Monday, January 14, 2019

8th of Shevat

Since I was more strict with my 'diet' last week, it was nice to have those treat days during the weekend. Felt even more special. I'm still keeping it up. While at Starbucks on Saturday, I tried to catch up with the past week on fb. There was a lot, and I think I only saw the 'highlights' that fb chose for me...At least, I saw a good portion of it. Went through a bit more yesterday, but didn't give myself as much time. Looked more at AVEN, which didn't have much. 

I used to check social media throughout the day (especially when I ate), which added too much time. Now, if I'm to eat something hot and have to wait for it to cool, or feel like I have some extra time during the week, I do puzzles/mini games on new apps I found. Those being: Sudoku, Jigsaw Puzzle, and Color Number. I never really was into Sudoku, but I'm getting the hang of it now. I'm figuring them out much quicker than I did at the beginning. There are a ton of puzzles in the jigsaw one. You can decide to have up to 625 pieces a puzzle. The more you have, the more points you get. If you add the rotate pieces option, you can earn even more. Not sure what those points are used for...You can also turn your own pics into puzzles. The Color Number one I've used in the past, but got rid of it because my old phone didn't have much storage. It's a fun color-by-number one. Some of them are surprisingly hard to fill in. They add more of them every day, so there are a lot in their collections. Anything from 'cute' easy stuff to pieces of famous art. With the easier stuff, it doesn't seem as colorful. They do have collections called '100 colors' and '200 colors' where they use that many per entry. People could probably spend all day on them. If I'm doing a big one, I'll stop at certain points. So, I never actually take too long with it. I think this was a good idea for me, in order to stay away from social media during the week. Plus, I feel like I'm getting mini brain workouts with some of them. I might look for word games, too. I also downloaded another detective escape game, but I'm taking a little break from those.

I did manage to practice my clarinet on Sunday. So, I did it for an entire week, except on Shabbos (Saturday). Yay! Practiced more today, too. I'm playing so much that my 'clarinet thumb' is starting to blister. It hasn't done that in a while. Since I lost the pad to the part that rests on your thumb, I've had a raised callous there. That probably happened the first year I started playing. (I was 10.) Even when I had about a 2-year break after college. It sometimes hurts without playing as well. I never got another pad, because I thought I didn't need to. Most of the time, I hardly remember it's there. I've heard that many people lose that pad often, and some just don't care if they don't have it, like me. I do feel like I'm improving. I think my reed often gets dry when I play. That might be because of the environment or weather right now. 

I had kept up with my Italian until I forgot about it on Sunday. Oh well. Still was a good amount of time for the week. Went through Duolingo's Nature unit today. Next is Subj. Per. There are only 5 more after that. Still not sure which language I'll pick next. 

Ao no Exorcist or Blue Exorcist had a manga update. It's getting intense. Rin is still being shown the past and how he came to be. Satan (the demon named himself this) has gone out of control. He only recently was able to take over a 'vessel' and develop his own consciousness. He's like an intelligent powerful baby that has no concept of right and wrong. Before he took over that body, Rin's mother, Yuri, would play with him as a kid. The only thing that was visible to her were blue flames, and she called him Rinka. Probably who Rin is named after. Satan still cares about her even when she's an adult, and she's the only human he'll listen to. We know Yuri and Satan get together and have Rin and Yukio. I'm just not sure I'm liking where it's headed. It feels like he might have raped her, but I hope not. I hope it was consensual. Although, she feels more for Shiro. Shiro's the one that ends up taking care of the twins after she dies. This was revealed pretty early on in the story. We just didn't know the story up to that point. I get a bit confused when they talk about Satan and Lucifer as 2 different demons. Satan being Lucifer's father, and supposedly the 2nd most powerful demon. They both met in this chapter. Lucifer's 'vessel' was badly breaking down at the time, so he didn't look too well. I think in the present time, he's still having issues with another body. He seems to have the worst luck out of all the demons with a vessel. The only demon that doesn't seem to have issues with the body he possesses is Mephisto. This might be because he can manipulate time. 

For drawing, I figured out how to draw Shadow's torso and arms better. He looks close to 'normal'. Probably not perfect, but not bad. I'll try to draw his hands and legs next time. I can tell I'm improving slowly with my drawing, too. Certainly better than the last time I tried to tackle a full-body drawing of a character. If I get used to it, I can draw them like that more often. I'd like to do different perspectives, too. Like from the side, back, tilted, etc.

Edited more of Alliance. Got to chapter 11 this time. (There are 20 altogether.) I think there were less errors to fix this time. Yay!

Managed to get a walk in for today. It was cold out there, and the sun was shining in my eyes for most of it. I didn't think about taking my sunglasses with me...It was nice still. Hopefully I can keep it up this week. I also got a new umbrella this weekend, so if it's raining, I can still take a walk. No excuses with that. However, if I feel like I have to be near a toilet (because of a symptom coming on), I'm not going. Hopefully, that won't be often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment