Wednesday, August 28, 2019

27th of Av

Managed to get everything on my to-do list done yesterday. That's rare, and feels good. Even if some of it was just for fun. I won't go through all of it on here, though.

Played some of Elder Scrolls: Blades yesterday. The game has only been released for the iPhone. I've been playing it for about a month. I love rpg's. I also loved Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, which I played over a decade ago. It was pretty amazing. This hasn't been on the same level, but really awesome for an app. Maybe they'll expand on it in the future? My character is already up to level 33. 

You also get to build/customize your own town. The higher the level of the town, the more higher leveled things (weapons, armor, potions, ingredients, etc.) will be available. Mine's up to level 7. That's been much slower to level up. Decorations help, but building houses, smithies, workshops, etc. get more prestige which is basically exp used for leveling it up. All that costs both in coins and materials. So, I'm constantly saving stuff for it as well as for weapons and armor. I like how complex it can be. 

The quests are ranked by skulls. The more skulls next to it, the more difficult. There are also daily challenges. I think they have it set up where you can't play it all day, making it less addicting which is good. I don't particularly like that opening chests takes time. It's ok with wooden ones taking only 5 seconds, but gold ones, for instance, take 6 hours to open. If you want it opened sooner, you have to pay with gems. Until recently people couldn't get many of those in a day without paying real money for them. Now, they've opened up many ways to get them for free. Like, quests that have gems as a reward every few hours. Gaining a lot of them when leveling up, too. Some enemies drop them when they're defeated. They're really handy. 

There's also an abyss. It's set up with different levels to a dungeon that's made up of caves and castles. Each level is harder, there is no food which replenishes health, there are no chests unless you earn them through exp, you earn other things that way there too, and still can earn coins from enemies. Each time you enter another level, you earn a lot more coins and exp. I think the furthest I've gone is to level 25. It'll be interesting to play a different game every day.

Finished the Future and Recreation units in Duolingo's Dutch course. Only had 2 wrong answers for the questions/sentences. Next, will be the Comparison one. Made it into the 'promotion' zone of the Gold League. It'll be interesting to get into the Sapphire (or was it Ruby?) League again. It looks like they may have added higher leagues. Don't know what those would be. 

I don't think I mentioned this before, but I went back to reading Hell's Kitchen roughly a month ago. There were no available updates for a few years. I'm so happy I can come close or actually finish it. I don't think the last couple of chapters are up yet. Might be by the time I get to them. It's a good manga. Plus, it's mostly centered on food, which I love. All the characters are quirky and interesting. It would be a great anime. 

I drew Junko's shoulders and neck. It was a little tough to figure how wide her shoulders should be for some reason. I like how they turned out. I also planned how her arms will be positioned and where her waist will be. I'm using many diagrams and pics for reference. The old artist's anatomy book that used to be my grandma's isn't the best. It did help some in the past, though. I also am trying to find my own style for it, but still be semi-close to being anatomically correct. It's a balancing act. 

Edited more of Alliance. Made it to chapter 3. Did one more page each of both the ebook and print than yesterday. 5 pages for one, and 7 pages for the other. I'm surprised I got to so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment