I can finally eat it, and I hadn't really gone all out yet. I got their cinnamon swirl brioche French toast, and the 'regular' combo. The French toast tasted like a huge cinnamon bun, but with even more of a cinnamon taste. Oddly, this looked better in real life than the pic for it in the menu. Doesn't happen too often. It was really good.:iconitalyplz:The combo usually comes with hash browns, eggs (I got them scrambled), 2 regular bacon strips, and 2 pork sausages. I don't eat pork products, but they let people substitute them with turkey alternatives. Which is really good. I got the turkey versions of the bacon and sausage. Only, I think they skimped on me a little.:iconpolandplz:I had one turkey bacon strip, and 1 turkey sausage. Oh well. I certainly didn't need more food.:iconsleepygreeceplz:It was all very good, though. Hadn't been to IHOP in a very long time. We sometimes think about going to it after Passover is over. Since there's a lot of bread-like stuff to be had there. I was good enough to eat only half of what I got, and had the rest for a brunch today.:iconchibinitalyplz:

I haven't been feeling too great today.:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:Went to bed pretty late, because I kind of needed my computer fix last night. (Went through messages, facebook, etc. Stuff that I normally would occasionally look at during the day.) I got up a little late, too. (Not as late as I thought it would be...) Ever since I got up I've had a weird ringing in my ears, and feeling like there's a lot of pressure weighing down on me. Maybe I need to use that weird ear stuff again, or it could be the weather. I'm apparently very sensitive to what goes on with the weather. The air pressure, winds, sudden changes in temp, etc. all can affect me. It's a little annoying.:iconswissplz:Most of the time it doesn't bother me too much, but this feels weird. I'll try flushing my ears out again. Haven't done it in a while. I also have a problem with too much wax buildup, and either need a nurse to flush it out or I've been using a kit more recently. It does pretty well. The chemical solution sits in the ear for a little while, softens or clears things away as it goes down, and it fizzes. It doesn't hurt, but if it fizzes a lot, it can feel itchy.:iconwtfromanoplz:After a certain amount of time, you use an ear medicine bulb by filling it with lukewarm water and slowly squirt it up into the ear. All the excess stuff tends to fall out at this time. It looks pretty nasty, but it's better that it's not in my ear anymore.:iconhongkongplz:And, when the doctor or other health professionals look at my ears they haven't asked the nurse to flush it since I've started using this stuff. The nurses use similar methods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment