Friday, August 16, 2019

15th of Av

Tried that new cinnamon roll mug cake that I mentioned last night. I think it was the best mug cake I've had. The instructions were really simple. Pour cake mix into a mug, add water or milk (I used milk), mix well, heat up in the microwave for about a minute, add icing on top, and let it sit for a couple of minutes before eating. There was a lot of icing, it wasn't too sweet, tons of cinnamon, and very fluffy. I read reviews on it saying things like the icing is too thick and comes out in a lump. Mine didn't do that. It was thick, but I could squeeze it out evenly over the cake. There are many other flavors that sound really good, too. They all have a topping of some sort. Makes it a little more fun. Might be nice to try the others in the future. 

Someone posted a problematic meme in an enby fb group. Over a character with a chest binder it read: some boys were born girls. Another character had a wig in their hand and over them it read: some girls were born boys. This is actually transphobic and as some people worded it, bioessentialist. The op said it was supposed to be positive and it was just other people's opinions when we called them out on it. No, it's not. We've always been what our genders are. We weren't born a different gender. Some doctor interpreted our genitals to be a certain way, which is harmful in many ways. Male and female are still gendered terms. What people really mean when they ask for the sex of someone is what genitals they have. I have an agender body, since it's mine. It's not female. I was assigned that. It also comes across as trans people are just pretending. Many people don't like to use terms like mtf (male to female) or ftm (female to male) any more, either. Afab (assigned female at birth) or amab (assigned male at birth) are much more accurate and validating. You already are female or male, in these examples. The doctor just assigned you the wrong gender. Some enby people were starting to use mtx or ftx for a little while, but also realized how problematic that was. X being used for the non-binary umbrella in general. X is also being used as a new gender marker, like f or m, for IDs. Wish it was nationwide. I personally would use afab agender person. In relation to the meme, the text probably should be: some boys were assigned female at birth (or shorten to afab), some girls were assigned male at birth (or amab). It's also a little weird in an enby group. None of us, unless they're allies (there aren't many in that one for many reasons), are strictly and entirely men or women all the time. That's the umbrella definition. That's inclusive of people who have genders that are fluid and might sometimes be men or women, as well as demigenders where they might be partially a binary gender. Some people are bigender and might be both a man and woman at the same time. There are others. Why have such a binary meme in a group like that? 

In one of the IBD groups on there, someone posted graphic pics in their main post. In the rules it clearly states that you should describe what it's about, to warn people, then post them in the comments. (Obviously has to be related to Crohn's, UC, lesser known ones in some way.) That way people don't have to be confronted with that right away. Some people are genuinely triggered by it, some might be eating, some might not be in a good place (in public) to see it, etc. Many reasons behind it. So, a lot of people reported it. Then, he made a really angry post about how if you can't handle those pics, maybe you shouldn't be in the group. I saw the post with the pics in it briefly, but didn't have the stomach to really focus on what it was. Then, I saw his other post, and it was pretty toxic. People tried to reason with him, but he thought they were being immature. I didn't really see an admin or mod step in, but both posts were deleted. I'm wondering if he was talked to in a pm, and then booted out of the group? That's probably for the best. Although, people do need support with this sort of thing, and it can really get to them. Might be why he lashed out. I hope he still gets some sort of support, but also realizes why it was such an issue. That's tough.

I've noticed that the lump in my neck has been growing in size. The other side of my neck doesn't have a lump, which is good and gives me a way to compare. Lumps near knuckles are getting slightly bigger, too. I feel like something is growing in the left side of my abdomen. I mentioned in the past where that area felt kind of like a balloon moving around and was painful. Worried me enough to email my primary about it. It now feels more solid/fuller and bigger. It only hurts when I twist that area, but it does feel uncomfortable the rest of the time. At least I get to see my primary in a little less than 2 weeks.

I'm hoping I can get to more of my usual things next week. It was a little difficult with the heat and getting to other things that needed to be done. On Monday, some people are going to help put up the new TV. The replacement finally came. It's a much bigger and more advanced TV than our current one. That will be cool. Next Friday, I get to have my hair dyed. Can't wait! 

Youtube:

Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler): Book of the Atlantic:




Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (Assassination Classroom):

No comments:

Post a Comment