Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Earth Day!

Mood::iconthailandplz:

The earth should definitely be appreciated. It's an amazing planet, and should be protected.:iconhongkongplz:The 8th day of Passover just ended too. Yay! I can have chametz now!:iconyayhanatamagoplz:(Things that weren't kosher during Passover. Bread, pasta, etc.) For dinner, I had some elbow macaroni with spaghetti sauce and beef meatballs on top. The regular sauce is much better than the Passover spaghetti sauce. The Passover one is kind of bland.:icondisgusted-hongkong:I still had the Passover cake I started yesterday, and some candies. Still good stuff, but now I can eat other things. It feels good when I finally can. The first bite of chametz after the holiday is awesome!:iconfrancisplz:I guess it makes people appreciate what they normally have more, as well. 

I got up a little late today, but got some things done at least.:iconwtfromanoplz:Did my morning sit-ups, and both my 2-mile walks. I'll definitely get my evening sit-ups in like I did last night. So, I managed to get both walks in!:dummy:It's been a while since I've done that. Feels great! It'd be great if I can keep up the walks and sit-ups again. It was very windy and sprinkling out during both my walks, but it down poured both times afterwards. Glad it wasn't during those walks. It was really nice and sunny, too. Slightly chilly, though. Smelled nice, because a lot of the flowers were still in bloom.

I noticed that the meds I ordered through the mail on the 11th weren't here yet. So, I called the pharmacy. They said that I apparently had ordered too close to the last order, and won't let it go through until the 24th.:iconsighingplz:Which I'll have to call them back then to go over the meds that are still at the 'in process' stage. It's weird because when I first ordered for my normal 2 months' worth, that weird psychiatrist who I never met (yet people told me over the phone was my actual 'doctor', they didn't use the word psychiatrist) only ok'd me for a month's worth and said that they wouldn't ok anymore orders. That person only ok'd 2 other orders, and those 2 weren't filled all the way either.:iconinsultedplz:So, I had told my actual new doctor about the whole thing. She found it odd as well, because at the physical she made it so she was in charge of all my meds. Including these ones until I find another psychiatrist. She made another refill for me for the 2nd month's worth, and told me that I could order it when I wanted to. I did like the next day after she ok'd it. Apparently that was too soon.:iconbraginskiplz:So odd. This person who I didn't know, kind of messed with things. So, after I get this cleared, I won't be able to order my normal amount until maybe the end of May or beginning of June. Oh well. At least I'm getting the next one soon. 

Also, there was a notice on our front door saying there will be a planned power outage on the 24th. I'm not sure if I've heard of these. They said that they're working to make the power grid better, and in order to do that safely for their crew and their customers they'll cut the power. Makes sense, but kind of a headache. They said the power will go out anytime between 8am and 4pm, and for roughly 3 hours. Great.:icongermanyplz:I'm glad they put out notices though. Very nice of them. Interesting that the day I can talk to the pharmacy about my recent order and to ok it, is the same one for the power outage. Something must be going on...I know I can just call the pharmacy the next day, if I can't get a hold of them. I kind of like to look at the order itself while talking to them, and that's online. The only way I can get to it is through my computer, and that may be off. One day later isn't bad, either. 

Rurouni Kenshin has been interesting. Apparently when people are being shot at, they rarely hit a character. I know that guns were relatively new back then (they were used to fighting with swords before), but that's kind of crazy. I like the stories behind the characters, though. (And, the characters are growing in development throughout it.) The fighting scenes are interesting. You also get kind of a taste of what life was like in the Meiji era. (1868 to 1912. The present time in the story is 1879, I think. Kenshin fought during the Meiji Restoration, which was a war/revolution that ended with the start of the Meiji era.) I'm not usually into historical anime/dramas, but this was done pretty well. Certainly keeps my interest. 
There have been slight differences so far in the manga version of Pandora Hearts. It's only slightly different. I know I've read at some point the anime took a totally different turn to what the manga did. So, I guess I'll get a chance to see that. The manga went on for quite a bit longer, too. So, there might be a lot more to the original story. Sounds exciting!:la:I just got to the part where they introduced the Cheshire cat. The whole story has heavy Alice in Wonderland themes. There are 2 Alices that are kind of mirror images of each other. (Goes with the theme pretty well, I think.) One that's of the Abyss, or she's better known as the Will of the Abyss; and the other is supposedly a Chain who was trapped in the Abyss. Chains have special powers, love to eat people, and tend to look super creepy. This Alice is very powerful, doesn't eat humans, and isn't really all that creepy. She's searching for her memories. (The other side of that is most Chains don't have memories of before they were in the Abyss.) The other Alice is only creepy in personality and behavior. She's kind of insane. She ripped out Break's eye for the fun of it.:iconitalyishorrifiedplz:If Chains find human contractors, they can travel to our world. Oz is Alice's contractor. The Chains can't use their powers in this world unless the contractor allows them to. (They'll eat up the energy of the contractor and eventually the contractor will be sent to the lowest level of the Abyss.) I love the Cheshire cat in this (I liked him in Alice in Wonderland, too). This one's obsessed with the Will of Abyss, and will destroy anyone who he deems may be a threat to her. The Mad Hatter character is probably Break. No one knows what he's thinking, drinks tea all the time, always has candy, talks to a doll, and is rather 'mad', in the crazy sense. The Chain Alice calls him a clown. But, he's also a good character deep down. 

Wrote a bit more of the 7th chapter of my nightmare anthology. Didn't get through much of it, because Word was acting really slow.:iconlietplz:But, at least I got through some of it. It's turning out to be another interesting one.

Played my clarinet. Sounded much better than yesterday. Did some tunes from my general solo book, some Ellington, and some Gershwin. Rosie, one of our cats, actually sat really close to me through most of it. I don't understand why she likes me playing the clarinet so much.:iconkikuplz:I would've thought it'd be at least too noisy for her to be that close. Maybe I play better than I think I do...:iconseychelles-plz:After I play she usually looks at me as if to say: "that's it?" It's cute, and I guess it's nice to have her as my number one fan. She's lucky that she gets a front row seat that way.:iconenglandispervyplz:The other cat, Tasha, sometimes eats her food on the banister while I play. Kind of like she gets some lunch music or something. That's interesting too. 

JapaneseClass' site had a huge overhaul. I know that they've been telling us for months now that they were going to upgrade it, but I didn't think it'd be so soon.:iconsleepygreeceplz:I'll have to get used to the new design. It seems quicker with its reaction time, which is good. All the tabs to different parts of the site are on the side now. That's better than before. The only part I'm not liking so far is I can see people who are online at the same time move around in another sidebar as they gain experience points. It's kind of annoying. I'll be practicing and suddenly see that sidebar going crazy moving people up or down with the rankings as they gain or lose points. I wonder if they'll make an option where we can turn that part off?:iconromanoplz:We'll see. Can't challenge anyone at the moment, either. I didn't really use that function too often, but apparently people loved to challenge me. My friends list carried over, too. I did the practice questions for 'attendance', and went over some vocab from my oblivion list. I only got a few answers wrong, and made a pretty long combo of correct ones. Yay!:iconheroamericaplz:

No comments:

Post a Comment