Monday, December 24, 2012

Opera (Japanese Version)

Mood::iconeestiplz:

By Super Junior. Super Junior's a South Korean boy band, with 9 active members currently. At it's peak they had 13 members. They've won many awards in Korea, and are popular worldwide. It's interesting that (as I've noticed) a lot of the big/popular Korean bands out there have a Japanese version of at least some of their songs. I actually prefer this version over the original Korean one. One of the few songs of theirs I feel that way with. Even though I do have more of a draw towards the Japanese versions, some of those just don't sound right. They're choppy, and don't seem to have the same flow. It's a cool music video, too. It seems that they're trying to appeal to people and show them what operas can be like. As one of the translated lines says: "The opera suits you much more than you think." I'm not really into opera, but I love the song. 

[Full] Super Junior - Opera Japanese ver by f100000113838875

Well, to people who celebrate Christmas, hope you have a great one!:dummy:I don't, but I have many friends and family members who do. And I wish them all the best. 

We were going to a local Chinese buffet tomorrow night. But, there's a high chance that this area might actually get snow, so we played it safe and went out tonight. Apparently, the closest one that we like so much, was closed for repairs.:iconwtfukplz:So, we had to go out a ways. But, it's a pretty good one too. Just odd customers. I think there's a bigger selection at this one, compared to the other one. There was a bigger sushi bar, many different types of chicken, really good vegetable rolls (maybe better than at the other place), tasty bok choy, garlic green beans, salads, salmon, corn, and more. For dessert, they have a chocolate fountain with slices of bananas and marshmallows on the side for you to dip into it. Also, some banana slices in a strawberry sauce, different flavors of ice cream, cake rolls, cream puffs, etc. I grabbed tiny bits of everything I could eat. Didn't have as many plates of food as I usually do. It's a sign that I'm on the right track!:iconchibinitalyplz:

Speaking of which, I've been exercising more and eating less the last few weeks. Feeling much better already. I'm now doing 20 sit-ups when I get up, and 20 more just before going to sleep. Started with just doing 10 twice in a day. Adding 5 to both the morning and night ones each week. Actually, feel like the area around my abdomen is tightening a bit more. Trying to cut a lot of my dinners down. I think that was partially my problem. Eating too much for dinner.:iconhongkongplz:I tend to have half what I did before, and save the rest for another meal. Still trying to eat less at other meals too, but I hadn't worked on this yet. Went a couple of times for longer walks. Still not as long as I wanted, but it's a step. Hope to do those long walks at least once a day. But, I guess I have to work up to it. Eventually, I hope to add in riding my bike, and maybe playing basketball. (More like just shooting hoops, but still...) Those would help a lot as well. I've already lost a lot of weight from when I was at my heaviest, after coming home from college. (Last time I checked, I lost about 50 pounds compared to back then. Might be more now.) Long before I started this. Lost weight almost as soon as I started a med called lamotrigine. Which has been amazing...Depression meds made me gain so much, that was the main reason. This is a bipolar 2 med. (Originally used for epilepsy.) Doesn't work as well for type 1 people. But, that's going into something else...:iconnorwayunimpressedplz:
Started watching Tonari Kaibutsu-kun, or the English title is My Little Monster. (But the lit. translation is The Monster Seated Next to Me.) It's hilarious so far! I love how blunt they are, and how they already know their feelings for each other. A lot of shows spend forever on the 'do I love them?' 'do they love me?' stuff. The story focuses on the relationship between Shizuku Mizutani and a boy named Haru Yoshida. Shizuku thought the only thing she was interested in was studying and planning for her future. Haru rarely attended school, and after meeting Shizuku while she delivered class print-outs to his home, he immediately greets her as a friend. Because of her, he's decided to go back to school, and sits next to her in class. He's constantly around her. He's already stated his feelings that he's in love with her, and she's realizing that she's falling for him. He's kind of a goofball. Irritated easily, curious about having a real friendship, felt abandoned before, and seems to be a bit unpredictable with his behavior in general. He now has a pet rooster that he's been taking care of at the school. Much to the dismay of his teacher. (It's very messy, and he doesn't clean up after it.) 

Went through a lot of the CDs I have in my CD tower or rack. A lot of them I didn't put in my CD holder, so I forgot about them. Found one that a friend gave me before we graduated high school, called Rachel's Mix. Full of songs she thought 'suited' me. I don't even remember which one of my friends gave it to me.:iconusaplz:Some songs I absolutely love. Some, are just plain annoying or boring. Great find, and brought some good memories back. Also, saw a CD that was made just before we graduated. It was for everyone who played in the high school band. It has recordings of some of our old performances, and pics of us. Individually and in groups. Cool to see. I looked a lot different back then.:iconchibicanadaplz:

Also, went through my Rammstein and Gorillaz CDs. I almost forgot about them. Rammstein is one of the few industrial metal bands I can tolerate, or even love. Their songs seem to really pack a punch, and can be like a wild ride. I've always loved Gorillaz, from when I first heard them back in high school. Cool beats, and a style of blending multiple musical genres. Like alternative, rock, hip hop, electronica, dub, pop, and more. I love music that brings together so many different genres. Makes it fun. They're a 'virtual' band with 4 members: 2D, Murdoc, Noodle, and Russel. I'll talk more about them when I 'feature' some of their songs. Also, looked up stuff for the band Blur. (1 of the members helped create [along with the artist/illustrator Jamie Hewlett], and provide some of the vocals and various instruments for Gorillaz.) I loved the band before, but found even more cool songs from them. Really awesome band. 

Apparently, we're not going to our usual place for New Year's Eve. But, that's fine since we're pretty close with the people who are hosting it this time. The ones who usually do it will be there too. They invited a bunch of people that we know, so that would be nice. Probably get to chow down on a bunch of junk food, play some games, and watch the fireworks on TV like usual. I'm going to bring a couple of games this time. Thought it would be fun to do something different if we get bored of things like Trivial Pursuit and Apples to Apples. I'm thinking of bringing Boggle, Stratego, and maybe Rummikub. Haven't played Stratego in a long time. It's kind of like chess, only with bombs.:iconprussiaplz:I love strategy games. 

Watched Kamisama Hajimemashita. Next episode is the finale. I was really surprised by this one. It's really good, and I don't really want it to end. 

Managed to write more of chapter 19. I'm a bit stuck at the moment, but I'm trying to muddle through it. Played my clarinet. Getting even better with some of the Klezmer tunes in my book. Practiced some kanji and compounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment