Friday, August 2, 2019

1st of Av

This is my wallpaper for August. It's Natsu from Fairy Tail. Thought it was cool and captured a lot of emotion. In recent episodes, he's had a lot going on. Almost died, realizing that he actually had blood relatives alive (he was raised by a dragon), embracing his humanity instead of becoming a demon or dragon, fighting his best friend, almost losing said friend to the main villain, etc. The war in general is getting more intense with each episode. It's the last season, so it makes sense. 

The month-long holidays for August are: National Panini Month, National Peach Month. Some are for important causes, some are to make you appreciate things you may take for granted, and some are just for fun. Not many this month...I love peaches! The skins upset my gut, so I end up getting the pre-cut ones. Peeling them every time can be tiring. Paninis are fun. 

For the Jewish calendar, both pics are of decorative plates. The main pic is from the '50s, and the other is from c. 1910. The main one is in blue print on white with both Dutch and Hebrew around it. The middle has a dining room scene with a table, place setting, a candle, window, and curtains. The older plate is bronze looking with an intricate design. 

The elements calendar has carbon this month. A very important element. Makes sense that it would be featured at some point. 

Rosie seems to have gone back to urging me to eat more often. I've mentioned it before on here. She thinks I'm not eating enough. It started around the time of my first colitis flare. I would (still do sometimes) forget to eat. When she does it, it's not like she's hungry or begging for food. There's plenty of food in her bowl, and she doesn't actually eat it when she wants me to have something. She's like my therapy cat. She's been guarding me often, too. Tasha seems to be becoming more protective of me. That's a little new. In a way, it's like they both think of me as their child that they have to protect and help. Maybe they can sense the health stuff I'm going through and are reacting to that? It's so cute and great to see such creatures caring about me so much. Makes me feel loved. Although, sometimes Rosie takes things to stalker level with guarding/following me around. That gets creepy. 

Recently there was the 4th anniversary of me being diagnosed with IBD or colitis. It's changed how I view food a lot and other things I may have taken for granted. The most surprising part of it, so far, has been the massive pain from my scarred colon while in remission. I was told that I wouldn't have any symptoms once in remission. In fact, that's apparently one of the signs that you are. No one told me about what happens if it causes a lot of damage before going into remission. Would have been nice to have known. It can affect so many things. Plus, there's an added risk of having another type of autoimmune disease. I don't need another one, but it looks like I do.

Went to a Kitsap Safe Schools potluck last night. They're a pretty cool organization. They've donated to the Q Center in the past. Q Center is basically an LGBTQ+ youth group. They've also helped with Pride. My parent's a member, and I've been to a couple of meetings. Came out to them as agender at the meeting before the potluck. I didn't want to be referred to as daughter and/or one of the women, since I'm not one. One of the older, somewhat leader of it, members seemed to perk up when I talked about it. They liked that I'm an author, as well. Even wrote down my pen name. Anyways, I had to remind some of them that knew, and explain to the ones that didn't. They took it in stride, which was nice. Felt I had to explain why I don't call my parent mom, since they kept referring to her that way around me. They seemed to understand. There was a lot of food I could have. Most of it was homemade. A couple of pasta salads, potato salad, salad greens, bread, and a few other things for the dinner part. My parent made cherry clafoutis for dessert. It's like cherries in a thick pancake/crepe cake thing. She made it last year. It was way too much for 2 people, so why not make it for a potluck instead? Strawberry rhubarb pie, a thick brownie, pocky, chocolates, and I think a couple of other things for dessert. Good stuff. Ended up talking a lot about Judaism. I was surprised people wanted to talk about it for as long as we did. They told me they were very fascinated by it. I try to educate people if it comes up. Some people really don't know much about it. We also talked about politics towards the end, which was fun in a way. 

Youtube:

One Piece:

One Punch Man:

Charlotte:

Black Clover:

Fairy Tail:

Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer):

Juuni Taisen (Zodiac War):

Gunjou no Magmel (Magmel of the Blue Sea):

No comments:

Post a Comment